#21 The Government

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationReading, Pennsylvania

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostEylradjaw, on 30 October 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

I agree with all comments. Dont have friends to play yet, and I know that I wont get that many........

Run with us, dude. Message Daniel Bryant for details.
Boom, you got friends.

#22 Bkiddo

• PipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

I really don't get the issue with allowing groups of any size - its the same for any pvp style game ... group = win. Even the little message at game load tells you this

#23 Zaphod Beblebrox

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

View PostBkiddo, on 01 November 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

I really don't get the issue with allowing groups of any size - its the same for any pvp style game ... group = win. Even the little message at game load tells you this

The problem is that this game is designed to keep people playing solo, and is antisocial when people want this game to be very social. With 8 man teams you could fit a lot of your friends and somr people you never met in a team. With team speak it incuraged people to make friends and play more. When they changed the team setups lots of people left because the scoial aspect of the game had basicly been destroyed. Lets face it, people play an MMO to play with people and have fun with friends. But the curent setup discurages it to the point that you might as well play agenst AI in a solo game.

#24 The Government

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:35 AM

View PostZaphod Beblebrox, on 01 November 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

When they changed the team setups lots of people left because the social aspect of the game had basically been destroyed. Lets face it, people play an MMO to play with people and have fun with friends. But the current setup discourages it to the point that you might as well play against AI in a solo game.

No kidding, Right on man.
It's even more hilarious to hear they want to charge real money to form a Merc company!
With this setup? Don't make me laugh!
I'm not gonna pay another 60$ to professionally sit in a corner!

At this point, PGI is just embarrassing themselves.

#25 Bkiddo

• PipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

Bumping for focus

#26 Muffinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 447 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

View PostThe Government, on 29 October 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

4 or 12... Forgive the attitude, but I'm tired of being in the naughty corner with my lance of 5.

If this is already being fixed, disregard the rest of this.

This needs fixed immediately. 4 or 12?

I have a lance of 7 on so... what? What happens? 4 can play and 3 stay in the corner?

Please fix this grievous error, and yes it is an error, not a feature.

The setting you are looking for is "UP TO 12" The setting. The one setting.

Thank you for fixing this as soon as you can.

-A

+5! This totally sucks. I've recruited 4 friends to play the game now and we can't all play together.

#27 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

#1 reason most of the vet players in our group don't play anymore. We always have 6-8 players trying to sync drop, and are even thrilled to get in same match against each other. But always maintain a server for our current game of choice so we can ALL play together. (sucks having to log off a game you like to have fun with friends)

#28 The Government

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostDozier, on 05 November 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

#1 reason most of the vet players in our group don't play anymore.

That is the sound of this game dying before it's even out of beta.
That is the sound of lost profits.
Listen well, PGI, and do something about it. I've seen quite a few great, brilliant suggestions. Now do it, because I'm not gonna spend money on building a Merc Company unless this is fixed.

#29 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

Want to make it easier to get into 12 man groups? Get rid of 2-4 man groups. ;)

#30 The Government

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

So I was talking with a friend about this, and he had a suggestion, and I want to pass it along to you, the developers. After all, I'd be a pretty poor Beta Tester if I had only complaints and no suggestions on how to fix them.

We need an open group window, and a find group button, so people we don't know can enter lances, and we can discuss strategy, and talk about what mechs to bring, and all that fun stuff.

So if I have six people and we all want to play, we can find six more and launch, rather than get separated. It would be easy to implement, with a minimum of programming time and concept proofing.

So there you go, all issues have been addressed -- the people who worry about balance can be satisfied, and the people who have more than 4 but less than 12 friends on at any given time get what they want.

I mean, I hardly have to tell you that under the current system, Merc companies simply won't work .. especially if we're paying for them, which once again... completely laughable. There you go, make it so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users