Oculus Rift

32 replies to this topic

#21 QuimMorius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

Any updates and new information about this as TrackIR with 6DOF is implemented? Can the Oculus use this
fuctionality of the game to act as TrackIR input?

Also, when the 3D option will be enabled, maybe that will help the cockpit, hud and crosshairs look correct?

Considering getting the DK2, and seeing that MWO is my n1 game, this would be some awesome fun try.

I can also see that Hawken has full Oculus support already, so PGI if you are reading, this should be done. :D

Edited by QuimMorius, 07 July 2014 - 10:21 AM.

#22 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:32 AM

No, OR has a different API to TIR.

And don't worry about being left out, TrackIR implementation did not really happen - they got it so wrong that it is not really usable in a match, I don't use mine at the moment.
The mistakes they made are going to affect OR too, so we will have to wait and see what they do. I suspect it will be a long time before they can fix the bugs with the crosshair / advanced zoom that stop head tracking tech from being practical.

#23 SuperBroHeroFella

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:32 AM

But they already have confirmed that IR support is done and will be released within the next patches.

#24 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:10 AM

TrackIR works, have tested.. and oculus, well frankly it is underwhelming.. cool stuff from flight sims, but in MWO I'd want more resolution to really enjoy. Though the 3d effect is nifty, but I'd still hold off untill they get decent reso goggles out.

And there is only so much you can play before the eventual motion sickness forces you to take a break, at least I feel super-weird rest of the day... despite that war thunder was way better with oculus (From outside point of view, you WILL look funny playing it :)

#25 Amro One

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:38 AM

Aside from 90% of you have motion sickness when playing Oculus rift.
I would love to sit back on a couch with keyboard and mouse instead of sitting at a desk.
If Oculus rift actually simulates what would actually be in the {LT-MOB-25} pit. no courser following eyes, cause that is not lore, that's why they have a jot stick to aim. It would be awesome.
Just make Oculus rift free view and it be awesome and everything else it hte same.

#26 Prezimonto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:09 AM

#27 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:08 AM

View PostSuperBroHeroFella, on 09 July 2014 - 06:32 AM, said:

But they already have confirmed that IR support is done and will be released within the next patches.

It's been in a while, but it was not done properly.
Translations of the head cause deviations of the crosshair, so anything above 2DoF is pretty pointless.
Due to the way they implemented enhanced zoom, rotating your head with adv zoom causes the crosshair to translate.

This is why you see targetting boxes and such behave wierdly in adv zoom - it's noticeable in normal play too, if you have arm lock off.

PGI Know about this, Naturalpoint know about this. Nothing has yet been done.

Edited by evilC, 11 July 2014 - 11:08 AM.

#28 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

I really really really hate you right now.*sobs* in a jealous fit. :D

#29 Tresch

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:26 AM

TrackIR and Oculus Rift support should only control the camera, everything else should be the same! At least from the start. Could possible have an optional way to control something with head motion, but it would need to be optional.

#30 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:45 AM

View PostTresch, on 31 July 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

TrackIR and Oculus Rift support should only control the camera, everything else should be the same! At least from the start. Could possible have an optional way to control something with head motion, but it would need to be optional.

They do only control view. You do not get the same effect as holding CTRL - ie the arm reticule is not slaved to the head view.
It is possible to control the view and the arms independently of the torso with TrackIR (For example you can shield with a shield side, slew the view to maintain sight of an enemy, and bring the arms *only* to bear on the target)

#31 MAX3D2

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

TriDEF I have not been able to get it to work with my Oculus Rift DK2. I followed your steps exactly. What mode did you have your DK2 set on? So far I have tried all modes and have enabled and disabled my second monitor with no success with MWO. I was thinking about trying VorpX. I would hate to spend 40.00 on something else that doesn't work. (Edited Post) Well I have been at it for about 6hrs and still I cannot get it to work with Tridef. As for IF? PGI will add Oculus support? I doubt it. Remember UI2.0 and how long that took. And we still haven't seen community warfare yet. Still CW still should kick ass! The game devs will have to modify the cockpit camera. Probably add another camera to allow stereoscopic viewing one for each eye. All those changes would have to be done for each mech and 3rd person view. So I doubt it will be truly Oculus compatible.

Edited by MAX3D2, 01 September 2014 - 08:48 AM.

#32 Daddy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

Any chance of support dev's?

#33 Daddy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:24 PM

[color=#959595]
The fact that they have access to such a developed game and refuse to even state why they have not added support into the game for over 2 years in just bad marketing. @mwodevs You need to add this feature to the game and bring in the high-end crowd. The people that own VR setups have cash to burn due to the expense and would scoop up the mech packs with their flammable income with very little marketing on your end you could make a killing. This is an untapped market missing a killer title. MWO can be the title that brings VR into the mainstream!!!!!
[/color]

[color=#959595]
[/color]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users