Srm2

31 replies to this topic

#21 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

I'll point out that the vaunted and feared "splat-" or "flack-" cat was only a problem because people used to have to get in close because of hit detection issues and the infamous "lag shield" we had prior to HSR. Post HSR the lag shield is significantly reduced and people can fight from outside the SRM's 270m range. If SRM were restored to their former pre-damage nerf, pre- ghost heat nerf, pre- hit detection issue nerf they'd still be fairly balanced

Today, they're mostly {Scrap} and the SRM2 being the smallest of the three is the largest ****.

#22 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostFupDup, on 25 October 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

unfortunately, a single AMS reduces chain fired SRM2s and SSRM2s to 0 damage.

#23 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostFate 6, on 25 October 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

Yeah, but I wonder... Attack Cat DAMMIT now I have to try it

Edited by focuspark, 25 October 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#24 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

SRM recycle times used to be:
SRM6: 4.00 sec
SRM4: 3.75 sec
SRM2: 3.50 sec

A while ago they were changed to:
SRM6: 4.00 sec
SRM4: 3.25 sec
SRM2: 2.50 sec

I think SRM2's fire fast enough as they are. They actually combo very well with AC10 and LBX10 having the same 2.5 recycle. If SRM2's still need a buff, best lower their heat value. And make Artemis weight a different amount depending on how large a launcher you use it on. If Artemis was only 0.5 tons for SRM2, one might actually use it.

#25 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

View Postaniviron, on 25 October 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

You wouldn't, though, not for more than a couple days post-patch anyway. SSRM2 would still be more effective, given that it doesn't miss, and actually hits out to 270m, and does more damage. You'd essentially have a splatcat (which you don't see anymore because they're bad) but with the added disadvantages of being unable to hit and run, and actually spreading damage even more than the srm6, which is admittedly an impressive feat.

SRM2 are much more concentrated than SRM6, not less. They'd be easy to aim, because you could walk them in like a AC. And all the Hodors would be completely helpless from the impulse and smoke. It would be like the macroed AC2 spam, but sustainable, and on a much faster mech (I was referring to the comment about making them 1.0s CD). The only thing stopping it from seeing heavy use would be that ghost heat is not only stupid, but actually broken, and would kick in even though the supposed mechanics say it shouldn't.

View PostFate 6, on 25 October 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

No, it doesn't. Most SRM shots are from too close for AMS to even kick in. Even if it did, the comment was about the rsults of lowering them to 1s cooldown, and 12 missiles per second, fired from close range, is well beyond it's abilities.

#26 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 25 October 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

SRM2 are much more concentrated than SRM6, not less. They'd be easy to aim, because you could walk them in like a AC. And all the Hodors would be completely helpless from the impulse and smoke. It would be like the macroed AC2 spam, but sustainable, and on a much faster mech (I was referring to the comment about making them 1.0s CD). The only thing stopping it from seeing heavy use would be that ghost heat is not only stupid, but actually broken, and would kick in even though the supposed mechanics say it shouldn't.

While a single volley would indeed have tighter spread than 6xsrm6, it would take three volleys to equal that amount of damage, which is plenty of extra time for your target to torso twist or just change heading to avoid the next volley of missiles. SRM2 also just got a massive impulse reduction; screen shake isn't that bad anymore, and it generates nowhere near the smoke of an AC2 hit.

#27 Detrimus

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

Honestly, the one change I'd like to see more than anything is a speed increase. I definitely feel their travel time is a wee bit slow and a buff to this could help them out tremendously.

#28 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

With Streaks at 2.5 damage, SRMs really need parity here.

View PostDetrimus, on 25 October 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

Honestly, the one change I'd like to see more than anything is a speed increase. I definitely feel their travel time is a wee bit slow and a buff to this could help them out tremendously.

Unfortunately you can't do that without totally messing up AMS. Believe it or not, but AMS works against dummy SRMs.

#29 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostJman5, on 26 October 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

With Streaks at 2.5 damage, SRMs really need parity here.

Unfortunately you can't do that without totally messing up AMS. Believe it or not, but AMS works against dummy SRMs.

Good. Given all of SRM's weaknesses they could use the boost of ignoring AMS more.

View Postfocuspark, on 25 October 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

Yeah, but I wonder... Attack Cat DAMMIT now I have to try it

This did, actually, exceptionally well. Took me until half way through the match to get close enough to anyone to be of use, but once I did I was able to net 4 kills + 5 assists without dying. 2 kills were lights (RVN & SPD) while the other 2 were assaults (AWS & AS7).

Puts out a staggering amount of damage but you NEED to leg hump to make it effective. Anything over 50m and the missile spread is too much and they start passing right through the targets, making them nearly useless.

#30 Murphy7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostScreech, on 24 October 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

They need to stop shooting out like bottle rockets for the first 25m or so, the concept of a random flight pattern on each shot needs to be exorcised from the collective of the devs.

Too much anime, I think.

#31 Cest7

• Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

If they added SRM tracking with Narc or Tag, SRM 2 would be more viable

#32 AC

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostJagdFlanker, on 24 October 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

was thinking - to make SRM2s usable they should go the AC2 route and halve the cooldown time to 1.25sec so you can fire them faster. can't hurt since they'r the furthest thing from pinpoint weapons so you'l be lucky to get 1 missile to hit where you'r aiming, they arguably might not be really worth getting artemis for, and 50 shots/ton ammo isn't a lot if you boat them

SRM's should have longer cool downs the larger they are to simulate having to load more missiles from the ammo bins. Same for LRM's. Also, they need a damage boost to that of SSRM's. They use the same warhead, so the damage difference makes no sense.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users