#21 Kushko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 493 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

View PostEcto Cooler, on 18 October 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

I was in the grocery store today, they were selling a candle for $20.

A candle.

How much do you want to bet the majority of the complainers in this thread and others don't have a Founders Badge or Project Phoenix one?

Hello, I am a founder and I am here to complain.

#22 John Branon

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

View PostZerberus, on 19 October 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

I do not consider less than a day`s pay to be "quite a lot" for, well, just about anything.

Are you OK with paying 40$ for a pretzel or 80$ for a music-CD as well?

#23 Kardax

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

I paid because its paying money that allows the company to improve the franchise and add new stuff.
I like mechwarrior and i want it to develop.
Freebies give nothing, only show the interest in franchise itself.

#24 CaveMan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,127 posts
  • LocationIn a leather flying cap and goggles

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Yellow badge = fool me once, shame on you.

Red star = fool me twice, shame on me.

#25 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostJohn Branon, on 19 October 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:

Are you OK with paying 40$ for a pretzel or 80$ for a music-CD as well?

As a general rule, no, but there are in fact examples of both worth easily that much and more ;)

#26 Ecto Cooler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 254 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostIC Rafe, on 19 October 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

Sorry, but i find a pricetag of 80$ (58euro) quite steep actually, considering bills, food, transport, rent, insurance etc. I have 50 euro per month in my budget for gaming, and can usually get a subscription out of that + some games off steam which has a lot more value for me.

You've already made four posts in this thread saying how you can't afford MW:O and even if you could, you don't care to support it anyway.

Enough is enough. You're not the only person who has an opinion, why do you insist on spamming it?

#27 IC Rafe

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

Euhm, please read my posts if you think i wouldn't support it if the pricing model was better.

Am i not allowed to post then? I am not the only person with an opinion, and most posts are in answer to something and trying to explain my reasoning. Would you rather have just whineposts without an explanation?

Edit: the only reason i "spam" is because i want this game to succeed, and with the current pricing model, i dont see that happen since there are many people who think as i do (which you can see if you check through the forum)

Edited by IC Rafe, 19 October 2013 - 11:35 AM.

#28 Vicconius

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

I agree with some that there are worse pricing models out there. $80 means different things to different people. To me that's dinner and a movie for one nights entertainment. YMMV

#29 HorriblePig

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostZerberus, on 19 October 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

To be honest, I stopped reading at

I work a normal job with halfway decent pay (15$/hr gross, 40hr/week, late shift), and lead a normal lifestyle, and I do not consider less than a day`s pay to be "quite a lot" for, well, just about anything. Many young people drink themselves into a stupor for a similar amount week after week after week..... Maybe I just consider playing MWO to be more fun than lying in a puddle of my own vomit on some street corner, I dunno...

But since it is obviously a value of money issue, at least this discrepancy between us, and I just barely fit into the lower middle class with my net income, maybe with all due respect you need to try to find a better job, or at least one that pays actual money? ;)

That is your value for money but I think you'll find many who learn in life like savour their earnings regardless of their gains.
I do not know why you would stop to comment such harsh words if your attention span is only enough to read one line of the whole post, which I admit is a wall of text. But by what you said seems you have a lot to say about a lot of nothing.

If you don't read the post I would in all good will advise you to hold your tongue, with all due respect.

Edited by HorriblePig, 19 October 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#30 Libas

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

Everyone can evaluate the money he wants - can spent on something he likes and then do it if he feels it s ok with that.
My opinion about the cost of the package, is that since i play and enjoy the game and what it gives me with the money spented for it, then i m ok spenting my moeny on it.
For me it worthed paying those money since i got myself some nice mechs, i contributed to the game makers so they can continue support the game i like to play.
So if you think that the amout was too high for you, maybe you could buy the smaller package or wait to buy the spesific mech you like and buy it after the open release for those who didnt buy the package.

PS: sorry for my bad english

#31 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

View PostEcto Cooler, on 18 October 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

It wasn't difficult to figure out, but I am having a logical issue perhaps you could help me with?

Why are people who don't agree with PGI are still here on the forums and still complaining?

Because we love the MW franchise.
Because a great many of us waited 13 years for a MW title to come out.
Because we want the game to survive, in light of the weaknesses of this dev team.

Hard to figure out I guess.. .so there ya go....

Had $110 ready to go......spent $80 on War Thunder instead, pocketed the extra $30, and got my money's worth, unlike the Founder's pack I bought. Yes, I got the 'items' I was promised with my F-pack..... the promises made at that time of purchase, however, have evaporated. This is why so many Founders feel kicked to the curb. Add in the squandering of the $5 million we tossed at them, being spent on other projects and a few long vacations, 180 degree turn on 3PV, ongoing core issues from closed beta like hit detection/registration, ghost heat, ECM blanketing entire teams of mechs, and much more, well, I hope they had a good vacation on my dime.

