Make Kill Assists A Stat Displayed In The Profile

25 replies to this topic

Poll: Should "Kill Assists" be a recorded stat? (113 member(s) have cast votes)

Yay or nay?

1. Yay (107 votes [94.69%])

Percentage of vote: 94.69%

2. Nay (6 votes [5.31%])

Percentage of vote: 5.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 zazz0000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

Being a team game, especially one where kill assists are valued more than kills (by xp and rewards and score), could we make that a stat recorded in your profile?

I *LOVE* checking out my stats. I enjoy working for the K/D, although not in a fission of QQ'ing for "kill steals", or chasing zombied mechs when threats are around. Nor do I mind putting up some 700+ damage and getting 10 assists 0 kills. But wouldn't it be nice to have assists as a stat?

#2 Corralis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 577 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

Yes, nothing more to say. It should have been implemented when we got the new stats page and I can't for the life of me understand why it wasn't.

#3 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

I guess why not, but since I think you get an assist even when you've only fired 1 medium laser (or a few?) at an enemy I'm not certain how valuable it can be.

#4 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

Assists are easy to get, so it's somewhat meaningless, but in theory so are kills (since they're rarely solo), so why not?

#5 zazz0000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostBront, on 12 November 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

Assists are easy to get, so it's somewhat meaningless, but in theory so are kills (since they're rarely solo), so why not?

Precisely, both can be got with as little as 1 point of damage. So showing one and not the other is a bit silly. I think in the end, a combination of K/D, A/D, and average damage/match give you a good idea of your abilities.

#6 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTemplar Command Training Camp.

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

Kill assists are crazy high numbers though.

I'd love to see it.

#7 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 12 November 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

I guess why not, but since I think you get an assist even when you've only fired 1 medium laser (or a few?) at an enemy I'm not certain how valuable it can be.

Yeah, on one hand an assist would be nice, but it would be better if there was some kind of floor to qualify for an assist. So 10% or more of the damage require to kill that mech. So if everyone's a really good shot and take down an Atlas by only doing 50 points of damage to a side torso, it would only take 5 points to qualify for an assist.

But if it took 300 points of damage to kill that Atlas, the one MG shot you put on the legs at the beginning of the scrum wouldn't count.

Also: please implement this idea AFTER I grind out my Locusts, plskthx.

#8 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

+1

#9 Mordynak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 374 posts
  • LocationThe United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

This is a stupid idea. Kills arent the most important thing is this game. People focus too much on K/D's. Instead of just working as a team and collaborating with each other.

This is why you get that last mech alive running away from the fight and hiding at the end of the match.

#10 hYlAnDeR

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:19 AM

Excellent suggestion! Since this is a TEAM game, I think assist ought to be a recognized stat along with all the other stats.

#11 Asakara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 977 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

I believe they already track it, though I am not sure why they do not display it.

Here is my evidence from November 2012:

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1474437

#12 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:15 AM

View Postzazz0000, on 11 November 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

Being a team game, especially one where kill assists are valued more than kills (by xp and rewards and score), could we make that a stat recorded in your profile?

I *LOVE* checking out my stats. I enjoy working for the K/D, although not in a fission of QQ'ing for "kill steals", or chasing zombied mechs when threats are around. Nor do I mind putting up some 700+ damage and getting 10 assists 0 kills. But wouldn't it be nice to have assists as a stat?

Completely on board with this!

#13 Crazy Horse 3059

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 64 posts
  • LocationIn the woods

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:17 AM

View PostMordynak, on 02 December 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

This is a stupid idea. Kills arent the most important thing is this game. People focus too much on K/D's. Instead of just working as a team and collaborating with each other.

This is why you get that last mech alive running away from the fight and hiding at the end of the match.

This.
K/D spread isn't worth spit. This is a teamwork game, stop worry about your own worthless stats and worry about your team more.

#14 BA Dillard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO.

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:53 AM

View Postzazz0000, on 11 November 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

100% agree. Should have been in since the get go.

#15 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:15 AM

I'd be inclined to put a 5-10 damage minimum to qualify for an assist, but other than that it should indeed be tracked in our stats page.

#16 OldCowboy

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

Meh, shows my damage done already. More meaningful thatan assist and even kills if u ask me. Although despite popular belief kd ratio is an indicator of skill, especially over time. Accuracy is probably a better one.

#17 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

+1

But ideally an API database system developed to have access to all personal stats including drop factors and details. This with the potential of combining access to data based on user configurable permissions so that they can be applied at a Macro level. E.g. Organisational summary data due to associations.

#18 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:10 AM

I'd still prefer it if the kill went to the player that caused the most damage to the mech and the assists go to the players that caused at least 10% of the mechs overall damage taken.

Then a new stat should be created for the player that lands the killing shot.

So basically you'd have Kills, Assists and Kill Shots. Then coupled with Damage Done and Accuracy, you'd have a better overall idea of the player's combat proficiency and play style.

#19 King Merrygold

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 28 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:28 AM

Bryan Ekman claimed here four months ago that it would be coming soon. I would also very much like to see team damage (total damage caused by myself to my team, listed in the same way total damage is) as a viewable stat. Both of these would be helpful in gauging my effectiveness in a team, and both are also used in tournament scoring.

#20 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:17 AM

I think that having the Kill Assist as a stat would be a good option.

While the matchmaker may or may not take assists into consideration, I would like to know for personnel reasons if nothing else.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users