- - - - -

Old Engines Go Where?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Cuhal

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

Ok I have one question. I have read a few times never sell an engine. Which makes perfect sense, but where do you store the old engine when you want to upgrade?

Thanks
Cuhal

#2 Kalam Mehkar

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

On the front lawn, propped up on cinder blocks and covered with some old bed sheets. Where else would you put an old engine?

#3 Phlinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 595 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

To the Top Gear warehouse to be made into coffee tables.

On serious note, it all depends on what engine it is. XL? Save it, NEVER sell an XL that you spent a lot of C-Bills on. other engines? Well, I save the normal ones, 225, 260, 280, 300 all standard, anythign else and after perusing the mechlabs to decide if I will ever use it, I sell it, but only after much second guessing. Who knows, one day you may be trodding over the caldera and decide, 'Holy ****' if I used a STD engine with 'insert build' that would be a bunch of fun.

C-Bills come with time in this game, that's it, time is the only factor. There are many variables, like wins/loss/damage/kills/component destruction, but it all comes down to time.

Hold onto it for a bit, if after a few days/weeks you decide you will never use it again, sell it, but while it's sitting in your Mechlab, all it does is collect dust and takes up no space.

Edited by Ronyn, 22 October 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#4 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Humour aside, they just go into your inventory when you swap them out. You don't lose them until you sell them.

#5 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

The only engines I've ever sold were the STD 300s that came with my Dragons. I immediately upgraded them all to XLs. The STD 300 is so common I still have 3 unused in my inventory.

#6 Kazly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

Cuhal,

Your items that you remove from a mech, but don't sell, move to your inventory.

When you equip a weapon/ammo/engine with a quantity of 0, you'll pay the CBills.

If you equip a weapon/ammo/engine and there's a quantity greater than 0, it's free.

Other than that overly complex answer, I am having trouble understanding what you're asking.

#7 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

They go into your inventory. When you are working on the next mech you will see that you have 1 already (same for weapons and ammo).

#8 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:25 AM

View PostCuhal, on 22 October 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:

Ok I have one question. I have read a few times never sell an engine. Which makes perfect sense, but where do you store the old engine when you want to upgrade?

Thanks
Cuhal

They just go back in inventory, the same place where you buy new ones. You have to drag the old one out before you can put the new one in.

It is perfectly ok to sell engines. As long as you are sure you won't need them again. Otherwise it will be an expensive mistake. I have not regretted selling any of mine.

#9 Cuhal

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

OK thanks all and yes makes sense now
lol the front lawn I thought that was for used toliets

#10 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

View PostCuhal, on 22 October 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

OK thanks all and yes makes sense now
lol the front lawn I thought that was for used toliets

Why not both?

I mean, here in rural Missouri, your front lawn doubles for many things. B)

#11 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

I mount them in the side torsos. What's faster than a cent with a 275 std? A cent with 3 standard 200s!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users