I simply won't throw another dime into this game until it actually becomes a game, and not a gameplay demo, which is really all this is at present. A demo, with a few more mechs and maps than a typical demo.

I'm still playing this demo, but, looking at War Thunder, a game about the same age as MWO, you cannot compare the two at their core. Massive and very functional UI, a Launcher that doesn't peg my video card to 99% at 70 degrees centigrade. Where I get 35-45 FPS here, I get 60-70+ in WT, with tons less heat. I'm set to max high in WT, and here, I'm set to max high with custom LOW settings in the Advanced area.

Leveling up is a great experience. One feels like one is constantly accomplishing something. You may not be into WW II flight games, but, the core package is miles ahead of this .. demo. Yes, bigger dev team. Had this game been managed correctly, it could have had a bigger dev team also. Add into the fact that MW is much more of a niche genre vs. World War 2 flight sims, with a much smaller of a player base, they didn't need as big of a dev team.

So, yeah, I feel like I tossed my $60 down the drain with MWO. Now, the wallet is closed, and I wait, and watch, and occasionally play with the friends I brought into the game, who mostly, are also NOT spending any more money.

Edited by Ensaine, 20 October 2013 - 04:40 AM.

#32 Crohnic

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

I'm having trouble convincing myself to purchase the Phoenix package, specifically Overlord. A small part of the reason is that I've enjoyed a year of MW:O for less than $50. The main issue is that $80 for Overlord nets me three lights I don't want (translated to some spare parts and two empty bays), and three assaults with questionable value after tonnage limits are introduced.

It is true that we have a very basic game as it stands now, but PGI is working on something better. Will they pull it off? That's where the hope comes in and I can relate to that.

I agree that Mech bays (and paint on sale) are the only things reasonably priced, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. That's because one difference between a F2P FPS and Battlefield is that a decent percentage of our purchases here have to cover the costs of the server. In my old FPS clan, I donated $60-100/year towards the cost of a dedicated server, so I have no problem paying the same amount for MW:O each year for it's continued development.

So why I can't I get off the fence when it comes to the Overlord package?

#33 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

They need to take a hint from other free to play game and drasticaly lower their prices on everything. More people spending more would be better, having more people around is better as a general rule when running a business.

#34 Ecto Cooler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 254 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 20 October 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

They need to take a hint from other free to play game and drasticaly lower their prices on everything. More people spending more would be better, having more people around is better as a general rule when running a business.

All retail stores need to take a hint from Wal-Mart and drastically lower their prices on everything. I don't think a one size fits all approach to any business is very smart.

All I see are Lemonade Stand Tycoons preaching about how PGI should operate.

#35 tvaughanx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

View PostEcto Cooler, on 20 October 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

All retail stores need to take a hint from Wal-Mart and drastically lower their prices on everything. I don't think a one size fits all approach to any business is very smart.

All I see are Lemonade Stand Tycoons preaching about how PGI should operate.

Walmart has a bad business model....
Posted Image

#36 Ecto Cooler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

View Posttvaughanx, on 21 October 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

Walmart has a bad business model....

Not only did you miss the point of the comment, but regardless of what your opinion on Wal-Mart is, there is no arguing they are one of the most successful and profitable retailers to date.

Posted Image

#37 tvaughanx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

View PostEcto Cooler, on 21 October 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

Not only did you miss the point of the comment, but regardless of what your opinion on Wal-Mart is, there is no arguing they are one of the most successful and profitable retailers to date.

Posted Image

Ok so after proving my point what is your point?

#38 Dreamslave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

View PostIC Rafe, on 18 October 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

Sorry, i dont pay for hope, i pay for a finished product which has the features it advertises now, not in an undisclosed timeframe.

#39 Ecto Cooler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

Nobody is charging for hope. You're buying the products available for the game as it is now.

The developers are using part of that income to continue to expand on and improve the game, so that people will continue to spend more money on it. Not a very difficult concept.

I don't care if people don't think MW:O is worth the money. You can speak with your wallet. But people with this self-entitled attitude complaining about the prices and content is absurd.

#40 McBond

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

I paid because I want to see this game develop and I want to see new games based on the franchise. If the $60 guardian package is the only thing I buy for a year, then that is the same as pay a mere $5 a month for a subscription. I have no problem paying people for their work if it is useful to me or I like it. But there's the idea out there that paying real money for software is ridiculous. Why should a programmer get paid less than some broad who pours my drink at the bar?

29 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users