#41 Cattra Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

View PostCake Bandit, on 15 November 2011 - 02:18 PM, said:

Your sig image links to an imageshack page. Any way I can get you to reroute that to your podcast page? Then everyone who bothers to click your sig will end up at the right place.

I'll let him know.
The link is on page one but also in my signature but thanks for the heads up!

#42 Hangfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 204 posts
  • LocationToon of honest men and bonnie lassies

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

Cool,, enjoying these

#43 Amechwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 729 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

I do not use facebook so I will just have to post here. I like the idea of differing models of the same weapon and the ability to acquire "Legendary" variants like the Widow-maker. The 'mech heritage idea at the end is also great. These concepts shift away from the disposable chassis of previous games and lets the player build a relationship with the machine, MW games need more of that kind of idea.

We know nothing about MWOs gameplay, but you could discuss what previous PC installments left out or failed to implement that could be achieved with today's technology. Things like falling over was more frequent, damaged engine and gyro effects, flipping arms and so on. "What are some of the kinds of mechanics or strategies from the table-top combat rules that have gone missing in MW gameplay?"

#44 phelanjkell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

View PostAmechwarrior, on 15 November 2011 - 03:33 PM, said:

I do not use facebook so I will just have to post here. I like the idea of differing models of the same weapon and the ability to acquire "Legendary" variants like the Widow-maker. The 'mech heritage idea at the end is also great. These concepts shift away from the disposable chassis of previous games and lets the player build a relationship with the machine, MW games need more of that kind of idea.

We know nothing about MWOs gameplay, but you could discuss what previous PC installments left out or failed to implement that could be achieved with today's technology. Things like falling over was more frequent, damaged engine and gyro effects, flipping arms and so on. "What are some of the kinds of mechanics or strategies from the table-top combat rules that have gone missing in MW gameplay?"

Notes being taken!! Keep them coming gents! Hope you are enjoying Podcast #2!!

#45 phelanjkell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

Our editor says he will have Podcast #3 ready to go within the next day or so, will update asap!!

#46 CG Anastasius Focht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

Been listening, great show, great ideas.
Keep em coming

#47 VYCanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

i love the heritage idea, love the hell out of it

#48 SteelRat

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:47 AM

Quite enjoyable guys and some great ideas.

Looking forward to #3.

#49 MausGMR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:10 AM

Loling at you guys hating on us for being CSJ atm, hahahaha. That's who we are, deal with it.

But in reality, we will more than likely use an alternative nickname when playing as an IS mercenary group because that, you know, makes sense.

Anyway, good talks guys, will enjoy episode 3 =P

#50 phelanjkell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:44 AM

View PostVYCanis, on 15 November 2011 - 09:12 PM, said:

i love the heritage idea, love the hell out of it

Yeah it was an idea that just popped into my head during the recording, and it would really add allot. Just depends on the mechanics of the battlemechs and if they can go from one player to another.

View PostMausGMR, on 16 November 2011 - 03:10 AM, said:

Loling at you guys hating on us for being CSJ atm, hahahaha. That's who we are, deal with it.

But in reality, we will more than likely use an alternative nickname when playing as an IS mercenary group because that, you know, makes sense.

Anyway, good talks guys, will enjoy episode 3 =P

Maus, gotta give you guys some love some how?! But yeah, even my Clan, Wolf in Exile, will be doing its own thing for RP reasons as an IS Merc unit. Glad your enjoying it, #3 coming soon!!

#51 phelanjkell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:29 AM

At work at the moment, but we will be posting Podcast #3 possibly tonight. Our editor, Alex G. *we will be adding him on our crew*, has been working hard to get PC #2 up and now 3.

From here on out we will be doing a Podcast per week, but we may throw in special news breaks.

Please let us know what you think so far, comment on Facebook or here. So if you are not a FB user please use these forums for giving us feedback. You also have direct connection to myself via email. We have already started taking notes on some of the feedback for next weeks PC.

Edited by phelanjkell, 16 November 2011 - 04:44 PM.

#52 Amechwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 729 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:34 PM

View Postphelanjkell, on 16 November 2011 - 10:29 AM, said:

From here on our we will be doing a Podcast per week, but we may throw in special news breaks.

What day of the week are you shooting for? We know the developers will be giving us new info every Wednesday, you can plan around that. But of course personal schedules will be most important.

#53 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

View PostAmechwarrior, on 16 November 2011 - 04:34 PM, said:

What day of the week are you shooting for? We know the developers will be giving us new info every Wednesday, you can plan around that. But of course personal schedules will be most important.

Right now we just recorded #3 on Monday so the next cast is "scheduled" for next Monday (Nov 21, 2011). We have discussed and talked about how Wednesday may turn out to be the better time but we are still unsure as of this very moment. What I can tell you though is that the community Q&A is enough to fill most of a show, plus a few special treats hopefully!

ALSO; Episode 3 is completed and we are just making the final touches to the site before it goes live, which unless something goes horribly wrong, will be tonight.

Edited by cattra kell, 16 November 2011 - 04:45 PM.

#54 phelanjkell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

Podcast #3 live!

#55 CozmikR5

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationYour six (IRL Montreal Qc)

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:46 PM

Bookmarked and will be following as of right now!

#56 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

Remember to leave you feedback and questions either on this forum OR on our Facebook wall! We love hearing from you guys and your questions or even discussion points will be considered (and I think we got one lined up from this forum already) for the next episode.

Stay tuned!

#57 CG Anastasius Focht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:27 PM

These guys really know the BT history and lore, what i wouldnt give to sit down in a pub over a few beers and chew the BT fat with these guys.
The podcast is BT enthusiasm incarnate.

#58 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:05 PM

View Post[CG]Anastasius Focht, on 16 November 2011 - 07:27 PM, said:

These guys really know the BT history and lore, what i wouldnt give to sit down in a pub over a few beers and chew the BT fat with these guys.
The podcast is BT enthusiasm incarnate.

Glad you are enjoying the cast so far A. Focht. I also want to say thank you on behalf of the team for your kind words regarding how we are handling this so far, we are truly trying to discuss all things Battletech, how things will affect Mechwarrior: Online, and in general just nerd-out and have a good time.
I also think that If there ever was a Battletech event and all of us were in one place, then I think a pub run would be in order.

Edited by cattra kell, 16 November 2011 - 08:09 PM.

#59 MausGMR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:15 AM

So PK, considering how much you guys love to talk about people using canon names for themselves in the game, whats your new nickname gonna be in game then buddy on release? :)

Anyway #3 good podcast guys, keep up the good work.

#60 phelanjkell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:49 AM

View PostMausGMR, on 17 November 2011 - 04:15 AM, said:

So PK, considering how much you guys love to talk about people using canon names for themselves in the game, whats your new nickname gonna be in game then buddy on release? :)

Anyway #3 good podcast guys, keep up the good work.

Maus, haha, touche is needed?! Actually we, as far as Clan Wolf in Exile, have already started talking about ideas. Due to the nature it seems MW:O being Inner Sphere Merc units, I would like to RP and enjoy it to its fullest. We did some MegaMek matches this past summer, one of our guys was the game master and had us create Mechwarriors from the RPG ruleset etc. I did not use PJK due to the chance of the pilot being actually killed, so we came up with a little naming system. Your middle name + the last four/six letters of your last name.

This ended in the name: Sean Lang Now I do not know if that is what I will settle on, but I am not going to be using this alias for this game.

Thank you all for the responses, keep them coming and let us know what you want covered in the Podcasts to come!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users