Here It Is, The First "artillery / Air Strikes Are Op" Thread.

69 replies to this topic

#41 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostKhobai, on 12 November 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

artillery and airstrikes SHOULD be powerful. But even the slowest mech should be able to move out of it in time if they see the smoke, Thats just wrong.

That's why I make a point of dropping it "behind" mechs... ;)

With the buffed damage and effective radius... One doesn't have to drop the smoke between their legs to net ones desired effect. :)

#42 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostRoughneck45, on 12 November 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

Just wish the mechanic was less random. A consumable that can headshot someone is not balanced.

They aren't going to touch them for a long time though because they are not a problem in pugs. They dominate the 12v12 queue, to the point where each team has at least 6 strikes, usually more.

This is also because of the seismic nerf. It needed one, but now the consumables are the best modules you can take.

QFT

#43 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostDaZur, on 12 November 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

That's why I make a point of dropping it "behind" mechs... ;)

With the buffed damage and effective radius... One doesn't have to drop the smoke between their legs to net ones desired effect. :)

Being sneaky MUST BE NERFED!

View PostRoughneck45, on 12 November 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

Just wish the mechanic was less random. A consumable that can headshot someone is not balanced.

They aren't going to touch them for a long time though because they are not a problem in pugs. They dominate the 12v12 queue, to the point where each team has at least 6 strikes, usually more.

This is also because of the seismic nerf. It needed one, but now the consumables are the best modules you can take.

You are only allowed to drop a single strike at a time... Trust me that IS nerfed!

#44 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 12 November 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

You are only allowed to drop a single strike at a time... Trust me that IS nerfed!

No, that's a bit of balance.

If they had a limit to how many each team could take in 12's it would be much better IMO.

#45 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostRoughneck45, on 12 November 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

No, that's a bit of balance.

If they had a limit to how many each team could take in 12's it would be much better IMO.

Ever see what 6 Arty batteries could do to a TT game? I have yet to even notice Arty being used in MW:O.

#46 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

only thing air strikes and arti need is a hearable warning by betty, besides that they are perfect and look really badass now.

And this is coming from someone who would NEVER buy any and never plays premade. So I'm on the recieving side, still I think they are totally fine.

Edited by TexAss, 12 November 2013 - 11:32 AM.

#47 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 12 November 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

Ever see what 6 Arty batteries could do to a TT game? I have yet to even notice Arty being used in MW:O.

Didn't ARTY batteries carry BV or some sacrifice in order to use them?

Now since siesmic is trash there is no reason to not have an Arty strike. and no tonnage / crit sacrifice is given. It is quite literally a free damage that has a chance to insta kill someone.

The last match we played against SJR.

JagerXII the guy who just lead his team to a victory in the MWO launch tournament, gets headshot 1:20 seconds into the match. In match 3 he gets hit in the head again, but it only takes his internal to yellow.

This is one of the absolute best pilots in the game, being removed from it with no offset on the other side.

These things are pretty much CoD killstreaks in a no respawn game. Absurd.

Edited by 3rdworld, 12 November 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#48 wintersborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:40 AM

Uh oh you have done it now, you mentioned "Pre Made's" and "OP" now you will get nothing but Trolling from them and censorship from the Mods that protect them.

I have not been affected by Airstrikes yet but the un deniable advantage of coordination that a Pre Made can bring to PUGs is understandable when it comes to Airstrikes.

#49 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 12 November 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

Didn't ARTY batteries carry BV or some sacrifice in order to use them?

Now since siesmic is trash there is no reason to not have an Arty strike. and no tonnage / crit sacrifice is given. It is quite literally a free damage that has a chance to insta kill someone.

The last match we played against SJR.

JagerXII the guy who just lead his team to a victory in the MWO launch tournament, gets headshot 1:20 seconds into the match. In match 3 he gets hit in the head again, but it only takes his internal to yellow.

