- - - - -

My First Module And Me

28 replies to this topic

#21 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

I have a question about UAV's...when activated do you get xp and cash for spotting the enemy?

#22 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

Not yet... but that feature is coming

#23 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

If you are interested in League play, look at:

Improved Airstrikes
Improved Artillery Strikes
NO IMPROVED ACCURACY! IT IS A DOWNGRADE "UPGRADE"
All UAV Upgrades

While these aren't going to serve you well in pugs due to the 40,000 a pop ticket price, they're all used VERY heavily in league games now and cannot come highly recommended enough. If they ever make them offer cbill rewards to offset the cost for success, perhaps we'll see them in pug games.

If you are, however, just pugging and have no interest in LRMs and mostly want to brawl, seismic might be good even with the nerf (since you can kind of check corners with it then), capture accelerator could help with conquest games mostly a bit, etc. There's not a ton of great modules for brawlers that aren't consumables, honestly.

The climbing module that's upcoming looks horrible - 10% reduction to your speed drop off rather than 5% improvement to your angle (like a weight class) means it's not worth the slot. The shake module will only be a serious benefit if it works to also minimize jump jet shake. Otherwise ignore that, as well.

#24 Menson

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNorthern California, USA

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

I think I'm going to hold onto my GXP for now and see what's coming around the corner. Thanks for your help!

#25 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostEnsaine, on 04 November 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

IMO, the best modules depend on your playstyle.....

In priority order....

LRM's:
1: Advanced Sensor Range
2: Target Decay
3: Seismic

Since BAP is standard equipment on my LRM boats, I rank the importance of Modules of my LRM's as:
1. Target Decay
2. Coolant Shot 9x9 (with upgrade for 20% more efficiency), can really make a difference, especially on hot maps or if you know you need to get one more volley in.
3. Seismic

#26 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostMenson, on 04 November 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

I think I'm going to hold onto my GXP for now and see what's coming around the corner. Thanks for your help!

Actually it hit me shortly after I left here that you may also be interested in Coolant 9 by 9. It's really useful, but again, costs money per usage so it's something to consider. Many pilots consider this necessary equipment on a number of 'mechs.

It's both solid as an emergency option as an outright tactic, running a hot brawler build like the 3x SRM6 9A and then popping it when you redline for more "shock damage." So Coolant 9 by 9 is probably the best consumable for a brawler, but again, it will cut into your profits.

View PostJohnny Reb, on 04 November 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

Since BAP is standard equipment on my LRM boats, I rank the importance of Modules of my LRM's as:
1. Target Decay

I've said it before and will say it again: If you are running LRMs Target Decay should be considered mandatory equipment. It's impact is huge.

The main reason for this is simple: Targets will run for cover when LRMs start coming in on them. Target Decay is what makes the difference between the flight catching them without LOS, and hitting dirt. It's not something you can "get around" with skill, unless you limit all your shots to targets with no escape route, which isn't practical. It's a 10/10 module for missiles.

Many people make the mistake of firing at targets who have already left LOS, rendering the module useless (it won't hold the lock long enough to get a solid shot at someone once they've left visual); it's strength is shooting at people you DO have visual on, allowing you to maintain the lock even if it's broken.

Edited by Victor Morson, 04 November 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#27 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

I use advanced sensors and target decay. from sniper to brawler to lrm support, you need to detect the enemy first and keep the signal as long as you can for yourself and friends.

#28 Menson

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNorthern California, USA

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

So what do you guys think about the changes to seismic? From what I gather here it used to be pretty much mandatory. Now is it worth taking first, or are the others better for first module?

#29 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:44 PM

Still worth it, especially if you get to a common chokepoint and want to see if there's anyone manoeuvring for position around the corner. It doesn't work while moving any more, so make sure you're aware of what's around you when you're on the move.

Still a wallhack, just much more situational now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users