• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 18 November 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

Definitely remember that. It's always nice to see familiar faces from the forum and then shoot at them with lasers! Even the ones I occassionally disagree with. Or maybe especially those :ph34r:

I believe I died very shortly after ambushing you with an AC20 in my Yen Lo Wang. You had a bunch of friends coming up behind you, but I couldn't pass on the opportunity to go after you in a blaze of glory. Looking forward to Alistair vs Joseph part deux :(

As am I. :ph34r:

#122 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:12 AM

Indeed.... worst system/matchmaker ever.

Here is a nice example for the glorious matchmaker. You will see that the best players of the defeated team had similar match-score-points like the worst players of the opponents. And this is just an example, I saw many games like this.

It seems that one team is always the "Cannon-Fodder Team", with the exception of a few games. And of course we had this 11 vs 12 bug.... as usual I was thrown into the secondary fill-in team with a high chance to have this bug. Thx pgi for this wonderful matchmaker....

Posted Image

#123 FerretGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

View PostSnowhawk, on 21 November 2013 - 02:12 AM, said:

Here is a nice example for the glorious matchmaker.

You were two down. That played a bigger role than any Elo or weight issues. **** happens dude... get over it. I bet you could play for a week and not be down two in another match.

#124 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostFerretGR, on 21 November 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

I bet you could play for a week and not be down two in another match.

Looool.... today I made a secondary account just for fun. And now guess what?

In the first match my team had just 10 players (I'm not talking about disconnects.... I'm talking about this matchmaker bug).... And no, this is not a joke. So, I think you lost the bet.

#125 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

Weird. I can't remember the last time I was down 2 in a match, and I play daily. Bad luck is to blame, no need to get worked up about it.

#126 Asakara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 977 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:40 AM

I suspect there may be a rare bug with grouping which causes a team to be short. The other night I was in a group with friends when a couple had to go. That left two of us. We dropped into a match and our team was short two in our lance (i.e. just my friend and I made up lance Alpha).

After that game another friend came online and joined our group making us a 3 man. Every time we pressed launch it would instantly fail with the popup. This happened 6 times in a row.. No searching, just insta-fail.

I then broke up the group and re-made it and we dropped with zero issues from then on.

#127 SubXulu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

For what its worth .. I agree with you. When the MM decides its time for you to lose its so painfully obvious, 4 of you team will be dead within a minute of the first 'encounter'. Then its pure luck if the other lance follows 'your lance' and at least offers a degree of resistance, or head straight in to avenge the first fallen 4 ... and die just as fast as they did :|

The end result is pretty demoralising. I would be quite happy getting wupped all night in competitive games. These stomps just plain suck though.

#128 H Seldon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

Yeah MM is pretty bad sometimes. Just has a match (should have made a screenshot), where the other team had 8 assaults. 5 were DDCs, 1 RS, 1 battlemaster and 1 stalker. Our team had 4 assault, 2 victors, 1 stalker, 1 BLR-1S (me). No ECM and it was on canyon so we couldn't cap. Around a 200 ton difference. It ended up being a really good match. We lost 11-12. I did 1041 damage, another guy on the team did 700+. It was a shame we lost but was a fun match.

#129 KisZ

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostRyan Steel, on 15 November 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

Hey I'm there in the medium weight class, what a surprise ;)

#130 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:53 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 15 November 2013 - 03:11 AM, said:

How much of a difference do you think it would make if premades were separated from PUGs? Would the matchmaker still be too bad, or would that be enough to make the game enjoyable?

Sincere question, not sarcasm.

That was a very cerebral question... kudos.

IMHO even if PUG and PMs were to get separate queues, the reality is both groups will have outliers that will mitigate the desired effect.

There will always be highly skilled PUG players who are forces unto themselves... and you will have PMs who fancy themselves elite, who truly are not and stand in stark contrast against the PMs that are truly dominant.

#131 Tombstoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:11 AM

Kills / Death 900 / 1,083 Wins / Losses 831 / 894 Kill / Death Ratio 0.83 Accumulative C-Bills Per Match 104,692.81 Avg. XP Per Match 507.79

Are these the Stats of a good player - the question becomes how do you then quantify team work and damage done to damage received. is that not a better metric of a good player. one who knows how to use positioning and cover. what about kill steals.

My stats are a reflection of who i'm grouped with. if they suck... i suck. i cant out play stupid.

#132 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:15 AM

View PostProfiteer, on 15 November 2013 - 02:55 AM, said:

I play in a high ELO bracket. Don't give me ****, I just do.

Here's how it goes:

My team stomps the enemy 12-0, 12-1 for several games. The enemy team is basically nobodies +1-2 good players.

Then the match maker decides I have won too much so it puts me against 2 top level 4-mans while stacking my side with 1st day newbs who I could out damage by walking backwards at the enemy and shooting my weapons in the air.

Now don't get me wrong... I DO NOT WANT TO CLUB SEALS.

I have long since stop taking pleasure at destroying a bunch of nobodies.

What I'm asking for is a system that puts me up against the best players in the game WHILE PUTTING THE SAME LEVEL PLAYERS ON MY TEAM.

The current match maker/elo is so terrible I'm seeing more and more players I used to group with fade away or get frustrated like myself.

Please consider changing to a ranking system so that only players of a similar level play with each other. This would stop newbs being crushed, and higher level players getting p1ssed off with teams that haven't got a clue.

Cheers!

Dude I wanna keep getting crushed by you till I can crush you back. I hope they never fix MM so I only face my peers. Gimme as random of battles as you can give me so I never know what to expect!

