Shadowhawk Build In Its Tabletop Role(!)

2 replies to this topic

#1 Krujiente

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e84f88b2edba5de

So the Shadowhawk is a great mech and fits well with people stuffing ACs and PPCs all over it, but I wanted something different. I took my old Victor engine and slammed it in there giving it 110 KPH, why? So it could be a lance leader for lights. Now this doesn't mean I'm ordering them around, it means I am providing a heavier platform to carry enough guns and thick armor if they got caught in a bind with heavier mechs. To this end I jammed 3 SRM4s on it and cranked up the armor from stock and then left the AC and laser. This mech is great for running behind the wolves, able to keep up with jumpjetting and juuust enough speed to not be too far behind. The srms while terrible versus lights(usually) are great for softening armor on anything going under 100. This punch is backed up by the DPS of the AC5 which can also poke at range when necessary. The laser's just a backup providing a boost to DPS and for when ammo runs lows along with having an arm mounted weapon for tight quarters brawls. While not 100% minmaxed its a great, closer-to-stock Shadowhawk that is great at backing up lights who need a bit more punch in a pinch.

Also mine looks like Char's Zaku:
Posted Image

Edited by Krujiente, 26 January 2014 - 11:20 AM.

#2 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

Looks like fun :-).

Although if you're not set on the phoenix (+30%) variant, I like this for my fast shadowhawk:

While it doesn't resemble the TT Shadowhawk much at all (it's more of a Phoenix hawk, really :-p) this is also a build with a similar role:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9edb5697a988a32

2 ER LL
3 SSRM2
BAP
340XL

So same speed, really good against lights, but performs that recon roll with oomph (2 ER LL for harassing and staying at range. The ER LL also mean that if your light mechs get 500 meters in front of you, you can support them until you get closer.

I've had a lot of fun and success with it.

Edited by DanNashe, 26 January 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#3 Krujiente

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

I've never had much luck with ERLLs, I like lasers for close in and dealing with lights, but beyond that the ranges that ERLL make dealing with the burn time difficult. I usually use PPCs or ACs for longer ranges. That said, That does seem to be quite the light killer with some more versatility. I tell you hwat though, when a 5 streak kint flies over the hill towards his own base to chase off the lights on it with glee and finds me there, they tend to start sweating while I pummel their armor with SRMs and AC fire while absorbing the streaks into my useless left arm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users