73 replies to this topic

#61 Dexter Herbivore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 241 posts
  • LocationPerth WA

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

View PostArtgathan, on 04 November 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:

Those are possible though. Consider that these worlds will host alien flora (as well as fauna, but I doubt we'll see any animals since they'd flee after hearing a 20+ Ton warmachine stomping towards them). Apart from that, trees on earth can easily grow to the heights seen in the game.

Please note the caps part of my statement. "EVERY" tree.

#62 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

View PostDexter Herbivore, on 05 November 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

Please note the caps part of my statement. "EVERY" tree.

The trees seem to be the right height to me. A Jenner is supposed to be 9 metres tall.

#63 GoatHILL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 399 posts
  • LocationA dark corner

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:27 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 01 November 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Posted Image

No comment.

If I didn't know better I'd say the Victor was the lightest 1 in the group.

#64 Artgathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:59 AM

Fun Fact: UI2.0 forces a fixed perspective in the mechlab. Now we can accurately compare mech sizes with side by sides! Things I've noticed: the Griffin and Shadowhawk are almost the same size as the Victor (and the same size / slightly larger than most Heavy mechs). The Locust is not significantly smaller than a Jenner (the only real difference being that the Jenner has more of a 'nose' than the Locust).

The cannon arm on the Centurion (meant to carry an AC/10) is larger than the cannon arm on the Highlander (meant to carry Gauss / AC/20). EDIT: changed "smaller" to "larger"... otherwise "duh".

A Cicada compared to a Jenner is hilarious.

Re-ignite the debate!

Edited by Artgathan, 07 February 2014 - 06:56 AM.

#65 Reitrix

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:40 AM

Just gonna point out that a stripped Locust weighs in at 2 tons, And a stripped Atlas weights 10 tons.
A 'Mechs weight indicates its load bearing capacity, not the weight of the unloaded 'Mech.

#66 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:55 AM

View PostArtgathan, on 07 February 2014 - 05:59 AM, said:

Fun Fact: UI2.0 forces a fixed perspective in the mechlab. Now we can accurately compare mech sizes with side by sides! Things I've noticed: the Griffin and Shadowhawk are almost the same size as the Victor (and the same size / slightly larger than most Heavy mechs). The Locust is not significantly smaller than a Jenner (the only real difference being that the Jenner has more of a 'nose' than the Locust).

The cannon arm on the Centurion (meant to carry an AC/10) is smaller than the cannon arm on the Highlander (meant to carry Gauss / AC/20).

A Cicada compared to a Jenner is hilarious.

Re-ignite the debate!

This whole thing is one of the single most frustrating things about this game for me.

We've all said it enough times, they've touched on it during ATD's, they just refuse to fix it because of whatever amount of time and resources it takes to rescale a mech.

I'm at the point where I'd settle for one mech per month being rescaled. It would take forever, but at least it would be in process.

But the ABSOLUTE worst part, is they CONTINUE to do it. I don't understand it at all. They know the scaling is fubar, but they keep repeating the same mistakes.

#67 Kaldor

• 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:00 AM

View PostFupDup, on 01 November 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

Mech size is not just cosmetic. Aiming at enemy robots is a core component to gameplay, and larger targets are by definition easier to aim at. If something it easier to aim at, it receives more damage than it would if it were reduced in size. If it receives more damage, it dies faster. If it dies faster, it is less useful to its team. If it is less useful to its team...I think you get the idea.

Crazy talk right there.... :angry:

#68 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:50 AM

View PostReitrix, on 07 February 2014 - 06:40 AM, said:

Just gonna point out that a stripped Locust weighs in at 2 tons, And a stripped Atlas weights 10 tons. A 'Mechs weight indicates its load bearing capacity, not the weight of the unloaded 'Mech.

Well, that's with standard internals, where the internal structure weighs 10% of the mech.
If the mech has endosteel, then it is reduced to 5% of the mech's total tonnage, so in your example it would be reduced to 1 and 5 tons, respectively.

My Battletech knowledge may be rusty though, so maybe I made a mistake here.

#69 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

View PostKaldor, on 07 February 2014 - 07:00 AM, said:

Crazy talk right there.... :angry:

Ain't logic weird like that???

#70 Artgathan

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

View PostReitrix, on 07 February 2014 - 06:40 AM, said:

Just gonna point out that a stripped Locust weighs in at 2 tons, And a stripped Atlas weights 10 tons.
A 'Mechs weight indicates its load bearing capacity, not the weight of the unloaded 'Mech.

I'm afraid I don't understand the point that you're trying to make. What you've stated seems obvious?

#71 Kaldor

• 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:17 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 07 February 2014 - 08:54 AM, said:

Ain't logic weird like that???

Common sense isnt so common...

#72 Accursed Richards

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 412 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:51 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 07 February 2014 - 06:55 AM, said:

But the ABSOLUTE worst part, is they CONTINUE to do it. I don't understand it at all. They know the scaling is fubar, but they keep repeating the same mistakes.

It's why I didn't put any money into the Clan packages; it's too much of an unknown factor. I'd love a Black Hawk, but not one that turns out to be the size of a Masakari.

#73 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:03 AM

View PostAccursed Richards, on 07 February 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

It's why I didn't put any money into the Clan packages; it's too much of an unknown factor. I'd love a Black Hawk, but not one that turns out to be the size of a Masakari.

During the pre launch of Project Phoenix Chris Lewis posted a pic of his 3D renderings of the original Omnis, and how they scaled to one another.

#74 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

View PostAccursed Richards, on 07 February 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

It is super frustrating for me...I wish I had purchased a Shadow Hawk Phoenix Project...but that's totally after the fact of seeing how it performs.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users