[Suggestion] - 1 Time Founders / Phoenix Bonus Transfer

12 replies to this topic

Poll: Portable Founders / Phoenix Bonus (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Should PGI allow a 1-time transfer of any package bonus.

1. Yes - PGI loses nothing and we benefit from netting bonus from our most productive mechs. (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. No - PGI gains nothing from this and mitigates the actual intrinsic value of the packages (5 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

3. I'm neither a Founder or a Phoenix and I would rather see you guys get pink-eye than receive any special dispensation. (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

Alright, I admit it... I purchased the Founders package not for early access nor the unique Founders mech. I purchased it for the life-time per-match c-bill boost.

Sight unseen, I chose the Atlas as I presumed this would be the premier c-bill grinder... Sadly, after almost 1.5 years of gameplay I've resigned to the reality that I'm not an Assault pilot. (Read I'm next to worthless in an assault mech)

PGI got their money... I got my Founders package and all it entailed. So no complaints... That said, I have a big pink elephant in my mech bay that I cannot pilot, cannot sell and and as such, I cannot take advantage of the per-match c-bill boost.

Yeah, I know... "Suck it it up buttercup". Some folks would kill for your (F)Atlas.

The reality is, I'm a fast heavy pilot, a pretty good one at that... Founders Boost or not, I net more kills and wins on my Phract that I do in my (F)Atlas any day and twice as much on Tuesdays. I just cannot pilot assaults and there is no way around it...

All said, It would be really nice to have a one-time option to transfer ones Founders bonus to another mech... I'd even gladly pay more to be able to do so.

I cannot rationalize any downside for PGI to make this allowance... I'm not asking for anything I don't already have... I just want to be able to apply it to a mech I can actually make use of it and benefit from.

Yeah, I know... unlikely. That said, I'd be remiss if I don't voice my position on the subject.

Edited by DaZur, 24 October 2013 - 06:04 AM.

#2 FinsT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 241 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

DaZur,

I am not sure if cases like yours - are any common (ir should i say, if such cases are too rare). I think that such a feature for everyone to be able to use - might be abused, too. Sure, it'd be good to have it for all founders, true. But i doubt PGI should allow it.

I'd rather try to contact suppot personally with a good explanation of your situation (and your post here is one good explanation of it), and hope that they would help to transfer the bonus, one-time only, to another mech.

#3 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

View PostFinsT, on 24 October 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

DaZur,

I am not sure if cases like yours - are any common (ir should i say, if such cases are too rare). I think that such a feature for everyone to be able to use - might be abused, too. Sure, it'd be good to have it for all founders, true. But i doubt PGI should allow it.

I'd rather try to contact suppot personally with a good explanation of your situation (and your post here is one good explanation of it), and hope that they would help to transfer the bonus, one-time only, to another mech.

About a year ago I contacted support, pleaded my case and actually asked to transfer my Founders to my son, who would benefit from it more than I...

Sadly their position at the time was there was some sort of limitation within UI 1.5 that they could not accommodate the request.

Hopefully with 2.0 they've given some thought package management.

#4 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:25 AM

first off,if it was possible i'd buy your Atlas(F) so you could get another mech. I have been wanting that mech for a long time. I missed out on the founders package. anyway, probably many peeps who have run into the same problem they just can't use certain mechs for a lot of reasons. hope you find a solution to your problem.

#5 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

Can I vote for you all to get pink-eye even if I *am* a Founder? :)

That aside, eh, it would be a bit unfair to some of us that have insane amounts banked on one variant. I have like 50k+ XP on my Ilya which will never get used unless I convert to GXP and I'm not likely to do that soon.

If they did this, there would need to be a reasonable cap on how much XP could be converted / transferred.

I'd be happy with more frequent GXP Conversion "sales" :lol:

#6 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostKraven Kor, on 24 October 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

Can I vote for you all to get pink-eye even if I *am* a Founder? :)

That aside, eh, it would be a bit unfair to some of us that have insane amounts banked on one variant. I have like 50k+ XP on my Ilya which will never get used unless I convert to GXP and I'm not likely to do that soon.

If they did this, there would need to be a reasonable cap on how much XP could be converted / transferred.

I'd be happy with more frequent GXP Conversion "sales" :unsure:

I've had far more disparaging pox cast upon me... so do your worst! :lol:

I think you misunderstand a bit... I'm not looking to move any accrued bonus from one mech to another... I'm looking to actually move the per-match bonus perk from the (F)atlas to one of my more viable mechs... i.e. my Phract -3D.

#7 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

I like the premise but as already stated I don't know that this would be a mechanic that should be coded into the game. Support, ask politely, be hopeful that they can work something out. With that aside I've said several times that, since we are pilots, it would be nice to have the ability to pay MC and have the option to "heroize" a single mech in our hangars. This would imply that we, as pilots, are making our own names and infamy within the inner sphere as opposed to just living vicariously through the escapades of pilots in the lore.

#8 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostSandpit, on 24 October 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

I like the premise but as already stated I don't know that this would be a mechanic that should be coded into the game. Support, ask politely, be hopeful that they can work something out. With that aside I've said several times that, since we are pilots, it would be nice to have the ability to pay MC and have the option to "heroize" a single mech in our hangars. This would imply that we, as pilots, are making our own names and infamy within the inner sphere as opposed to just living vicariously through the escapades of pilots in the lore.

I like the premise!...

In fact I AM already a hero in my mind! :lol:

:)

#9 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

What would be a reasonable cost to move the 25% C-Bill Bonus from your AS7-D to your CTF-3D? $20?

#10 Ens

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

just no.

we got exactly what we paid for and it was good and a nice little boost to come up with.
i don´t play my founders very often now... but i made a nice amount of cbills with them.

so buy something else...or afford to buy a hero mech that suits your playstyle

#11 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostEns, on 24 October 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

just no.

we got exactly what we paid for and it was good and a nice little boost to come up with.
i don´t play my founders very often now... but i made a nice amount of cbills with them.

so buy something else...or afford to buy a hero mech that suits your playstyle

You're missing the point entirely..... I understand completely where you're coming from but this idea behind his post is not "I don't want to spend money and deserve something"

#12 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

I would say no to this honestly since it would tend to hurt sales of hero mechs. An Ilya Muromets is a very capable hero heavy mech with a greater cbill boost than founders. Buy one and you won't have an issue any more ;)

After Phoenix I now have 35 freaking mechs ... more than I probably ever want to play. Only the four founders and four phoenix variants have a bonus. I have mastered Jenners, Hunchbacks, Catapults, Cicada, Raven, Spider, Stalkers and Jagermechs. Just like you I could not get into playing my Atlas ... somehow the Stalker fit my playstyle better.

However, I got what I paid for with these packages and I was satisfied with that. If PGI decides to offer a bonus for supporting the game then I am in favour but I think transferring the cbill bonus between mechs would be over the top.

#13 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostNgamok, on 24 October 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

What would be a reasonable cost to move the 25% C-Bill Bonus from your AS7-D to your CTF-3D? $20?

$20 would be more than reasonable... I'd be willing to re-invigorate the bonus with up to $30. ;)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users