• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

It is in human nature to complain, but this is not so much about n00bs complaining as it is important form a design perspective. Poptarting has no counter-strategy. And doesn't really add any depth to the game, it just forces people who want to win to play a mech with JJs. Because in a mech with no JJs you are at a big disadvantage compared to one that has them.

See this is where most make their mistakes. They take anecdotal evidence and opinion and try to state it as fact. It does have counter-strategies, I've named several in my posts, if you choose no to use them that's a play's fault. I win all the time without using mechs equipped with JJ's.

As for last statement....

Uhm... of course mechs wth JJs have a advantage over mechs without them. That's kind of the point of having them. You trade off the weight and crit slots to have that extra mobility. I'm not sure what your point was on this one.

The bottom line is you simple can't nerf and remove everything in the game just because "it's hard for me to beat other players using this". There are plenty of counter-strategies and tactics to use as well as weapon systems that counter this. If a player chooses not to employ those or understand that, that doesn't mean anything is "broken" other than that player's ability to adapt and strategize. I'm just very tired listening to players complain and whine about why they're losing.

We can't even just group up and casually play with friends if you more than 3 and less than 11 because players whined and moaned that they were losing because premades were op. Then it was LRMs, Then it was ECM, then is was SSRMs. Then it was Spiders, now it's poptarting.

If you keep watering this game down to the lowest common denominator then you have just that, a watered down very bland game. No strategy other than put a mech together and stomp out in the open and shoot other mechs. I remember a time when this was announced as a thinking man's shooter.

Read the forums as a whole some time. Look at it objectively. Take a look at all of the "broken" "remove" "fix" "change" threads. Don't look at them individually, look at them in totality. Take ever suggestion regardless of your personal opinion on it and make a list and look at what they game would be like if every time someone jumped on the forum to rant and rage about how something needed to be changed, it was. Look at alllllllllllllllllllllll of those complaints as a while instead of one individual idea. Do that without any bias as to the subject matter and then come tell me that these types of "ideas" such as this thread are good ones.

#303 Kh0rn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

Its pretty clear that JJ are not how they are suppose too function. Instead of a long drawn out thrust into the air it suppose too be a burst up or in what ever direction your mech was facing since the JJ are on the back of the mech, second apon touch down the mech would take 1 -2 stall before being able too move, 3rd the heat generated by the JJ would be in the region of 30-40 % heat and lastley the recharge time would take any where between 2-3 before the JJ would start too regen. As for foward thrust if you were running foward say at the speed a HGN moves 60 odd something if the JJ was fired at that speed the mech should leap foward 120 as it describes in BT not like 3 meters. And the last thing is if a 90 ton mech should jump its full 110 straight up with no thrust too use while coming too land it should damage the leg actuators big time. So if I round it up JJ should be used for a mobility advantage while poptarting has its place in MWO if the JJ were done correctly it would make it both a harder tactic but more skill full. If you want a good example play Mechwarrior living legends and use the jump jets thats exactly how it is suppose too function.

BT lore fact - Only 8 pilots were capable of firing while jetting with good accuracy

A few fixes MWLL team used too adress JJ poptarting.
  • Mech HUD shake on ascent - Reduced the amount of time the pilot has to locate and fire at a target to the descending arc of a jump
  • Slower Jump Jet energy recharge - Increased delay before JJ energy starts to recharge. This reduces the frequency the pilot may poptart.
  • Jump Jets produce more heat - Another balance change to reduce the effectiveness of Alpha strike poptarters.

#304 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

Why are we necro-ing 5-month old threads?

Edited by Ghost Badger, 04 March 2014 - 08:35 AM.

#305 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:37 AM

Some kind of Anniversary? <_<

#306 Ens