#81 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostKeratine, on 07 November 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

Awesome another test where the only times you can play are between 4am-6am and 11-1pm in my time zone, I bet your going to have lots of Australasians playing at those times on a weekday.

Oh geez. Were on this side of the world sorry. Hell I'm at work and I am in the same time zone. Its a test so go find something more interesting to gripe about; or flaunt a game thats in your time zone that we have to stay up into the wee hours to test.

#82 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

View Postrustyk, on 07 November 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

I'm a 3d fan and I hope they invest at least a little time in getting it working.

Do you also play MWO in 3D?

#83 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 06 November 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

Primary focus on the test is stability don't expect mind blowing performance or devastating graphics they aren't there yet, as I've stated multiple times, there are some improvements for sure, but the focus for tomorrow is on stability (hmm yeah can see why I'm not a marketing guy ;) )

Screw marketing, transparent honesty is far better.

#84 FallguySoldier

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 162 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

Now I understand that when it comes to DX11, YMMV, and it does impact fps, stability, etc.

My main issue is the fact that the game doesn't visually look anymore different (or better) between DX9 and DX11. I was hoping for better AA, better/higher-res textures, and all sorts of new special effects that can only be made possible via DX11 (as seen from the latest Crysis games, for example). Sadly, it doesn't seem like anything was updated here. And if there were changes made, they were really unnoticeable and subtle at best. At that point, most people will just simply use DX9 for better fps...

But ranting aside, I'm glad that DX11 is being implemented.

#85 Mike Getsome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

Tested DX11 in testing grounds on Crimson Strait, fps was around 70-80 at Very High in 1920x1200 on i7 3770k at 4.2GHz, 16GB of 1600MHz RAM and GTX670 at 1188MHz.

That was a first pleasant surprise from MWO in 7 months. Keep it up.

#86 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostFallguySoldier, on 07 November 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

Now I understand that when it comes to DX11, YMMV, and it does impact fps, stability, etc.

My main issue is the fact that the game doesn't visually look anymore different (or better) between DX9 and DX11. I was hoping for better AA, better/higher-res textures, and all sorts of new special effects that can only be made possible via DX11 (as seen from the latest Crysis games, for example). Sadly, it doesn't seem like anything was updated here. And if there were changes made, they were really unnoticeable and subtle at best. At that point, most people will just simply use DX9 for better fps...

But ranting aside, I'm glad that DX11 is being implemented.

Until DX11 is implemented they couldn't introduce those special effects and improved textures, I'm guessing after its released they can.

#87 rustyk

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostRhialto, on 07 November 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

Do you also play MWO in 3D?

I haven't tried for months as the performance wasn't very good and I play in surround.

Would you recommend giving it another try?

#88 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

View Postrustyk, on 08 November 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

I haven't tried for months as the performance wasn't very good and I play in surround.

Would you recommend giving it another try?

Perf? No slow down for me... I noticed Damage Glow does not work (it took me some time to see this because I only noticed when I was forced once to play MWO in 2D) but like my signature says, I play everything in 3D, unless it's not working right.

I believe PGI underestimate what 3D bring to the game here, otherwise they would focus on enabling it ASAP. They design nice maps but it's only in 3D you can get the 'wow' factor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users