Colors

10 replies to this topic

#1 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:51 PM

With the achievement system and ranks coming into play soon some (premium?) ' official ' colors will become available through game play. At this point will the average or new player even consider spending MC on colors? Since camo spec phase 2 I have spent 24,000 MC (that's just under 100$) on colors alone. If you care to answer, how much moolah have you spent on colors?
Currently I have at least two premium colors per color (except orange, I only have Blood Orange, and I have no Pink yet which is weird because the creator of the game AKA is ' Pink Thunder ' or the same color as the hero highlander) and I chose the brightest and darkest of each. Consider the fact that players will be able to choose their camo spec and module slots before the match starts, do you think colors are ' OP '? Also, do you think we'll get the ability to create 'custom' colors from something like this: (which is what developers have said)

Posted Image

#2 Karyudo ds

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostM4NTiC0R3X, on 02 November 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

With the achievement system and ranks coming into play soon some (premium?) ' official ' colors will become available through game play. At this point will the average or new player even consider spending MC on colors?

If it were 'official' colors, probably not. Like you said a few shades are good and personally even less for me generally. I suggested something like this with mercenary unit schemes but it seems like 'official' schemes should be exactly that, like skins, non-customizable skins. So instead of unlocking camo's and colors to do whatever with, you'd literally be unlocking the unit appearances. In fact that would also help keep them unique if players couldn't cobble them together from perceivably similar colors/camo's.

Custom colors I'm not sure would fit with the current system. Maybe if they charged for it too, but it would give them less reason to offer anymore colors.

#3 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

Well I don't know how much I have spent on colors. A decent amount thoug,h I guess a good bit more than 10kMC just thinking about it. I just wait for sales now and fill in colors that I like.

No, colors aren't OP imo. They don't really obscure the mechs enough really faze people with their eyes open. I see bright white and lime green lights ganking and sniping at high level play.

#4 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

Although most of my colour are purchased during sales, but I can safely guess I have spent over $100 on colours.

The only way colours are OP are when they are used by squirrel lights.
One minute you and your team and holding the frontline and having a good time beating down red guys.
A flaming red jenner ran past the frontline
2 lance went off to chase the red dot
Now you are circle over the wreckage of your mech

As for custom colours; maybe an one time MC cost to create a colour.
So, if your unit have 3 team colour, you will have buy 3 colour custom MC item.

Edited by xengk, 03 November 2013 - 11:51 PM.

#5 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:42 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 02 November 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

No, colors aren't OP imo. They don't really obscure the mechs enough really faze people with their eyes open. I see bright white and lime green lights ganking and sniping

Says you, I think my color choices work well in distracting the enemy and some have even reported their eyes burning.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:49 AM

And here I thought 4 colors purchased on sale was spending a lot!!

#7 wickwire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • LocationIgnoring The Meta Since 2012

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

i've spent a lot on colors i think... see sig but thats already quite old so ive got more colors now

#8 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

I have every color, just throwing that out there.

#9 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

Tartan Blue (1000 MC)
Buccaneer Black (500 MC, on sale)
Blood Orange (500 MC, on sale)
Applejack Cyan (1000 MC)
Titanium White (500 MC)

3500 MC, $23. Unless they make a real charcoal grey I like, I'm done. I like my mechs to all follow the same basic color scheme.

Hilariously, the only purchase I regret is Basic Blue for 1.5mm c-bills bought during cadet bonus days when I had no idea the value of c-bills, since it sits unused.

Also all the Phx, but I bought for mechs and PT, so don't really count those (though Hotrod Black is getting used in place of Buccaneer more and more)

Edited by Terciel1976, 06 November 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#10 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

There needs to be special paints jobs like glitters or like how the colors change when you look at it a certain way on some fancy paint jobs like on cars.

Edited by Zarla, 08 November 2013 - 05:23 PM.

#11 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostZarla, on 08 November 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

There needs to be special paints jobs like glitters or like how the colors change when you look at it a certain way on some fancy paint jobs like on cars.

That is the cobra camo you are describing, go check it out but you cant change the reflective color on it.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users