Make Narc More Appealing To Lights

1 reply to this topic

#1 Arctourus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

Dropping the weight for a NARC launcher to 1 ton instead of 3 would go a long way to making it something that I light might actually use. NARCs have a very short range. No missile boat is going to get close enough to an enemy to use it. Rather, it's for lights who want to run up to an enemy, tag it with a narc and then flee so the missile support from their team can pound it. However, at three tons, lights like the locust will never choose to use it as weight is so precious.

Also, in canon, I believe, the NARC causes missiles to home on it even if they don't have lock. That may not work in terms of balancing, but it would be fun to tag someone with a narc and see all of the missiles in the vicinity suddenly veer towards them. I know it doesn't exist in the timeline yet, but there is an alternate ammo that has a shaped charge instead of a homing beacon.

#2 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

PGI has been pretty adamant about not changing the weight of any weapons or equipment, so the first part isn't going to happen. I believe the reasoning is that it messes up the stock configs (hahaha :[ ).

Yes, NARC does do that. And it probably should do that in this game too, though I believe it is only friendly missiles, not all missiles. Of course, in canon SRMs are seeking missiles as well, albeit not as strongly seeking as SSRMs. I'm guessing that NARC will never get its ability to guide munitions for the same reasons that SRMs currently do not seek targets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users