• Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostDihm, on 18 November 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

Have fun.

We will. Have a nice Yule.

Alright. I sent out messages to three members who were part of the Ooski Irregulars, but none of them have responded. Guess I'll try to make an account on their forums. Also gonna make posts in the Kungsarme forum for some of the units who haven't gotten back to me.

#23 MagnusEffect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

Personally, I'm annoyed as **** we still have to synch drop if we want to do organized tourney (which isn't even that reliable). I find it just so damn frustrating when there are perfectly serviceable examples of F2P games that allow for private machmaking. I really do want to play more MWO, but Piranha needs to bring more to the table than just limited semi-random deathmatch. Accusations about us not playing MWO, are highly overrated. Honestly, we are just a bit depressed about the whole current state of affairs. I'm not speaking for the 'borg, but the impression I get is that a lot of us are still watching, hoping for the best, fingers crossed. That will change as we start getting more of the game features that we were all originally promised.

I really don't think it is an unfair expectation to at least have the ability to set up a true game lobby and fight who we want, when we want.

...hopefully sooner rather than later.

Just my two cents.

(also, what Damon Howe said)

Either way, good luck with your tourney guys.

Edited by MagnusEffect, 18 November 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#24 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

Okay, understandable. Lots of people would not disagree with you - at all.

But this is for the people who are playing and want to have a community event. It's clear you guys aren't interested so please allow the thread to progress more towards the tournament.

#25 MagnusEffect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 18 November 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

Okay, understandable. Lots of people would not disagree with you - at all.

But this is for the people who are playing and want to have a community event. It's clear you guys aren't interested so please allow the thread to progress more towards the tournament.

(EDIT: apologies.. i misread your first statement :ph34r: )

I'm not intending to derail the conversation. I actually do appreciate what you guys are attempting to do here and simply wanted to express that our feelings on the matter are not as negative as some people feel compelled to carry on about (Dihm is a sarcastic, but lovable *******, don't mind him :( ).

My main point is this: we've done this before with other synch dropping tourneys. Many of us genuinely commend the spirit of what you are planning and hope it goes well for you, but I think we are sitting out on most of these until more game features are implemented. I think when the game has matured in development a bit more, there are many of us that would be happy to join you in a tourney... myself included. (again, unofficial statement)

If some people can't respect that. Oh well. I will leave it there.

Edited by MagnusEffect, 18 November 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#26 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

We've done a fair bit of sync-dropping and our own sync-drop powered tournament's been a smashing success.

http://youtu.be/jqbR9EvyWNg

We understand the difficulties involved and are willing to weather them for an original and unique experience within the game. Specifically one that will draw the entire FRR community together in time to properly celebrate Yule.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 18 November 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#27 Grim DeGrim

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:33 AM

That's unfortunate that some folks feel that way. Please continue sitting on the sidelines!

For those interested, the process is extremely easy. Both sides set match type to conquest and then sync the drop. In all the nights we've done this I can only think of 2 where it was a challenge:

Practice night with Carrion Crows
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=29_JsjUwsOg
BLOODSMOOT 1
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=xZ3sSFf6nMA
BLOODSMOOT 2
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=jqbR9EvyWNg
Innser Sphere Wars vs. 36th Dieron Regulars
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=A3Mb2DjU4D0

Just a few recorded. But you get the idea!

Edited by Grim DeGrim, 19 November 2013 - 03:21 PM.

#28 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

Would be great to get in on some of this, but I'll be out of town for work on the 7th. I'll be tracking the thread anyway just for fun.

#29 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

Just dropped by to say that Blue Vengeance will probably be there, first few responses are good this far. I hope Ill be able to give you some provisional numbers on how much guys we bring, later this week. It would be great though if you had some time of day in mind when it is going to happen. Since we´re 9 hours up I´d like to give our guys the possibility to plan ahead.

So long, I´m looking forward to it but I´m sure we´ll do a drop or two sometime before that.

Edited by Klappspaten, 19 November 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#30 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

Thanks Klapps, I appreciate it =)

#31 Vhetra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 187 posts
  • LocationRadstadt

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

I can't say anything for certain, but I doubt we'd be able to make it. I'll drop little hints into ears, but we're really discouraged with MWO in general. Or at least I am and I haven't seen many of our members online for the past week or so.

It seems like we're just sitting around waiting for MWO to not suck. Also having to synch drop is annoying.

Are there going to be any kind of weapons/hardpoint restrictions? I know in the original post you said you wouldn't by default, but I think forcing everyone to play 'stock' builds would be awesome. The current meta is ****, as it always is, and if it's just going to be a bunch of high-alpha poptarting mechs then what's the point?

Personally I think 'competitive' MWO play is a joke, but if we can get enough members to jump on, get drunk, and have a good time, then that would be worth it.

#32 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

View PostVhetra, on 19 November 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

I can't say anything for certain, but I doubt we'd be able to make it. I'll drop little hints into ears, but we're really discouraged with MWO in general. Or at least I am and I haven't seen many of our members online for the past week or so.

It seems like we're just sitting around waiting for MWO to not suck. Also having to synch drop is annoying.

Are there going to be any kind of weapons/hardpoint restrictions? I know in the original post you said you wouldn't by default, but I think forcing everyone to play 'stock' builds would be awesome. The current meta is ****, as it always is, and if it's just going to be a bunch of high-alpha poptarting mechs then what's the point?

My hope is that making one 'mech from each weight class we significantly reduce the chance of any sort of useful poptarting meta in the 4v4s. But, if you and the other participants are still worried about it we can probably set a few basic weapon system rules.

But before we get into that you actually have to commit to the Yule Tournament =)

Personally I think 'competitive' MWO play is a joke, but if we can get enough members to jump on, get drunk, and have a good time, then that would be worth it.

That's the plan good sir! This should be very different from competitive/meta MWO.

#33 Cruxs

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMy parents basment.

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

This sounds awesome Mech! I joined The Isengrim about a month ago and played in my first bloodsmoot last weekend. It was a lot of fun. I think it would be great to battle some of our FRR brethren in a tournament! Get prepared for CW. I guess if we can't get other outside units involved we will still have a good time blowing up robots ourselves. But as always the more the merrier. I hope some of you guys that have taken a break from the game will join us.

#34 Darkwing_Duck

• PipPip
  • Sergeant
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 17 November 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

Neither Roenn of the 168th or Gevurah of the 1st Hussars has read my PM yet, so waiting on them as well.

Gevurah is currently off world and we do not know when he will return. I would be happy to forward any messages to the 1st Hussars.

#35 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:24 AM

Hey Therul! I've already spoken to Tabu 73 and Koil about participating. They mentioned to me that Gevurah is on leave and there is a bit of uncertainty regarding the current hierarchy of the 1st Hussars. I'd appreciate it immensely if you did pass on the message though, I would really like you guys to be a part of this.

#36 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

Hey Dane, looks like we will be there with 2 Lances.
I cant promise anything though because of the time difference, but it should be about that.

#37 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:02 AM

Danke!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users