29 replies to this topic

#1 The Government

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationReading, Pennsylvania

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

4 or 12... Forgive the attitude, but I'm tired of being in the naughty corner with my lance of 5.

If this is already being fixed, disregard the rest of this.

This needs fixed immediately. 4 or 12?

I have a lance of 7 on so... what? What happens? 4 can play and 3 stay in the corner?

Please fix this grievous error, and yes it is an error, not a feature.

The setting you are looking for is "UP TO 12" The setting. The one setting.

Thank you for fixing this as soon as you can.

-A

#2 Lynod

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

Seriously, I've consistently tried to play with more than four people in a group and it never ends well. How the hell are we supposed to be able to grab twelve friends for a casual game? This needs to be fixed.

You can do this, guys! I believe in you!

#3 System Belmont the Mech Slayer

Rookie

• The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCanada sucka

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

other than having that awesome battle against my brother on his lance, I would appreciate a team of anything above 4 and up to 12

#4 FaythoftheLost

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

Yea, I agree with this.

There have been a lot of nights that I have between 5 and 10 people on wanting to play and its just not possible. Its a shame that we cant mix it up a bit better then that.

And while we're at it why not go a step further and allow a group battle mode so we can play against our friends?

#5 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

Friends don't let friends listen to the government.

#6 Richard Hardslab

• Pip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

I fully agree.

I have a hard time inviting more friends in to play this game when I've already got 3 friends to regularly play with, all of a sudden someone's being left out regularly, possibly myself!

It looks fairly often like I'm getting pitched against 12 man pre-mades, I'm sure, so what difference does it make when I'm pitched against an 8 man pre-made group?

Just my 2 pennies, since Canada abolished the penny.

Edited by Richard Hardslab, 29 October 2013 - 09:05 PM.

#7 The Government

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationReading, Pennsylvania

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

View PostRichard Hardslab, on 29 October 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

It looks fairly often like I'm getting pitched against 12 man pre-mades, I'm sure, so what difference does it make when I'm pitched against an 8 man pre-made group?

Damn right!

I get that PGI meant it as a way to balance teams. Well don't -- it don't work. It just makes it difficult to group up and play together with friends. That's gaming 101 stuff: Make it easy to play with friends.

We don't care that things are grouped in 4's... we don't care about Alpha or Beta... We don't care. We want to play with our friends.

Make it happen. Chop-chop.

#8 Zerberoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 275 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:31 AM

I totaly agree,

but think about, the reason why we´re at this state are....

us self...

So many whineys blamed premades for there loss of games that PGI was forced to split it up into 1-4, 12

... now they found other Reasons like Hitbox and the meanness of Life :P

we can head back to original 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 groups :)

#9 Lynod

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

I just hope the developers will give this a look. It might have been the community, but it was some damned foolishness from it.

It's in a bad state if you have a medium-sized group of friends.

#10 divinedisclaimer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 280 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

I actually really like the "three groups of four" style of this game and find it unique and refreshing compared to many other games where your dickhole/tryhard group comprising 2/3 of the players in the game just roll everyone and ruin the game for any unorganized group.

It's an interesting dynamic, and I like it. I'd like to see three colors for the lances and the ability to shuffle the lances removed, and a matchmaker that guarantees any given game with a 4-man has at least one opposing 4-man.\

That said, the moment they uncap it we will be one of the groups smashing your unorganized groups into dust when they're unfortunate enough to be matched against us.

Edited by divinedisclaimer, 30 October 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#11 FaythoftheLost

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

View Postdivinedisclaimer, on 30 October 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

I actually really like the "three groups of four" style of this game and find it unique and refreshing compared to many other games where your dickhole/tryhard group comprising 2/3 of the players in the game just roll everyone and ruin the game for any unorganized group.

It's an interesting dynamic, and I like it. I'd like to see three colors for the lances and the ability to shuffle the lances removed, and a matchmaker that guarantees any given game with a 4-man has at least one opposing 4-man.\

That said, the moment they uncap it we will be one of the groups smashing your unorganized groups into dust when they're unfortunate enough to be matched against us.

While that is an excellent point that exact dynamic results in two things.

A ) You go home crying to mommy about the game being unfair.

B ) You let vengeance build a fire of fury deep in your belly you play more matches, make some friends, and return the favor.

Im not unfamiliar with being steam rolled, had it happen to me a number of times. Me, I just get back up dust myself off and blow them up in kind.

Edited by FaythoftheLost, 30 October 2013 - 04:34 PM.

#12 DelRico

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

I agree with all comments. Dont have friends to play yet, and I know that I wont get that many........

#13 Bkiddo

• PipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

Agree ... why can't we play with a group of friends of any size?

#14 Causa Davion

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

Yeah I'm with you all on this.

The other day it took my group about 40 minutes to launch between trying to grab 12 people at once, waiting on that to fail, reassembling into multiple 4 man groups, and then just hoping I might get to play with my friends...once it worked, the other times it didn't, but it was entirely too much inertia to overcome for a game of this nature. That sort of time investment would make more sense for a raid in an MMO or something, but not a pick up and play game running quick matches.

#15 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

Unfortunately you have a very loud section of lone wolf type players that rant and rage about people being able to group up and play which has led to this nerf

#16 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:49 AM

View PostBkiddo, on 30 October 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

why can't we play with a group of friends of any size?

Because the player base is not big enough, and the matchmaker is already pretty borked. Including bigger groups in MWO's current state (presumably still with no grouping restrictions) would make things even worse.

#17 Fut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

View PostSandpit, on 31 October 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

Unfortunately you have a very loud section of lone wolf type players that rant and rage about people being able to group up and play which has led to this nerf

Pretty much this.

PGI can fix the problem pretty easily though, by making separate queues.

1) PUG only
2) Groups from 2-11 plus Pugs
3) 12 mans.

#18 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

View PostModo44, on 31 October 2013 - 07:49 AM, said:

Because the player base is not big enough, and the matchmaker is already pretty borked. Including bigger groups in MWO's current state (presumably still with no grouping restrictions) would make things even worse.

The current system prevents growth of the player base, by preventing people from recruiting their friends to start playing this game.

You end up in a situation where if you get a new person to try the game, they can't actually play with you if you already have 4 guys... or they take the place of one of those guys, and then that person drops off.

The current player number limitation is a huge detriment to the growth of this game. Modern team based games don't prevent you from playing with your friends.

View PostFut, on 31 October 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

Pretty much this.

PGI can fix the problem pretty easily though, by making separate queues.

1) PUG only
2) Groups from 2-11 plus Pugs
3) 12 mans.

Just get rid of the 3rd queue, and throw the 12 mans into the regular queue.

One queue only for PUG's.
One queue for everyone else.

This is how every other game does it.

#19 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

View PostRoland, on 31 October 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

One queue only for PUG's.
One queue for everyone else.

This is how every other game does it.

As with other tried online FPS solutions/systems, this has been suggested numerous times, but not implemented by PGI.

#20 Zaphod Beblebrox

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

This has been amojor complaint sence Beta. They did it this way because pubbers kept getting stomped on even though every one was agenst it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users