45 replies to this topic

#41 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

Excuse my rant above. Losing streak.
In the interests of continuing the discussion: Average damage per shot for the ML on a Jenner F was 2.24. If I calculated right, it should be much closer to 3. It certainly is on the very low end of what is expected. Since this was PUG ing, it is anybody's guess how much that contributed, or what it says about the Hitreg problem.

The sample was over 32 matches, of which my team won 25, which was surprisingly above what would be expected at target ELO, which the Jenner is very close to looking at overall stats. So this is probably not stat significant, but for what it is worth.

#42 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:03 PM

Whelp. New Zealander here with 270ms Ping. Just took off a Yen-Lo's Shield Arm when I hit his RT with an AC/20 round. 2 matches later, I visually hit a Raven CT (right on the damned Beak) with an AC/20, no damage registered. The Lag shield now belongs to the Low Pingers.

#43 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:06 PM

and because the timing is so out of alignment they also have this in their favour.

#44 Thunder Child

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

To be honest, the ghost hits aren't as annoying as not being able to hit ANYTHING in return.
I mean, I know I am not the best pilot in this game. But it really just ticks me off when I know I lined up the shot, my client even shows me I hit, but then the server says "Nope", and that Raven with an AC/20 sized hole in its nosecone just laughs it off.

#45 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

well pgi have taken far too long to fix this, it's a core game mechanic for any FPS. now that they've left it too long it's lead to wrong perceptions involving how weapons should be balanced {the current one is nerf acs cause lasers can't keep up and now we're seeing one reason why they can't}

it's even leading to conspiracies about putting high elo's down and giving newbs invulrability, to cover up a bad MM and nerfs skills attempt perhaps? no but if the flaws carry on the conspiracies become rumors and then people consider it gospel and fact.

PGI needs to fix this ASAP or the playerbase will give them many sides of hell!

Edited by GalaxyBluestar, 18 November 2013 - 11:37 PM.

#46 zudukai

• Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

high ping sucks, currently MWO makes my network drop with packet loss or malformed packets, as well as causes me and my roomate on different systems have pings that bounce from 17 to 2000 avageing around 3-500. last month ping sat around 20-35.

my example recorded today.

Edited by zudukai, 18 November 2013 - 11:59 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users