#133 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostRyan Steel, on 15 November 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

It's not just that. All the guys on our TS have been noticing some really off gameplay lately. As a skilled player yourself, you know what it means to know the game through and through, right to its soul. You know how many shots you need to take a certain mech out, you know where their hitboxes are, so on and so forth. End Crescendo started a thread a couple days ago expressing his grievances with the game. We are not damaging what we're hitting. 2 days ago I had my 732 vs 2 last enemy mechs (a treb and a spider). While the treb was at around 450 meters heavily damaged I fired off a 45 alpha at him for 0 damage. As he approached I then fired a 35 alpha for no damage and he finally closed in on me. Kaffeangst was dead and was spectating, which means he was witnessing my aim server-side. I landed each and every one of my hits on his mech and it did absolutely no damage. When he closed in on me, I had 8 rounds of gauss left and he had an open red left torso. I nailed my gauss hits on his open torso and not only did it not register damage, but it didn't even register the hit (red crosshair) for all 8 remaining rounds. Kaffe confirmed that I had landed these hits while spectating me and was aghast. This is a first person shooter game that does not allow you to damage what you aim at. When it comes to doing damage to me I take tons of it. It's not like a few months ago where not only would i not register damage to the enemy, but they would not register on me either. No, now I get hit for damage commensurate with the weapon being used and I do none in return a good chunk of the time.

The worst part is that I accrue massive amounts of heat with no beneficial trade-off. I'm willing to manage the high heat penalty that comes with using 3 PPCs but it's unacceptable for me to pay the penalty in heat without being able to damage what I hit.

And because we are so connected to the game in terms of our depth of understanding of it, we know that something has been done in the past ~3 weeks. We're absolutely certain of it. It's not just me. Between hit detection, weird lagging bugs, ridiculous FPS spikes and the worst matchmaking that I think I've ever seen (and believe me, we've bested the odds against us in the past. We've emerged victorious in instances where we were designed to lose), we think we're being trolled by the devs. I've solo dropped against Luna Wolves, SwK, and SJR in a medium mech and to top it off, I had not a single top tier player to back me up. This is BS. I've ridden the worst storms that this game has had to offer and I've never posted a complaint thread about it ever, until now. Every single person on our Lords TS no longer feels like the game is fun anymore as we get screwed mutliplefold:

1. We can't find a match in our assaults without a person in an alt account dropping with us and after we submitted support tickets we were told to pilot mediums
2. We are not damaging what we hit, which is basically taking one of our strongest strengths (crack aim) and rendering it inert
3. We get shot in the back by our teammates, sometimes critting our weapons and a good percentage of our shots are blocked by said teammates. We get blocked into killboxes.
4. We face 12 guys that are great players vs the 4 of us and we get dropped with the absolute worst players I've ever seen.

~3 weeks ago there was nothing we couldn't overcome, even running a 2 or 3 man. We tanked damage for the team, we went 1v12, 2v12, 4v12 and carried our pugs successfully even against a full team of good players. We did damage to what we hit. We hardly lost. We were finishing nights with 25-1 W-L with 25 KDRs without a sweat. Of course we want the challenge, but make it hard, not stupid. It looks like there's some players here that know what I'm talking about. They've done something, what I do not know, but something is wrong.

View PostMister Blastman, on 15 November 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

Your sentiments echo mine exactly.

I thought it was just me who is getting screwed on hit detection this past week. I've had some obscene moments where I'd face off against an enemy mech up close, they'd have a red CT, I'd have him plus two others on me and I'd fire salvo after salvo into the red CT and not a SINGLE SHOT would count for any damage. Over and over.

I'd get blown up of course and the enemy would walk away laughing at my rubber bullets. This has happened MULTIPLE times every single night and I dare say I'm having damage dropped every single drop repeatedly. It's disgusting.

Some enemy damage is being dropped, but it is rare. So rare I'd say that 99.99% of enemy shots that hit me do damage but on rare occasion it won't. Statistically speaking this is impossible, right? That my damage would be dropped constantly but theirs not?

I'm glad ya'll are seeing the same things that I am. Teammates backshotting, bad matchmaking, poor damage, all of it.

I love running my mediums but damn, it is impossible to carry in a BJ-1 versus four highlanders and four miseries.

I said this months ago. It's why I stopped playing. Only about a third of my hits registered. Glad you guys finally caught up to my level.

GG Close Gooserifled

#134 Sheraf

• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:14 AM

View PostJoey Tankblaster, on 15 November 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

Where can I read out my ELO bracket? Just curious ...

You usually just think of one and write it out :D

#135 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostJoey Tankblaster, on 15 November 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

Where can I read out my ELO bracket? Just curious ...

You beat me to it.

Every thread that starts with "My ELO is ...." is based on an unknown value in a system not designed for matching groups but that does so in an unknown way selecting from a player base of unknown size and ranking.

So pretty much a waste of space. :D

#136 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

Posted Image

It's funny because it wasn't even 2 full 4 mans and profan DC taking a STKM off our team as well.

#137 Kekkone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 21 December 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

Posted Image

It's funny because it wasn't even 2 full 4 mans and profan DC taking a STKM off our team as well.

That's some superhigh Elo maneuvers right there!

#138 ExplodedZombie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 338 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA, U.S.A.

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

Your (and the community's) use of the word "nobodies" makes me cringe. When did we get so high and mighty playing a video game?

#139 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

Oh wait, nevermind, I read that wrong.

Edited by Bagheera, 21 December 2013 - 12:57 PM.

#140 Jay Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 209 posts
  • LocationJumpship in the Periphery

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:56 AM

Just give me a new solo MW campaign that is decent in length with enough replayability and I'm outa here........

As it is, this is the only show in town, so guess I'm just gunna suck it up and pay over more dollars. No point b*tching, we get what they give us and I'm just going to bend over and take it :P

38 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 38 guests, 0 anonymous users