- - - - -

Do The Gms Consider It Punishable Non-Participation

41 replies to this topic

#1 BreakinStuff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:46 AM

when your teammates blow off both your arms, right and left torso, destroy a leg and then leave you...

and you go hide and shut down because you're at that point useless to the match?

Bear in mind I'm referring to a completely disarmed mech at this point. at the beginning of a match.

#2 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

When your team mates do that, you report their *****.

#3 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

No but generally, that happens when someone goes AFK at the start of a match, and doesnt respond or move off. Occasionally its a griefer who wants nothing more than to cause hassle. But no it shouldn't be a punishable point if your that lamed however, you can utilize yourself better by attempting to reach cap points/enemy base as stealthly as possible because you could possibly still achieve in assisting in winning.

#4 HarlekinEO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 267 posts
  • Location36th Dieron Regulars

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

Test your weapons in training ground next time.
It sounds like you tested your weapons after the start and hit some of your fellows. Thats a common act, to leg or disarm the ones.

#5 Levon K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 324 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

Intentional friendly fire is never justified. Apparently this problem is getting worse.

When it happens just take a screenshot and file a support ticket.

#6 HarlekinEO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 267 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:37 AM

1. Selfdefence.
2. You need a video, which shows that you didnt started.

If you recognise the advice, ive previously posted. You dont get in hastle. Easy, isnt it?

#7 BreakinStuff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

View PostHarlekinEO, on 08 November 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

It sounds like you tested your weapons after the start and hit some of your fellows. Thats a common act, to leg or disarm the ones.

nope.

#8 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:55 AM

Report the pilot(s) who performed the act.

Although you lose nothing when you die in MW:O, so shutting down and hiding isn't strictly necessary.

#9 HarlekinEO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 267 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:59 AM

Then I would go out of bound. It isnt worth the waiting time... Also the credits and XP aint worth to wait. Better find a game which makes fun.

Also, this shouldnt happen often. Maybe 1% of all games. Normally, MWO players are adult and no hot-headed children. In higher Elo Games such things wont happen anyway, I think. All teammates know the importances, that all player play together and are cautious about any single armor piece.

#10 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

Well, you could always walk slowly up behind them and stand behind them. If they complain that you are blocking them... well sorry, with only 1 leg, the reverse speed is not very good (or you could do a MW2 on them... Reverse dissabled on being legged)

#11 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:40 AM

If the other players did that to you, I'd report them for griefing. Simple as that!

They effectivly took you out of the game, so you couldn't participate anymore. They weakend their own team, lowering the chance to have a fair fight with the opposing team, thereby lessening the enjoyment for everyone else on both teams.

Even if you did something to provoke that reaction, it is not the place of the community to exact justice. The community is here to play and not to be jury and judge about other players. That's what we have the gamemasters at support for.

Edited by Egomane, 08 November 2013 - 02:40 AM.

#12 Dalziel Hasek Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 215 posts
  • LocationOxfordshire, UK

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:26 AM

The rules are listed here: http://mwomercs.com/...arrior-justice/

Team-Killing
Any MechWarrior who willfully or repeatedly-
  • Assaults team-mates in battle with intent to cause grievous ‘Mech harm; or
  • Destroys team-mates in battle;
Is guilty of Mechslaughter and shall be moderated.

Non-Participation
Any MechWarrior who willfully or repeatedly-
  • Fails to engage the enemy or mission objectives; or
  • Disconnects their BattleMech during combat;
Is guilty of Absence without ‘Mech and shall be moderated.

If you have been disabled by a team-mate - they are guilty of Mechslaughter and you ought to report them. You should still make some attempt to add value to the team through communication, prevention of capping or movement to enemy base or distraction of enemy forces or you may be accused of Absence without 'Mech. However I think the support team would not consider disconnection if your 'Mech is crippled by a team-mate "willful" and it shouldn't need to be repeated unless you are routinely being targeted by team-mates - then you might have to ask "What do I do/have I done that has caused such a repeated reaction from different people?"

Edited by Dalziel Hasek Davion, 08 November 2013 - 03:28 AM.

#13 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:31 AM

View PostDalziel Hasek Davion, on 08 November 2013 - 03:26 AM, said:

then you might have to ask "What do I do/have I done that has caused such a repeated reaction from different people?"

Not defending them or their actions against you.

BUT-- I have a feeling there is a lot more to this story than we're being told.

What were you doing or saying right before they attacked you?

Greifing? Shooting team mates? Verbally abusing folks?

You have a very low post count, yet you're already affiliated to a house? 3 posts total at this point, and 2 of them are in this thread?

Smells like troll account to me.

Edited by OldOrgandonor, 08 November 2013 - 04:32 AM.

#14 Fut

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:23 AM

View PostBreakinStuff, on 08 November 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

when your teammates blow off both your arms, right and left torso, destroy a leg and then leave you...

and you go hide and shut down because you're at that point useless to the match?

