• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

My W/L ratio in my TDR-9SE is .17.

Let me say that again...

That is God awful. My average W/L ratio? 1.54 (This used to be 1.9 just a month ago...but thanks to matchmaker it's now going downhill, FAST). With the TDR-9SE, I usually pull about 250 - 300 damage in the matches I play. Is that great? Maybe not. But I feel like I'm pulling my own weight considering I don't have any ballistics to over-inflate the damage done. Yet I've only gotten 1 kill in this thing and have only won a single match.

I dunno what to do. I love JJ's and I do OK in my Tbolt (P), so this Tbolt variant should be perfect for me...But it's not. Maybe it's cursed with the ghost of a PGI intern or something? Who knows.

Do any of you have a mech that is "cursed" in a similar way?

#2 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

My god... it is cursed!

In an interesting side-note, my Shadowhawks? ALSO CURSED!

Oh, I did manage to exorcize one of my SH's - dual PPC build. Curse uh-brohoken!

#3 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

All my lights.

#4 Steelgrave

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 239 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

Rummage through the cockpit and look for hex bags.

#5 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

Ignor W/L ratio, it in no way reflects a persons skill in any way shape or form. Wins or Losses are the result of the team as a whole. You could be the most godlike player on earth and still loose becouse the rest of the team just doesnt work well together.
Infact most if not all stats currently available are affect alot by the team, so i wouldnt worry to much about them.

Accuracy and maybe K/D are a better way to measure urself buteven then, accuracy can be affected by supressive fire and K/D can be affected by battles that are just complete stomp overs.

Edited by ArmageddonKnight, 25 October 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#6 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

It's not you or the mech. MM has been dishing out really messed up and unbalanced matches lately.

#7 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

A cursed mech?

Posted Image

#8 Lupus Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 509 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

Actually, i ground the efficiencies for the -9SE and have not touched it since, best thing that worked for me was 2 ERLL, 2 LL and AMS / JJs. But also may be the ELO system, alot of people going up and down like yo-yos as they figure out fits on Pheonix package and grinding efficiencies.

#9 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

View PostBilbo, on 25 October 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

All my lights.

Everyone's Trebuchet.

#10 ShotgunWillie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

Strangely enough, my TDR-5S(P) has a W/L of 0.00 and a KDR of 0.00. Granted, I've only played one match with it, so that's hardly fair.

Of mechs that I actually have time in the cockpit on, I'd have to say it's my CTF-4X. W/L ratio of 0.52 and a KDR of 0.19. Does that qualify as cursed?

View PostSteelgrave, on 25 October 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

I misread that as "hax bags".

Edited by ShotgunWillie, 25 October 2013 - 11:27 AM.

#11 bloodnor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Locationwarrington Cheshire UK

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostSteelgrave, on 25 October 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

been watching to much supernatural

#12 Vodrin Thales

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 869 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

View PostBagheera, on 25 October 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

Everyone's Trebuchet.

My 7M has a very strong W/L ratio thank you. But it's a specific build used for one specific 12 man pre-made drop deck.

#13 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

View PostVodrin Thales, on 25 October 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

My 7M has a very strong W/L ratio thank you. But it's a specific build used for one specific 12 man pre-made drop deck.

You can also throw, "and is driven by a high-skilled player" onto that qualification. ^_^

I mastered Trebs (5J, 7K, 3C) all in the PUG queue. They are, hands down, the worst medium chassis (not worst single variant though) and possibly the most disappointing chassis in the game.

Some players can make certain bad mechs good. I have great games in my 4G, but that doesn't make it a good chassis. :)

I'm not sure anyone can make the TBT-5N good though.

Edited by Bagheera, 25 October 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#14 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

My Lolcust 3S seems to get horrendously terribad games nearly every single match. I can actually survive for quite a while if not the whole match in the 1V and 3M, but as soon as I strap in to the 3S I inexplicably asplode constantly despite having the same attack range and overall behavior.

#15 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

My Lo(L)custs, but I figure that's obvious.

#16 DoktorVivi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

My old Victor, before I sold the thing. Just could not get it to do anything worthwhile. Thankfully my Battlemaster is making up for it.

#17 Fuggles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 518 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

LOCUST LCT-1V 54 20 31 0.65 41 36 1.14 8,229
LOCUST LCT-3M 76 34 41 0.83 45 56 0.80 15,651
LOCUST LCT-3S 36 25 10 2.50 14 19 0.74 5,396

the 3S is not a good mech, its the worst of the 3 yet apparently im so good in it that im turning the tides of battles to a 2.5/1 ratio were in the other 2 im tanking the game hard. In fact, its so good that is THE BEST MECH i own with a higher W/L than any other mech ive played more than a couple games in, even better than my atlas DDC.

or, random is just plain old random :)

Edited by Fuggles, 25 October 2013 - 02:16 PM.

#18 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

To be fair, if you have a .17 Win/Loss ratio, and you have only won 1 match, it means you have only played 6 matches total. And while a 5 match losing streak sucks it isn't statistically significant.

A lot of is going to have to do with how good you are with other heavy mechs (ie you Elo). Whenever you start with a new 0 piloting skill chassis, especially one that isn't "competitive", you are going to be in for a rough time.

#19 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostShadowVFX, on 25 October 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

My W/L ratio in my TDR-9SE is .17.

Let me say that again...

That is God awful. My average W/L ratio? 1.54 (This used to be 1.9 just a month ago...but thanks to matchmaker it's now going downhill, FAST). With the TDR-9SE, I usually pull about 250 - 300 damage in the matches I play. Is that great? Maybe not. But I feel like I'm pulling my own weight considering I don't have any ballistics to over-inflate the damage done. Yet I've only gotten 1 kill in this thing and have only won a single match.

I dunno what to do. I love JJ's and I do OK in my Tbolt (P), so this Tbolt variant should be perfect for me...But it's not. Maybe it's cursed with the ghost of a PGI intern or something? Who knows.

Do any of you have a mech that is "cursed" in a similar way?

Ironically a friend of mine also claims to always lose when he fields such variant too the TDR-9SE..

I do believe you are cursed my friend

#20 Suko

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 25 October 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

To be fair, if you have a .17 Win/Loss ratio, and you have only won 1 match, it means you have only played 6 matches total. And while a 5 match losing streak sucks it isn't statistically significant.

According to the stats I've logged 7 matches with that chassis and that single win. Don't ask me how it got .17, I don't really know. I'm just copying what I see.

Still 6/7 matches ending in defeat and the only reason my team won that 1 match was due to point caps. Until I get this POS closer to a 1:1 ratio, I'm calling it cursed.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users