209 replies to this topic

#201 Devillin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 140 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTharkad, Standing Next to the Throne.

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:27 AM

View PostOdanan, on 14 November 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

Now you found the "balance", let's talk about Target Computer, Clan Double Heat Sinks, Clan XL Engines, Clan Endo Steel and Clan Ferro Fibrous. If you geniuses have a solution for the last 3 ones, without changing the critical size and weight (so you do not break the existing Clan mech builds), I won't argue anymore against your indisputable "nerf the Clans" truth.

Wow, can't believe I am posting this again:
http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

I propose that you have fixed variants of the omnimechs for leveling purposes. Basically, have three hardwired variants of each omnimech. One variant would be the stock chassis with the original engine, internal structure, armor, and electronics hardwired to the frame. Call it the B[ase] variant. The second variant would have the original engine, internal structure, and electronics, but have maximized armor (probably without ferro-fibrous to save space for larger weapons). We'll call it the A[ssault] variant. The last variant would have the original internal structure, electronics, and armor, but have the largest engine possible, maximizing its speed. We'll call this variant the C[hase] variant.

#202 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:46 AM

I like your idea, but Omnimechs have already the A, B, C configurations (Omnimechs don't have proper variants)... and these configs don't follow exactly a logic.

Restricting some thing s the Omnimechs would probably be interesting, but they are supposed to be better than the non-omnimechs... Considering the IS mechs are currently very flexible, what is the best approach for the Omni tech?

(I know this is not a discussion about the CLan weapons itself, but it is something equally important)

PS: 10 vs. 12 is not enough balance, unless you also give IS total weight advantage.

#203 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:37 AM

View PostOdanan, on 17 November 2013 - 06:46 AM, said:

PS: 10 vs. 12 is not enough balance, unless you also give IS total weight advantage.

Sure, i would give IS a tonnage advantage reflecting the bidding process, say 700 vs 780.

#204 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostDevillin, on 17 November 2013 - 03:27 AM, said:

Wow, can't believe I am posting this again:
http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

I propose that you have fixed variants of the omnimechs for leveling purposes. Basically, have three hardwired variants of each omnimech. One variant would be the stock chassis with the original engine, internal structure, armor, and electronics hardwired to the frame. Call it the B[ase] variant. The second variant would have the original engine, internal structure, and electronics, but have maximized armor (probably without ferro-fibrous to save space for larger weapons). We'll call it the A[ssault] variant. The last variant would have the original internal structure, electronics, and armor, but have the largest engine possible, maximizing its speed. We'll call this variant the C[hase] variant.

what about mechs that already have max armor or engine?

#205 Devillin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

View Postdal10, on 17 November 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

what about mechs that already have max armor or engine?

Are there any Clan omnimechs that have max armor? It had always been my experience that most of them are short a ton or two from the maximum.

#206 Devillin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

Restricting some thing s the Omnimechs would probably be interesting, but they are supposed to be better than the non-omnimechs... Considering the IS mechs are currently very flexible, what is the best approach for the Omni tech?

Omnimechs have the best configuration flexibility possible. While their basic equipment is hardwired to the frame (xl engine, endo, armor, maximum internal DHS), they have the option to mount their weapons anywhere, and in any configuration anywhere on the mech. Just as an example, imagine if the Atlas DDC was an omni. No longer would you lose all of your autocannons, or all of your missiles if someone takes out one of your side torsos. Put an autocannon in each arm, or a missile launcher in each arm. Or best thing? Put a laser in the center torso or the head of any omnimech so that when you lose your arms or torso, you don't lose your ability to fight. Or if you want to be really nasty, put some lasers on your legs to help with those light mechs. :-P

Edited by Devillin, 17 November 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#207 Devillin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 17 November 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

Sure, i would give IS a tonnage advantage reflecting the bidding process, say 700 vs 780.

I'd say keep the tonnage the same. You are already short 2 mechs, or roughly 160 tons. There are other ways to enforce zellbriggen, like that targeting lock fudge listed before.

#208 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostDevillin, on 17 November 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

Are there any Clan omnimechs that have max armor? It had always been my experience that most of them are short a ton or two from the maximum.

Most of them - only some more iconic mechs didn't have max armor (Hellbringer, Summoner, Mad Dog, Executioner)

View PostDevillin, on 17 November 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

I'd say keep the tonnage the same. You are already short 2 mechs, or roughly 160 tons. There are other ways to enforce zellbriggen, like that targeting lock fudge listed before.

Hard to say giving a TT equotation = IS intro level vs Clan = half the stats of the IS Mechs, so 780tons and 12 Mechs vs 6 Mechs and 390tons.

#209 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:51 AM

View PostDevillin, on 17 November 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

Omnimechs have the best configuration flexibility possible. While their basic equipment is hardwired to the frame (xl engine, endo, armor, maximum internal DHS), they have the option to mount their weapons anywhere, and in any configuration anywhere on the mech. Just as an example, imagine if the Atlas DDC was an omni. No longer would you lose all of your autocannons, or all of your missiles if someone takes out one of your side torsos. Put an autocannon in each arm, or a missile launcher in each arm. Or best thing? Put a laser in the center torso or the head of any omnimech so that when you lose your arms or torso, you don't lose your ability to fight. Or if you want to be really nasty, put some lasers on your legs to help with those light mechs. :-P

No, that's not how the omnimechs work.

View PostDevillin, on 17 November 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

2 mechs less means nothing for a team of much better mechs,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users