This is one of the absolute best pilots in the game, being removed from it with no offset on the other side.

These things are pretty much CoD killstreaks in a no respawn game. Absurd.

Yeah BV, Have you sen what damage you get for that BV? I have tested and use HeavyMetal's arty spotter program! What it can do is sick! :)

#50 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

View Postwintersborn, on 12 November 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

Uh oh you have done it now, you mentioned "Pre Made's" and "OP" now you will get nothing but Trolling from them and censorship from the Mods that protect them.

I have not been affected by Airstrikes yet but the un deniable advantage of coordination that a Pre Made can bring to PUGs is understandable when it comes to Airstrikes.

Posted Image
Now, wheres my tinfoil hat.

#51 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

Posted Image

#52 wintersborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

Its like Troll bait at the Zoo.

But proves my point yet again, thanks.

#53 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 12 November 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

You mostly solo or 4 man if I'm not mistaken? I haven't seen anything in that queue that would make me think they are overpowered either, but 12's is a completely different story.

Edited by Roughneck45, 12 November 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#54 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

View Postwintersborn, on 12 November 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

Ooh, come on, we trolls have to stand together!
Posted Image

#55 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

View Postwintersborn, on 12 November 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

Your cleverness is seconded only to your stupidity.
Here, have a unicorn.
Posted Image

#56 Wispsy

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

You do not need to be in a premade to see a some fading red smoke, hear "artillery ready" and see a big blob of enemies to know it may just be the right time to spam arty strikes at them...

That said I still make money using 3 consumables a game. If you do not miss they pay for themselves and give your team a better chance of winning so even more money. Sure it may slow grinding a little, but it is not like it is a huge amount or mc only.

#57 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostRoughneck45, on 12 November 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

You mostly solo or 4 man if I'm not mistaken? I haven't seen anything in that queue that would make me think they are overpowered either, but 12's is a completely different story.

Well in the one night I did drop 12 man with the Law I saw zero Arty strikes. Not scientific I know...

#58 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostWispsy, on 12 November 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

You do not need to be in a premade to see a some fading red smoke, hear "artillery ready" and see a big blob of enemies to know it may just be the right time to spam arty strikes at them...

That said I still make money using 3 consumables a game. If you do not miss they pay for themselves and give your team a better chance of winning so even more money. Sure it may slow grinding a little, but it is not like it is a huge amount or mc only.

Its all about the evil premades.
This thread needs cake. Wheres Roadbeer when you need him

#59 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 11 November 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

Yep, I'm calling it now.

Bloody airstrikes and artillery are OP - when used by premades.

Just last game on Tourmaline an obviously premade group called in 2-4 strikes within a matter of seconds on the same spot, and shredded my Stalkers armour down to 56%. Sure, there's a visual warning and a delay, but I couldn't leave the area in time (especially since they spaced them out) and the crazy amount of screen shake screws things up big time. Not to mention the only way to get out of the explosion was to walk directly into the path of said premade who then shredded me some more. Most of my team got hit too, and many could have moved in time if they noticed it, but the digusting lack of VOIP meant I had to choose between typing and death, or warning my team mates.

Now that arty / air strikes work well they're beginning to feel very pay to win.

I have no idea what can actually be done to fix this, but I'm definitely not paying 40k per match to try and hit them back. It's not very fun to play against at all.

If there is a bug then yes it needs fixing. But and there is a BIG but....

If it stops pugs from blobbing up like sheep....
then it's a GOOD THING. :)

#60 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

In fairness... I PUG only, so I cannot qualify how OP they are in premade / team competition.

That said, I do appreciate their new-found strength at area denial... as I now use it regularly for that very purpose (Especially since we have a rewance of mechs pretending to be turrets)...

I can imagine, particularly if a team elects to all carry arty, how blanket saturation could provide a huge swing in a battle, especially if a team hulls down...

All that being said... If it's doing all this... It truly is "working as intended", no snark intended.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users