Where Is The Territory Conquest?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Darsh

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

In 2001, Kesmai launched a beta for Multiplayer Battletech 3025. The project was trashed shortly after, but during the time I played the beta, I thought they had an amazing feature that MWO really should have incorporated in their game. In Battletech 3025, players HAD to pick a House, and players could drop on different planets / continents and fight to conquer territory for their House. There seemed to be a goal.. a reason to fight. Players could decide where they fought..based on what territory they wanted to capture or defend. It wasn't just a "random map". They could create Specific Mech builds for Cold or Hot planets, or planets with more or less Gravity. ect.... and certain territories had tonnage limits per team. So players could change their loadouts while in the lobby and coordinate with their teammates what Mechs they would use to ensure they weren't over the Tonnage limits. When I heard MWO was coming out.. I expected something similar.. but right now, even though the Mech Combat feels great, the game is just seriously lacking. Look at MechWarrior: Living Legends.. That game has MUCH more Meta..

#2 yashmack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 802 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

Community Warfare is being worked on and will be out "soon"

#3 Darsh

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Thanks for the Clarification. ;)

#4 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

Yeah, check this one out...
http://mwomercs.com/...re-association/

#5 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:04 AM

Ya OP community warfare will be completed sometime in the next decade, just hang in there it will be awesome and inspiring. Until then keep buying and grinding so PGI can keep the lights on.

#6 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

Micro$oft and EA canned 3025 due to disagreements. They didn't give 2 ***** if the players enjoyed what Kesmai created - which was highly received as one of the top 10 multi-player games of all time.

MWO, unfortunately, is no where near in-depth as MPBT3025 was, and that was just a Beta.

#7 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 25 October 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

Micro$oft and EA canned 3025 due to disagreements. They didn't give 2 ***** if the players enjoyed what Kesmai created - which was highly received as one of the top 10 multi-player games of all time.

MWO, unfortunately, is no where near in-depth as MPBT3025 was, and that was just a Beta.

I agree but I'll withhold final judgement on depth until I see how their CW will work

#8 Suko

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 25 October 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

It's sad, but this decade old game is what I still hold MWO to. Others keep mentioning MW3 and MW4, but MPBT 3025 is the closest Battletech game to MWO and it was AWESOME. I will admit that the customization feature MWO has was sorely needed in MPBT3025, but the community warfare in MPBT3025 was SO MUCH BETTER than this stupid random match system we've had for over a year with MWO. And as you said, that was in MPBT 3025's BETA!

That game was so much fun. I hope beyond all hope that MWO's community warfare can even come close to that level of awesomeness. Nothing was more fun than nearly obliterating the enemy from the entire inner sphere.

Posted Image

#9 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

View PostShadowVFX, on 25 October 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

It's sad, but this decade old game is what I still hold MWO to. Others keep mentioning MW3 and MW4, but MPBT 3025 is the closest Battletech game to MWO and it was AWESOME. I will admit that the customization feature MWO has was sorely needed in MPBT3025, but the community warfare in MPBT3025 was SO MUCH BETTER than this stupid random match system we've had for over a year with MWO. And as you said, that was in MPBT 3025's BETA!

That game was so much fun. I hope beyond all hope that MWO's community warfare can even come close to that level of awesomeness. Nothing was more fun than nearly obliterating the enemy from the entire inner sphere.

Posted Image

The game used a different development model. At that time, Beta meant the game was complete and ready for testing. What you got in Beta was what you would see for the game's lifetime with some limited bug fixing patches. Everyone seems to forget that MWO was always going to release as a minimum viable product with ongoing development throughout it's lifetime.

#10 Suko

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

I can't agree with you. I was in MPBT 3025 and it was going for the MMO thing that was the craze back then. I think it was intending to continually evolve, but it only had a lifespan of a couple months (I don't even know if it lasted a year) before EA pulled the plug. We'll never know for sure, but the fact is that game was MUCH more engaging than MWO is currently. I don't think there can be any argument about that.

Edited by ShadowVFX, 25 October 2013 - 10:07 AM.

#11 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

View PostShadowVFX, on 25 October 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

I can't agree with you. I was in MPBT 3025 and it was going for the MMO thing that was the craze back then. I think it was intending to continually evolve, but it only had a lifespan of a couple months (I don't even know if it lasted a year) before EA pulled the plug. We'll never know for sure, but the fact is that game was MUCH more engaging than MWO is currently. I don't think there can be any argument about that.

I don't know, but would be willing to bet that that game had been in development before going to Beta longer than MWO has to this point. The game was essentially complete before you even laid eyes on it. A completely different animal than the model MWO is following.

#12 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostShadowVFX, on 25 October 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

It lasted longer than that but EA was MMo crazy at the time. They had several and there ended up being a dispute between EA and MS over the IP. (This is all from memory but I think that's how it played out) There was no mechlab for 3025 but the way they did their planetary wars was awesome. I liked their JJ's and map size better as well.

#13 Rifter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

Dont worry they promised us CW would be in game 90 days after open beta, so expect in around JAN FEB 2013.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users