Bear in mind I'm referring to a completely disarmed mech at this point. at the beginning of a match.

View PostHarlekinEO, on 08 November 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

Where in the OP did you read anything about him testing weapons at the start, or hitting a teammate?
Besides, if this was the case, purposely attacking the person is not justified - even if it is a "common act".

To the OP, take note of the match details (time of day, type of match, name of person who busted you up) and report it. Don't bother coming on here to ask about it. We all know it's unacceptable to purposely attack members of your own team.

#15 Thariel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:57 AM

I think friendly fire is a good thing, if it is not excessive. Haven't you ever played a game, where you teammates plays such utter cr@p, that you wished you could get rid of him,a dn do it alone. here's your chance. In these cases in 95% the teamkill improves the team

#16 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:20 AM

View PostThariel, on 08 November 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

I think friendly fire is a good thing, if it is not excessive. Haven't you ever played a game, where you teammates plays such utter cr@p, that you wished you could get rid of him,a dn do it alone. here's your chance. In these cases in 95% the teamkill improves the team

And in 100 % of those cases, it is a rules violation if it is intentional!

Edited by Egomane, 08 November 2013 - 06:42 AM.

#17 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

Ah, probably one of the only things I don't miss about MWO's closed beta. "Hi! I'm new." Pew, pew, dakka dakka, dakka. Disarmed, legged. "Welcome to MWO."

Oh the number of times I took serious damage trying to defend new players from the initiation haze.

#18 BreakinStuff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 08 November 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

Not defending them or their actions against you.

BUT-- I have a feeling there is a lot more to this story than we're being told.

What were you doing or saying right before they attacked you?

Greifing? Shooting team mates? Verbally abusing folks?

You have a very low post count, yet you're already affiliated to a house? 3 posts total at this point, and 2 of them are in this thread?

Smells like troll account to me.

I'm not a fan of the MWO forums. The format gives me a headache.

And I've only ever shot friendlies three times notably.

Once I clipped a highlander while testing a weapon group about three months back, and then I had light mechs jump as I was shooting an assault mech over their heads with an AC/20. they exploded, and, well... oops. the light mechs were in voice chat with me and laughed their ***** off when it happened.

Friendly fire is something I'm USUALLY acutely aware of.

#19 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:35 AM

View PostKoniving, on 08 November 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

Ah, probably one of the only things I don't miss about MWO's closed beta. "Hi! I'm new." Pew, pew, dakka dakka, dakka. Disarmed, legged. "Welcome to MWO."

Oh the number of times I took serious damage trying to defend new players from the initiation haze.

And that was allowed... in closed beta... which is like there for final testing. How did that happen then? Alarm bells are starting to ring!

#20 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostBurke IV, on 08 November 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

And that was allowed... in closed beta... which is like there for final testing. How did that happen then? Alarm bells are starting to ring!

I should mention that closed beta was second stage testing. Internal and first stage started in January of 2012 with about 200 people at most. Closed beta was actually second stage with an average of 1 to 2,000 people at its height. Founder's closed beta brought that up to 2 or 3,000 people on at any given time. Later, open beta was the "final stages of testing" with about 50% of the game's great features completely removed (ground cracking/minor destruction, the ominous single destroyable tree in River City, a few street lights that could be knocked over, knockdowns and all forms of melee that came with it, damage to actuators and all consequences associated with it, inverse kinetics with Halo-style "my legs shift when I'm standing at an odd angle", high resolution textures, incredible graphics worthy of the Cry Engine, etc). Though technically we are still testing it. Nothing has truly changed with launch other than the argument "I'm not paying for a beta" is no longer valid.

But back on topic. Such acts were not sanctioned or simply allowed, but there wasn't a code of conduct or punishment that said what you can and can't do either unless it was associated with the NDA.

People liberally breached the NDA too around the time of the low economy test (which was far worse than it is now). What made that aspect even worse than the low income was the fact that it was in conjunction with what I call "total repair and rearm." Total repair and rearm is where you are charged for every little thing every time you run your mech no matter what it is. 75,000 for an amazing win with a minimum of 7 kills and 800+ damage dealt - 300,000 cbills for total repair and rearm = serious debt. (As opposed to my concept of an optional entry repair and rearm, which only charges you for any upgrades, raretech/losttech and over abundant ammunition [a strict limit not a percentage], but doesn't charge you for standard or common equipment. Thus allowing you to choose your risk versus reward.)

Of course, during the hazing phase we had a reset every single week. As in literally you lost everything and started over again anyway.

Sometimes it was twice in a single week if a critical bug was found.

---

You could actually say that the code of conduct was formed based on the misdeeds that frequently occurred in closed beta during frustrating times with frequent resets. In the words of PGI, "closed beta testers were getting burned out with frequent resets and so we've opened our doors with open beta."

Edited by Koniving, 08 November 2013 - 11:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users