- - - - -

Should I Activate My 120 Day Premium Time Now Or Wait When Cw Phase 1 Releases?

26 replies to this topic

#1 PinkyAndTheBrain

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

I'm in a quandry. I have lots of time to play now and I have 120 days of premium time unactivated, having bought the phoenix pack some time back.

I was intending to save the 120 days premium time for when Community Warfare phase 1 is released, so that I can gain some extra Loyalty points etc. But it seems that CW phase 1 is still nowhere in sight.

So I'm thinking I might as well activate the premium time now and maximise my free time.
Thing is, I've mastered all the mechs I care to master and the main pull for me for using premium time is not for XP gain, but rather, to accumulate a hoard of c-bills for yeah...... buying CW / black market stuff when CW is in full swing.

Should I activate my premium time now or should I hold on till CW phase 1 is out?

#2 MavRCK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

Wait for loyalty points....

#3 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

Do we have confirmation that Premium Time will actually include a bonus to LP as well? I don't recall seeing anything on that.

I'd do it now so you have enough C-Bills to get what you want right when you need it. Four months worth will likely leave you with some time after Phase 1 is implemented anyway.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

I genuinely don't think it will. Instead they are likely to sell special cockpit items for it.

Speaking of cockpit items... Did we ever get our founder's medal? I want to hang that up in a mech soon.

#5 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

Yeah, we did …

If you're not leveling a lot of units up, don't activate it; If you just want some cash to tinker with a build, drive a Hero, instead.

I've never activated mine, and I suspect I've missed the window to do so without waisting it all …

#6 Tyrnea Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

I found my founders medal after the update on the 29th. Its in under the hanging cockpit items.

Now as to premium time and changes in CW, I suspect that eventually a loyalty point boost will be a part of premium time, however I don't see premium time getting adjusted for loyalty until after the full 3 phases of CW are in game, (partly to keep the manic always on players from achieving the 'endgame' to quickly, and let players get a feel for the loyalty grind thus creating value when premium time covers a loyalty boost) which means it will be a LONG time if i'm right.

If you have the excess playing time now, i'd take the premium time and use it. better to have the bank of c-bills sooner rather than later imho. Worst case you can buy future premium time in small blocks for loyalty bonus once CW is in IF premium time covers that.

#7 Tyrnea Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

Oh and goose from what I've read about it, bank premium time stays stored on an account till activated and used. I don't have the link, but if you want you can look up here in the forums where PGI has stated that banked premium time never expires.

That may change in the future, but as far as I know its the current policy, so your banked premium time should still be sitting there waiting for you.

#8 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

I know it won't expire: My point is I can only waste it, a year later …

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

Did the medals (Overlord and Founders) have any perks?

#10 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

No. They just look cool.

#11 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

If you banked your founders premmie, you just wasted 30% potential earnings... That is a mean depreciation curve in any market...

90 days is long enough... When I did mine, I felt really sick of the game because I felt I had to "play" it.

We should be given the option to utilize premmie at least in 30 day increments to avoid burnout...

I have 90 days left banked for whenever CW decides to show up...

#12 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

Phoenix medals have loyalty bonuses attached (when we get CW). Founders medal, don't know.

#13 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostMycrus, on 05 November 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

If you banked your founders premmie, you just wasted 30% potential earnings... That is a mean depreciation curve in any market...

90 days is long enough... When I did mine, I felt really sick of the game because I felt I had to "play" it.

We should be given the option to utilize premmie at least in 30 day increments to avoid burnout...

I have 90 days left banked for whenever CW decides to show up...

Same situation. I've got 121 or so days from Phoenix etc. and the idea was that we would have CW by the time of their release. Well nope and not gonna activate my premium before I get to play more than TDM. I *might* activate if I could do, say 2 weeks at a time but all the 4 months, no way. This game needs to have a lot more content for me to activate. I'm anyway a loyalist, which might be implemented by next summer.

If I could activate only a part, I would and might even BUY more premium time while waiting for CW. Now I feel that I'm not buying anything because I don't want to bloat the 4 months even more and that 4 months wont get activated until we have a game.

It might even help PGI's income if premium could be activated in pieces...

OP: I recommend not activating yet.

#14 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:17 AM

Pinky's issue is also that he has a lot of time to play. Wish I could say much. I am in for banking the premium. Never activacted yet. But in your case I can see having a lot of C Bills on hand before anyone else could be useful. Note that everything regarding loyalty points is conjecture right now. So its a guess.
But it is like an AC20. Rather not need and have then need and not have.

#15 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:35 AM

There's talk of more rewards in matches coming up so maybe you should wait a tad for those if you think they might help. I mean, the more cbills, the better right?

#16 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

I say do it asap. You could be dead in RL tomorrow.

"Live for the moment"

#17 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

I have no plans to use mine till CW shows up and we see what it's gong to be like. And who knows. Maybe by then we'll have the Warhammer/Marauder package or a Clan pack and I'll be up yo 1 year premium time before I activate it.

#18 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:11 AM

View PostHexenhammer, on 06 November 2013 - 03:06 AM, said:

I have no plans to use mine till CW shows up and we see what it's gong to be like. And who knows. Maybe by then we'll have the Warhammer/Marauder package or a Clan pack and I'll be up yo 1 year premium time before I activate it.

True, or something could completely kill MWO by then, so I still say use it now, before it's to late.

Edited by Dar1ng One, 06 November 2013 - 03:38 AM.

#19 PPO Kuro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 300 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:54 AM

I still have 212 days premium time. And unfortunatly the thing I was 'afraid' of, being fed up with the game before I use my premium time, is a fact :)

#20 PinkyAndTheBrain

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:17 AM

Thanks for your inputs everyone. I went ahead and activated my premium time, cos I felt that this is the time when I need cbills the most, cos I want to experiment with different builds. And also, I might not have so much free time in the future, so better make hay while the sun shines. Also, I feel that while everything is still fine with MWO and I still enjoy playing the game, this is the period when I would benefit most from premium time. Who knows, by the time CW phase 3 rolls out, I might be dead from old age.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users