Who Is Paying Us?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Kazairl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

Who is paying us, and why?

I was recently in a discussion with folks about the rewards system in the game. Should we get paid bonuses for one thing. Should we not get paid for another.

Then the question arose; "Why do our employers care how much damage we do when surely they are more interested in the outcome?"

This suggests that pgi is a third party in the agreement: A mechwarrior union, working to make sure we get paid fairly. They are on our side.

So how do we bypass them? I want to renegotiate my pay.

Edited by Kazairl, 03 November 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#2 Odwalla

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

lol, wow you worded that really weird, but I get what you're saying. I agree, there needs to be a better way to justify rewards in this game. Especially when you have mechs who don't specialize in heavy firepower (I'm looking at you, lights).

Maybe they should implement some sort of system that makes the rewards change depending on your weight class/speed/loadouts? So lights would get more c-bills/XP from spotting and capping than an assault—for example. Maybe mediums get more c-bills/XP from killing lights? I don't know. But rewards favoring whoever does the most damage is not ideal.

#3 Randalf Yorgen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Locationwith in 3m of the exposed Arcons rear ct

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:15 AM

MRBC (Mercenary Review and Bonding Comission) is operated by Wolfs Dragoons on OutReach and it is to their standards that payments and contracts are generated, agreed to, executed and in the case of a dispute settled by them. Depending on the contract and the goals of said contract the objectives could be almost anything. However, usually, there is a bounty placed on a certain unit of pilot by a 4th party, usually a previous target of said pilot or unit, and it is that 4th party who will pay you to cause suffering and hurt to the indicated enemy. MRBC will hold those contracts as well and will pay them out as proof is presented that the terms are met in accordance with the desires of the 4th party.

Hope that helps :(

#4 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

Considering all the trips to Mordor, I assume the hobbits.

#5 MadcatX

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

Huh, I thought Comstar ran the contracts up until the Comstar civil war, and then the MRBC was created, which would have been after the clan invasion.

I could be wrong however.

#6 Randalf Yorgen

• 1,026 posts
  • Locationwith in 3m of the exposed Arcons rear ct

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:47 AM

View PostMadcatX, on 04 November 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

Huh, I thought Comstar ran the contracts up until the Comstar civil war, and then the MRBC was created, which would have been after the clan invasion.

I could be wrong however.

Comstar ran the Merc world of Galetia (I think, been a while) When Wolfs Dragoons caught wind of the Clans getting ready to come back (3030ish) they ramped up Outreach, Slowly took over the MRC job from Comstar, created the Hiring Hall, and tried very hard to get the Mercs organized so they wouldn't be just cannon fodder to the Clans. Wolfs Dragoons then formed the MRBC (3052)

#7 Chemistry Warden

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

Or, they could ramp up rewards and put R&R back in, No free ammo.

R&R essentially gave bonuses to running in a lighter machine, since you'd spend less on repair (especially if you ran without an XL).

#8 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 04 November 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

Considering all the trips to Mordor, I assume the hobbits.

That made my day.

#9 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:39 AM

I always thought it was the Mech Fairy.

Not to be confused with the Missile Fairy:
(NSFW*)
Spoiler

Edited by MustrumRidcully, 06 November 2013 - 02:42 AM.

#10 Fenris Krinkovich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationWestfall, OK

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

One thing I've learned in life: as long as the work is morally acceptable and not too disagreeable, it don't matter who signs the check.

#11 Fuerchtegott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

View PostOdwalla, on 03 November 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

Especially when you have mechs who don't specialize in heavy firepower (I'm looking at you, lights).
But rewards favoring whoever does the most damage is not ideal.

Well, a Jenner-F piloted by a skilled player does a lot damage.
I admit, hitting 4 digits is very rare, but for most heavy and assault pilots too.
The problem, in my opinion is more, that the amount of damage a light pilot mitigates, isn't counted.

#12 Nuds

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostChemistry Warden, on 05 November 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

Or, they could ramp up rewards and put R&R back in, No free ammo.

R&R essentially gave bonuses to running in a lighter machine, since you'd spend less on repair (especially if you ran without an XL).

I would be happy if they revamped R&R to have more rewards. R&R helps with the immersion in the game and taking on the role of a pilot as you make decisions based on the operating cost of the mech. I would love the Idea of an action I took last match affecting how I can play this match (less ammo because I could not afford it). this would shift priorities to not going for high damage builds but instead cost effective builds.

Also they could integrate non-c bill rewards related to R&R. I am thinking stuff such as salvage being added too. Not just a c-bill amount but earning weapons, ammo, engines, equipment and very rarely mech chassis from the battle. This could improve the feeling of the game without having to add mechs or maps. It would make the meta game more complex if you had to decide between coring an opponent quickly to prevent more damage to you or legging them and getting better salvage from the battle at the price of damage towards your own mech. If they wanted to go the extra mile The drops could be based off the opponents you kill in match (you kill a missle-boat you have a higher chance of earning lrms from salvage).

To get back to the original post I really like that you asked a question of the mechanics of how we earn rewards and if they make sense. +1

#13 MadcatX

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostNuds, on 18 November 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

I would be happy if they revamped R&R to have more rewards. R&R helps with the immersion in the game and taking on the role of a pilot as you make decisions based on the operating cost of the mech. I would love the Idea of an action I took last match affecting how I can play this match (less ammo because I could not afford it). this would shift priorities to not going for high damage builds but instead cost effective builds.

Also they could integrate non-c bill rewards related to R&R. I am thinking stuff such as salvage being added too. Not just a c-bill amount but earning weapons, ammo, engines, equipment and very rarely mech chassis from the battle. This could improve the feeling of the game without having to add mechs or maps. It would make the meta game more complex if you had to decide between coring an opponent quickly to prevent more damage to you or legging them and getting better salvage from the battle at the price of damage towards your own mech. If they wanted to go the extra mile The drops could be based off the opponents you kill in match (you kill a missle-boat you have a higher chance of earning lrms from salvage).

To get back to the original post I really like that you asked a question of the mechanics of how we earn rewards and if they make sense. +1

That sounds a lot like single-player R&R, Maybe they have a bigger plan when CW comes out, but until then they really shouldn't play around with the economy.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users