• Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:18 AM

View PostCrashingmail, on 25 November 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

Then u guys should read this too -> http://www.mechspecs...hp?topic=4796.0
The cooldown need to get increased (and fixed), when a 4 Mech light team is able to get around the cooldown and simultaneously drop 4 Ary or Air strikes on a group of mechs and around 10 seconds later another load.

That's called coordination, communication, and teamwork. You should try it with your team sometime. It will greatly improve your odds of winning

#22 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

Some of you 12-man players really make me laugh out really hard until tears run down my face. You encounter tactics used by another coordinated team that you are unable to effectively deal with and your solution is to go to the forums and demand that said tactics be nerfed into oblivion if not outright removed. Do you know what those tactics are that they are using? You can actually find those tactics used all throughout the history of human warfare:

View PostMystere, on 04 December 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

... during ancient times, battles started with armies sending their skirmishers armed with javelins, bows, and slingshots to soften up the enemy. Sometime later, the Greeks then added ballistae and catapults to the mix. When the Romans came, they used tactics that involved throwing pila at the enemy just before engaging them directly.

Then in 53 BC, a Roman army of over 40,000 men met a much smaller Parthian force of 10,000 horsemen at Carrhae. There they fought an enemy that peppered them with arrows shot by 9,000 mounted archers while repeatedly being pummeled by a heavily armored cataphract cavalry of 1000. The Romans were slaughtered and the Battle of Carrhae was one of the costliest defeats in Roman history. The Parthians, on the other hand, suffered minimal casualties.

The Romans became dominant on the battlefield because their enemies did not have the same tactics, organization, and discipline that the Romans legions had. And when they got their behinds handed to them by the Parthians, the Romans did not go to the Forum Magnum ( :ph34r:) and complain about how OP ( :P) the Parthians were. No, they did what they always did: adapt, overcome, prevail.

As such, as Sandpit had said ever so simply:

View PostSandpit, on 26 November 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

That's called coordination, communication, and teamwork. You should try it with your team sometime. It will greatly improve your odds of winning

#23 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

I agree. I'd think 2minutes to be plenty between each arty and 30 seconds between an arty and air strike for everyone on the same team.

#24 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTemplar Command Training Camp.

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

I don't see a reason to change the time.

It's fine as is.

#25 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 05 December 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

I agree. I'd think 2minutes to be plenty between each arty and 30 seconds between an arty and air strike for everyone on the same team.

If each team member brings arty, not all of them can use it. The same with air airstrikes. Should we do the same with LRMs and other weapons? :unsure:

No, I want them capable of being dumped within 3 minutes. In that way, I can pound the survivors with mine at a time and place of my choosing. <maniacal :ph34r: :P :ph34r:>

#26 kuangmk11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 627 posts
  • LocationW-SEA, Cascadia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

Strikes are way to COD for my taste. They were fine when they were worthless. Now they are annoying and overused, mostly by the already annoying weight stacking try-hard crowd. Yes increase the timer, by a lot.

#27 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

View PostMystere, on 05 December 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

If each team member brings arty, not all of them can use it. The same with air airstrikes. Should we do the same with LRMs and other weapons? :unsure:

No, I want them capable of being dumped within 3 minutes. In that way, I can pound the survivors with mine at a time and place of my choosing. <maniacal :ph34r: :P :ph34r:>

Well, given that Arty isn't a weapon, and takes up no weight and no crits, I'm fine with not everybody being able to use it all the time.

Not every module is useful on every map or in every situation. It's just something you have to deal with, with modules. Brought advanced zoom for river city? Oops! Cap accel on assault? Too bad! Didn't get to fire your arty because 10 other people on your team fired theirs first? Doesn't sound that awful to me.

#28 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

View Postaniviron, on 05 December 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Well, given that Arty isn't a weapon, and takes up no weight and no crits, I'm fine with not everybody being able to use it all the time.

My sensei long ago taught me that everything can potentially be used as a weapon. :wacko:

View Postaniviron, on 05 December 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Not every module is useful on every map or in every situation. It's just something you have to deal with, with modules. Brought advanced zoom for river city? Oops! Cap accel on assault? Too bad! Didn't get to fire your arty because 10 other people on your team fired theirs first? Doesn't sound that awful to me.

Bringing the wrong module is not the same as not being able to use it due to an awful system limitation demanded by players unable to handle the original game play ( :ph34r:). Besides I can still use the cap accelerator in Assault (I can kill whoever comes to their base and continue capping :P), and the advanced zoom in river city (especially when I am sniping from up high and far away in a Spider 5D :ph34r: :unsure:).

Edited by Mystere, 05 December 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#29 paxmortis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

The using of the module is for me not a problem and that was not the point why i start this topic. The time you need to made a massiv among of damage is to short.

Why i think the cooldown need to be increase i wrote in the first topic. I can handle the current gameplay and thats the reason i wrote this post.

In normal PUG games its okay because not all using this module. But when you playing 12 vs 12 is now more Strikewarrior when Mechwarrior.

#30 Randalf Yorgen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Locationwith in 3m of the exposed Arcons rear ct

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:14 AM

I'd love to get an crying betty warning about an incoming airstrike, not so I could get out of the way but so I could try to find the inbound aircraft and shoot them down. Wouldn't that be a nice addition to the game play. Actually give the AC2ers something else to shoot at and at the speeds they are moving they would only have to clip a wing once.

#31 langer0r

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:05 AM

Thing for me is: this is mechwarrior online, not COD, not a WWII game no modern-day-confilct.

Giant Robots of different classes use their respective talents to dish out whose team is better.

Airstrikes and Artillery strikes CAN be used by everyone, but not everyone uses it. Why? Well, theres obviously a huge advantage using those things on light mechs:

Light Mechs using offmap-strikes gain firepower they wouldnt have using just their weapons mounted on the mech.

Yeah, everybody can get it, but not everyone can effectively use it. Best use as i see it: A light dashes with 140 kph through 3 assault mechs, his strikes change armor on the assaults to orange (at least).

Yes, im a heavy/assault player and as if it wasnt enough, getting owned by light mechs carrying heavy weapons due to their speed (weapon class limit on lights wanted: no more ppcs or gauss or even LL on the small crabs.) now its even easier for the lights to kill assaults/heavies.

MY opinion: offmap-strikes dont belong in a mechwarrior game. WW2, COD, any other generic shooter, thats where those things belong: 20th century technology in 20th/21st century confilcts, not in the year 3050!

Well, in the end, the devs will decide whether or not its suitable for this game, hopefully its just a big test.

A picture of a possible future: No one uses heavy or assault mechs if they dont go at least 80 kph. So the games will feature only light and medium, loaded with offmap-strikes. The few heavies that CAN go 80 will be using XLs, now being even more vulnerable to heavy weapons a light can carry. Well, no future for me.

At the moment its just something i endure and hope for better times. But enduring sth. isnt entertaining, nor funny.

By the way: Yeah it cost Cbills. Thats not an argument for someone who has 100+ million of them in the bank.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users