323 replies to this topic

#121 Chrysato Bahrudin

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 26 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

I am infuriated their email back was a link to their hiring website and the MWO website don't know if its a mistake? or a bot or something but time will tell also posted on their facebook about to call them if anyone wants the number ill post it in a little while i am going to politely complain

Progress update they deleted the post I made on their facebook page apparently they definitely do not care

Edited by Chrysato Bahrudin, 06 November 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#122 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

Developer 1: "So, we patched yesterday, think we should check the forum to see if there was any problems?"
Developer 2: "Nah, I'm sure it's fine".

#123 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

There clearly isnt going to be a hotfix for this issue, or even a statement regarding it, it will be ignored.
Working as intended.
I'm done, time to uninstall, i urge everyone who disagrees with this to do exactly the same.

#124 Snitchkilla

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 38 posts
  • LocationTortuga Prime Tortuga Dominion

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

3 of my freinds just informed me that they just uninstalled mwo ,sad really.dropping the ball on this one pgi for real...

#125 3urningChrome

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

This is a real issue.
Please fix this.

Those of us with only 3 button mice are now even more handicapped.

#126 Snitchkilla

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostChrysato Bahrudin, on 06 November 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Progress update they deleted the post I made on their facebook page apparently they definitely do not care

i thought this too then i found my post filed under "other comments"on the right side of the page " they only leave the pinnied "official' posts in the normal feed

#127 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

Wow. I hadn't computed how bad this was until I saw this thread, I thought you could map back over.

I have a lot of buttons and use them because that's what I'm comfortable with so I've never used this feature, but taking it away is stupid.

Options=Good.

Taking options away=Bad.

About that simple, really.

#128 Snitchkilla

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

it is really bad i play with alot of mechwarriors and most of em are ready to hang up the nuero-helmet over this i mean like complete uninstall and requesting complete refunds ... sad they will be missed,this is going down hill fast!

Edited by Snitchkilla, 06 November 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#129 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

Just going to leave this here....

Posted Image

#130 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

To paraphrase Don Keifer from The Newsroom...

"Bryan, I'm about to lose my **** on you."

Edited by Roadbeer, 06 November 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#131 Onlystolen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFantastic Planet

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:03 PM

I didnt think it was a big deal until i had 4 pilot drop into my TS channel and tell me about it...

so then the first thing that comes to mind when i heard their side of the story was

Edited by Paul Inouye, 06 November 2013 - 12:05 PM.
Try using meme without swearing.

#132 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

1) No.

2) ;)

3) We are adding the ability to bind MB1 to "fire selected weapon group" but it's requiring a bit of trickery on the control binding end of things. We have engineering working on it right now and as soon as that is fixed, the bind will be available to you all again. Sorry for the inconvenience but this was something we did after watching new players have a problem with the current implementation.

#133 J4ck4l

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

Isn't there a way to 'make' this key bind ourselves. I mean there has to be a way to change some .ini or .cfg file to make a custom bind for "fire selected weapon group" without it being in the options menu? I wish i had more knowledge about how such things work....

Regards,

A soon to be retired Mechwarrior.

View PostPaul Inouye, on 06 November 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

1) No.

2) ;)

3) We are adding the ability to bind MB1 to "fire selected weapon group" but it's requiring a bit of trickery on the control binding end of things. We have engineering working on it right now and as soon as that is fixed, the bind will be available to you all again. Sorry for the inconvenience but this was something we did after watching new players have a problem with the current implementation.

So great to hear man! Really! I can sleep again now!

Edited by J4ck4l, 06 November 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#134 Onlystolen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFantastic Planet

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

My apologies! I will do so in the future

Edited by Onlystolen, 06 November 2013 - 12:13 PM.

#135 Snitchkilla

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

thank you paul i think that will settle things down a bit. thank you for communicating with the players it helps more then you probably realize...
the rum runners of tortuga prime salute you cuz other wise we were going to lose a large number of our merc unit to this...

#136 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

1) No.

2) ;)

Will that be a universal bind option? I mean, it doesn't have to be MB1, I'm sure many use a different key or in my case Joystick trigger.

#137 Kunae

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 06 November 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

Will that be a universal bind option? I mean, it doesn't have to be MB1, I'm sure many use a different key or in my case Joystick trigger.

If your "joystick trigger" is binding, may I suggest some nice Aloe Vera hand moisturizer? ;)

#138 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 06 November 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

Once it becomes a bind, it's universal. If you want to fire WG1 with your left foot pedal.. go nuts.

#139 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 06 November 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

Once it becomes a bind, it's universal. If you want to fire WG1 with your left foot pedal.. go nuts.

Cool, us underhive need our immersion.

However, in retrospect, wouldn't it have been easier to change the 'default' keybind for MB1 than to remove it completely?

Seems to fall under the K.I.S.S. principle if you ask me.

EDIT:

And thanks for the time in responding/fixing this issue. Will it be a hotfix or next patch thing?

Edited by Roadbeer, 06 November 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#140 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

1) No.

2) ;)

Thank you for the communication Paul. It's little things like this that help restore my, and our collective, faith. Kudos and we hope to see a fix soon!

Now get back to work on CONTENT please!!! (New maps, game modes, modules, NEW WEAPONS, etc). Shiny new mechs every month isn't enough. We need new stuff to do WITH the mechs!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users