Remove A1/c1/c4 Default Pods?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

Since we've moving towards displaying weapons more accurately, would it not make sense to actually remove those pods completely if no missiles are installed? That way the missile racks can be implemented more accurately to reflect the launchers present in rows of 5/10/15.

#2 Atheus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 826 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

View PostAsmosis, on 06 November 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

Since we've moving towards displaying weapons more accurately, would it not make sense to actually remove those pods completely if no missiles are installed? That way the missile racks can be implemented more accurately to reflect the launchers present in rows of 5/10/15.

While what you say makes sense, it would significantly weaken the catapult if the arm boxes shrank to nothing when no weapons were mounted to them. This would mean choosing not to mount arm weapons would significantly reduce your protection from the sides. Visually it would be better, I agree, but in terms of how it plays - not so good. I want those big empty boxes catching inbound lasers and missiles rather than my torso.

#3 Swiftsteel

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:18 AM

View PostAtheus, on 06 November 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

While what you say makes sense, it would significantly weaken the catapult if the arm boxes shrank to nothing when no weapons were mounted to them. This would mean choosing not to mount arm weapons would significantly reduce your protection from the sides. Visually it would be better, I agree, but in terms of how it plays - not so good. I want those big empty boxes catching inbound lasers and missiles rather than my torso.

Could swap the boxes for "shields", large metal plates like the Cicada or other mechs have.

#4 Atheus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 826 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostSwiftsteel, on 07 November 2013 - 05:18 AM, said:

Could swap the boxes for "shields", large metal plates like the Cicada or other mechs have.

This is true, but I'd say the status quo is good enough for me. I'd rather the art department spend their time doing the weapon appearance tweaks on the rest of the old mechs, and building new mechs/maps.

#5 Cest7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

Idunno why they just didn't make the inside of the launchers dynamic... too much work?

#6 Kojin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

Some size variation for the pods would go a long way, but would need to keep some semblance of current volume. I like the idea of the external bits as an idea, but it's currently poorly implemented and it should also keep the order of the weapons you put in them so you can adjust your pods to your taste.

#7 Krizalius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,634 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPolar Terma City

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

Catapult is terrible! After the change has become even more vulnerable with the big ears. I still can understand the inner barnums for missiles. The outer for 2 streaks normal. Right and bottom, badly spoil the appearance of the ears and it became easier to hit. Also changed the side torsos and catapult it became easier to kill the center.
Bring back the catapult all except the outer tube on the inside especially for streaks. And Return Catapult A1 ears for 15 missiles. A great many people are spat from her. And nobody wants to ride on it.

Catapult K2Previously looked better with PPC weapons.
Please bring back all Cata's

Edited by Krizalius, 08 November 2013 - 04:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users