- - - - -

Should I Activate My 120 Day Premium Time Now Or Wait When Cw Phase 1 Releases?

26 replies to this topic

#21 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:54 AM

I think you made the right call. Time value of money: C-bills made now are more valuable than c-bills made later since you can spend them on better gear to make more c-bills.

#22 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:59 AM

Just go ahead now, assumign that is you think you'll have a lot of time to play over the next few months.For instance if you're going to be out of town unable to play for a month somewhere in there then it may not be a good idea.

#23 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:02 AM

Waiting for CW has become a quintessential part of the MWO experience.

#24 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:43 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 06 November 2013 - 05:54 AM, said:

I think you made the right call. Time value of money: C-bills made now are more valuable than c-bills made later since you can spend them on better gear to make more c-bills.

This.

Spend some time getting other mechs leveled up (heck, hop in a few of the trials just in case you want to for later) since you can, build up some bank, or build up a collection of modules, engines, and parts. Or invest in some new mechs (Everybody loves new mechs).

#25 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

What we already know about CW is that you'll need 20m CB just to get started.

I'm with Bront on this one... specially the Trial mech thing. Which I've been doing off and on for quite some time.

#26 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

Generally speaking PT was a lot worthier to be activated pre-cbill nerf, without taking into consideration the increased time it takes to find a match (or it doesn't even find one) and the wait time at the beginning of the round (that was thankfully reduced).

Before Cbill nerf I could gather well above 160k avg (without premium), now due to elo, cbill nerf and whatever else I've dropped down @ 138 and the average is still calculated with 1 year worth of gains, so it could be even lower, it's still lowering down.

The point is that we'll never have back the incomes of the pre-nerf era (things may even go worse), so if you need cbills and you know you're going to stay on the game for a long time, go for it and activate it.

Don't do like me that I still have my founder premium left to be activated. Not that I need that, besides the SHDs this month I don't have anything to exp and I'm sitting on a pile of 250 mil cbills, but if you're struggling to get that new engine or that new variant or you need to exp all of your overlord pack, it's worth to push that magic activate button :)

Edited by John MatriX82, 06 November 2013 - 08:43 AM.

#27 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

View PostscJazz, on 06 November 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

What we already know about CW is that you'll need 20m CB just to get started.

I'm with Bront on this one... specially the Trial mech thing. Which I've been doing off and on for quite some time.

You will need a big amount of CB (18.8 millions was a placeholder) only if you want to start your own merc unit. Otherwise, you can either be a lone wolf or join a faction (loyalist).

Honestly i suggest you to wait if you are not in desperate need atm.

Edited by CyclonerM, 06 November 2013 - 09:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users