• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostLegoPirate, on 06 November 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

just patched and once i hit play and it switches from the patcher, the screen just goes black. still plays all the intro sounds and i do get a cursor though.

This: Check your tickets, Matthew …

#42 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostLegoPirate, on 06 November 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

just patched and once i hit play and it switches from the patcher, the screen just goes black. still plays all the intro sounds and i do get a cursor though.

Same thing happens to me. DXdiag reports that I have dx11

#43 Dorado

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern U.S.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 06 November 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

The build for tomorrow only went up 30 minutes ago so you probably jumped the gun a bit.

Perhaps, but after updating this last time after selecting the play button I got the same error.

MWOClient.exe - System Error

"The program can't start because d3dx11_42.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

So I downloaded DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from here:

http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=35

I'm on a fresh install of Windows 8.1 Pro x64 so I assumed all my DX# requirements were already in place. I did a comparison of my pre-install and post-install dxdiag report and there are zero differences in the file. However the missing DLL is now installed.

Was surprised that it downloaded updates at all... most looked like very old DX9 updates and what not, but the client launched without the above error. However once I clicked Play button all I got was a black screen in the client window.

Rebooted just in case since new DLL's were installed. Relaunched PTS test client, clicked Play, and have been sitting here with a black screen on the client window for over 5 minutes now.

Any ideas? Hopefully this post will help others if they encounter the missing DLL issue, but I don't know why I'm getting a black screen still.

#44 scruffy416

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

Just patched PTS Client, and I'm getting the same behaviour as the other folks... hit the play button and the client window remains blank - plays the sounds, and responds to space bar to skip the intro, but zero graphics. When the intro stuff is over, the custom MWO mouse cursor does load up OK. Nothing to point to with it though...

#45 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

wow guys

you CAN patch. Thats about it until the 2 2-hour windows set for tomorrow.

#46 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

If it's working, you can try to log in, and should get an "unauthorized," or thereabouts …

#47 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

Yeah I'm not seeing anything when I hit launch. Furthermore, if I look in the Test Server folder, I don't see any DX11 folder. Just DX9.0c

#48 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

View PostJman5, on 06 November 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Yeah I'm not seeing anything when I hit launch. Furthermore, if I look in the Test Server folder, I don't see any DX11 folder. Just DX9.0c

That is what you want to run. The "DX9c" web installer will get what you will need. Look in the DX9.0c folder and just run that.

At this point, I'd have to redo my entire system to get DX11 online...

Edited by Deathlike, 06 November 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#49 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

[color=cyan]TEST BEGINS NOVEMBER 7TH AT 10AM PST.[/color]

#50 Matthew Craig

Technical Director

• 867 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

Dll issue should now be resolved

#51 Dorado

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern U.S.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 06 November 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

Dll issue should now be resolved

That fixed it! Just patched and got sound and graphics all the way to the login screen.

#52 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 06 November 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

Learned something from "LRM speed / Splash / Damage" all being changed at once did we? :P

The PPC speed / min range / heat patch implies that maybe not quite yet.

Still, I am looking forward to testing DX11. Even if there's no improvement (or actual degradation) it's exciting in the same way as UI 2.0; I look forward to seeing what gets done with it in the future.

#53 DrSecretStache

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 483 posts
  • LocationWherever the Cbills flow

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostRadioKies, on 06 November 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

How will this affect Dx10 cards like mine? (Asus nVidia gts250DK1gb)

I double this question, as apparently I have the same card... will a Dx10 capable card see any change in performance/magic unicorns/whatever it is Dx affects? (though the good ol' dxdiag reports that I am running dx11)

Edited by Zoughtbaj, 06 November 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#54 Whatzituyah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

I seriously forgot about DX10! I don't really have to worry about it its just that my computer has a GPU Graphics Card but it can't be used the way its supposed to be unless they are able to get DX11 up and running for us all it will save some headaches. I am really looking forward to this test after all it good to see what it would be like with DX11 "if it works of course" I also have graphics issues on my own and it must be my side but my card is a GPU card so yeah. I sent a ticket came back to be more my side bummer.

Edited by Whatzituyah, 06 November 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#55 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

Heyo.
Just installed the patch, and my Panda antivirus keeps deleting the CryengineD3D11.dll file as it thinks it's infected, suspicious, and contains Trojans.

it quarantines it and i don't know if it's still useable if it does that.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edit: here's what I get when I try to re-open the public test..
Posted Image

Come the test i'll just disable my antivirus, but just so that you are aware of this, and what might be causing it...

Edit: if it happens to anyone else, go into your anti-virus' quarantine section and tell the program to replace the file and ignore it. try reopening MWO test and it should work.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 06 November 2013 - 06:14 PM.

#56 Bullseye69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 454 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

The game currently runs Direct X 9 if you have a Direct x 11 card then it could run as direct X 9 or 11 when the game goes live and it in the final build and on the main server. The Direct X 11 allows them to to do Direct Compute calls .

So in non tech speak i will try to explain it instead of having to do 10 lines of code to they only have to do 2 lines of code. Basically it make the game run faster and able to do more with the same power video card you have as long as it direct X 11. Because they can program effects with less code with Direct X 11 than Direct X 9. In country speak with Direct X 9 they would have to travel down the road 3 miles instead of just driving across the pasture to get where they need to go.

Yes I am country boy that happens to love computers and big stompy robots.

#57 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 06 November 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

Heyo.
Just installed the patch, and my Panda antivirus keeps deleting the CryengineD3D11.dll file as it thinks it's infected, suspicious, and contains Trojans.

[...]

Thanks for the heads-up. We just double-checked the file and it's definitely clean. So I reported it to the folks at Panda, hopefully they'll let us know why it's being flagged or simply whitelist it.

Krist

#58 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 06 November 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

Heyo.

Edit: here's what I get when I try to re-open the public test..

Come the test i'll just disable my antivirus, but just so that you are aware of this, and what might be causing it...

When a file is quarantined, it is moved away from the originating folder and I assume the AV attempts to "fix it", which usually alters the file altogether.

So, you'll probably want the AV disabled.

Edited by Deathlike, 06 November 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#59 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostKrist Smith, on 06 November 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

Thanks for the heads-up. We just double-checked the file and it's definitely clean. So I reported it to the folks at Panda, hopefully they'll let us know why it's being flagged or simply whitelist it.

Krist
Thanks! Glad to help!

View PostDeathlike, on 06 November 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

When a file is quarantined, it is moved away from the originating folder and I assume the AV attempts to "fix it", which usually alters the file altogether.

So, you'll probably want the AV disabled.
Figured as much. I did some snooping around and found a button to replace the file and ignore it from future searches. Game loads fine now :P woot!

#60 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

I guess you don't want me to comment on stereoscopic 3D DX11 as it's still not officially supported?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users