We Need More Maps.

3 replies to this topic

#1 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

I see countless threads saying "X mech is useless" or "X weapon sucks." or my favorite "X weapons is OP and I don't know how to tactics NERF THEM NERF THEM SO I WONT HAVE TO LEARN AND PUT IN EFFORT."
---
*shudders*
---

the maps we have promote either 1 of 2 gamestyles.

far...

AND REALLY.... REALLY... ******* FAR AWAY.

The brawling aspect is minuscule when it comes to anything above 50 tons.

... and the maps support it.
---
What if we had more maps?

maps the promote brawling, and extend the gameplay out so that energy weapons are more viable? Where LRMs are viable also with team support? Where changing tactics are rewarded?

I have about 30 Med pulse lasers sitting in my Mechbay, 6 Larges waiting to be used and... no wait... I sold all my smalls and bought AC20s
---
I know PGI can't monetize maps and game modes (thats why their lower on the list) , but when it comes to weapons balancing, it's better to make the weapon viable for the situation...

and if you can't find a situation... MAKE ONE.

every weapon should be viable depending on the situation.
---

Also Pulse lasers should work like Mechwarrior 4/MW3.

it's basically a laser machinegun... test it out on your test servers.

#2 Ahne

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:21 AM

Oh yeah my own thread about "we need more maps with more depth" http://mwomercs.com/...ith-more-depth/ gets closed 1 day after creation because i dont write my thoughts in on of the already existing low telling post who already exist, GREAT!

Here are my thought AGAIN.

It´s unacceptable to have that few maps in mwo, keep in mind how old this game already is and how few real different maps we have and not simply ridiculous cloned maps with same terrain and one weather effect added.

In pair of that we need more maps with more terrain sets we also need maps with dynamic changing weather and day/night cycles! Thats standard in any modern multiplayer based game and we have the year 2014! The Weather should also change the behaviour of weapon systems like the base temperature of the current maps already do. For example put in maps with heavy fog in some places were laser based weapon systems do less damage because of the physics of how laser actually work.
Or another example, desert maps with dunes and heavy dynamic occuring desert storms, which decreasing the viewing range drastically and give all mechs inside the desert storm ECM protection from missles. It could also increase the time for targeting mechs.

Another example about large maps with deep lakes were you can walk through with your mechs and dive with decreased movespeed and half the damage+range of ballistic weapons, also extrem increased heat dissipation underwater and some weapons systems cant be used under water too.
Also you cant use jumpjets and you get decreased mech targeting time becasue of systems like integrated sonar for spotting targets under water.

Also add maps on moons were we actually get another degree of gravity and weapon behaviour regarding real physics and dont forget to implement the rotating of these moons and the change of temperature regarding which side of the moon is currently facing the sun! That would create way more depth and strategic movement to the map and to the game.

Yes those examples are great maps and way more easy to create than you guys out there think and its a shame that the mwo developers are not capable of doing such "standard quality" maps in years!

Give the community the possibility to create maps for you to realease in a community map package and the game would get plenty of way more better and strategicaly more depth maps than we currently have. The possibilities are endless, we only need a official assets package and a supported crytek editor so we can finaly build maps for mwo.

Look at the current map pool and get traumatized! Its a joke that we have after years such painful low quality and low performance granting maps in mwo.

#3 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:12 AM

We already complain about how slow the development is and you want dynamic weather maps with day/night cycles and more physics like low gravity and weather based weapon physics changes? If you could make this stuff by yourself or with your friends and then send it in to PGI, you might have a small chance of the system being implemented into MW:O. Even then, they would have to adopt it to their own coding style and run extensive tests to make sure it works with their heavily modded version of Cryengine. There is no way that they will spend time right now working on a dynamic weather system and all of the other stuff you are talking about when they have so much on their plate without the community at least getting the groundwork coding and texturing done.

That said, I would like to see this in MW:O someday, but it just isn't realistic to ask for that right now. At least wait until thye finish community warfare properly and start development of maps again.

#4 Nova Latios Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 606 posts
  • LocationAnother Galaxy

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:20 AM

Yes city maps! big city map! Lots of tight streets and roads, twists and turns, where mechs can hide and ambush others. Solaris City.
Posted Image

Edited by Nova Latios Storm, 17 June 2014 - 05:22 AM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users