• Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 28 October 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

1) You can fit that on a standard
2) It's a really bad setup

I mean it's powerful, and I even tried to make it work in serious games because I liked the punch + jump. However since they are both right side and the Gauss explode, basically the second you get an internal hit to a Gauss Rifle, you explode.

It's basically a death trap. Only run 2x Gauss on the 4x or Ilya.

right,thats why i said you have to look at your side torso...but hey...what you mean with jump?...this build has no jj, and the new gauss dont explode so fast...if you drive it with a bit brain you can have really fun with it...i know the negative aspects for this build but i had never a problem

#22 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,604 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostDiameth, on 28 October 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

I did notice the body takes considerable damage at often times difficult angles and to be honest I am significantly at a disadvantage fighting in "my style" of smash n' bash. Very difficult to hide/strike prior to brawls. Guess now I know and just need to adapt...

Your torso energy mounts are still pretty high, but you're not going to be hill-sniping very well.

A good way to get an idea of where your hitboxes are is to open the 'mechlab in-game, upen the Loadout tab, and highlight the different components - they'll be helpfully highlighted for you. This may not be completely accurate, but it's good for a rough estimate at the least. The head will be different, however - I think that the hitboxes for the head are where you can click on the mech and select the head, so you'll have to feel around for them.

#23 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

2ac5 in the left, gauss in the right, erll in the middle, xl255, you can use that xl255 when you want to get around to abusing the broken spider...well...abusing enemies anyways...good pug mech, wouldn't use it in a competitive 12 man, but it sounds like you aren't near that yet...you'll probably want a bigger engine for the other CTF's though, so those millions of cbills might come into play...basic your 4x, buy a 3D and abuse the hell out of that for a while grinding cbills.

#24 Diameth

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • Location5th District

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Yeah, not quite to competitive action yet... Going to work a bit more on my 4x and such trying to get my hits down. Yeah auto cannons are my besssssst friends... :blink:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users