7 replies to this topic

#1 Troggy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

The TAG toggle has been discussed a few times, and is probably on its way. At the same time, would it be possible to install an "override shutdown toggle," such that shut-downs can be automatically overridden.

While I may wish to shut down in a Stalker, I NEVER want to shut down in a Spider (for example). A toggle that just lets me take the risk of overheat and explosion without having to find the "O" key in advance, would be very much appreciated.

--
Troggy

#2 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

hmmm, i don't know, did a thing like this ever exist in battletech? not sure, but hey, might be a good opportunity for PGI to make a module that serves this function! :huh:

#3 Troggy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostStingray1234, on 01 November 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

hmmm, i don't know, did a thing like this ever exist in battletech? not sure, but hey, might be a good opportunity for PGI to make a module that serves this function! :huh:

Does it matter? This is another thing that can be macro'd, so they might as well add a function. It shouldn't need to take up a module slot as it has a very clear risk/reward situation which would make play dynamics a little deeper.
--
Troggy

#4 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostTroggy, on 01 November 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

Does it matter? This is another thing that can be macro'd, so they might as well add a function. It shouldn't need to take up a module slot as it has a very clear risk/reward situation which would make play dynamics a little deeper.
--
Troggy

i suppose it doesn't matter too much. Hmmm, maybe not a module....or maybe just a cheap module.

#5 Troggy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

My concern is the potential for loss of Module slots to things that every mech could have - not really price. My guiding philosphy for this sort of thing is: "If it can be easily macro'd, why not add a feature and level the playing field." Otherwise, some people will buy it, and others will just macro and be done.
--
Troggy

#6 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

Nah, gotta have some way to make me smile when a light pilot isn't paying attention to his heat scale. Managing the heat scale is a pretty key part of the skill in the game, I wouldn't want to see that skill removed.

#7 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

It was a piloting check to avoid shutdown in CBT.

The piloting check in MWO would be not overheating to begin with =P

The hard shutdown that is forced in the game is the one that can't be avoided from CBT at 30 heat.

#8 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

dont use the "o" key.

use the "e" key.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users