5 replies to this topic

#1 elde

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

Hi,

Do you people use Mad Catz mice? Plenty of buttons, customizable grip etc, perfect for gaming.

I haven't been able to find a decent profile for MWO for the mouse though. This is a shot in the dark, but does any of you have any that you'd like to share?

I've seen people do nice things with AutoHotKey etc, but not with this software. Anyone?

#2 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

I use a R.A.T. 7. I haven't found it necessary to write a profile for this game. I don't use more than four weapon groups which is fine for mouse 1 and 2 along with the two thumb triggers. I've got thermal and night vision bound to the knob in the center and advanced zoom bound to the button under the scroll wheel. Hope this helps you.

#3 elde

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

Thanks for the tip. I saw a nice macro created with AutoHotKey that used mouse scroll to reach x1.0, x1.5 and x3.0 magnifications when scrolling up, returning to normal view when scrolling down, and wondered if anyone had created anything like that for the RATs.

I guess I'll check the keybindings and decide what I want to be bound on the mouse instead of the keyboard. I don't normally use more than 4 weapon groups myself either, so there's plenty more room on my MMO7 to bind stuff to.

#4 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

Interresting thread, as I was thinking of buying one of those mice myself.

Anything I should look out for with these mice. Are there any known problems or things to get used to comming over from a regular mouse after everything is set up?

Thanks in advance for any feedback :)

P. S. I know this isnt a thread for user feedback or buying advice... but I didnt want to clutter up the forums with too many threads about the same hardware and the original question seems to be answered (Plus others might have more profiles which I could use later on ;) )

#5 VitusFitzWoven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 528 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:39 AM

I'm using a Mad Catz M.M.O. 7 - bought it because of the many buttons and the button locations.

Be warned: for such an expensive mouse the quality is rather poor! The outer thumb button broke 2 month after i bought it - had to fix it with tape to get it working again (the taped button works fine until now - 6 month later).

For such an expensive mouse there are a few flaws:
- poor quality (see above)
- pettish laser (a fluff or lash will kill youre aiming ;-) )

Notheless i like this mouse:
+ plenty of options to get all the functions you need in reach of your fingers ;-)
+ all thumb buttons are reachable without removing your thumb from the side
-> you just need to roll your thumb slightly to trigger the buttons
-> so you never lose grip and control while aiming
+ the mouse got a special aming button that slows the speed down when held (good for long range sniping)

My actual layout (it changes from time to time):

Posted Image

Some users seem to have lagging issues with this mouse. I use it on a 64 bit Win7 and never experienced lags.

Edited by VitusFitzWoven, 26 November 2013 - 04:40 AM.

#6 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

I have the RAT 7 MMO.

I try not to use to many different weapon groups tbh.

What i have done however is disable ActionLock, so i can use those buttons as proper extra buttons.
I have a stager fire keystroke asigned to the inner left button for use with my jaggermech.
It bassicaly fires like a macro but will stop firing as soon as i let go, unlike a simple macro that will keep shooting till the end of the macro. its not actualy classed as a macro under the MAdCatz software, its just a series of keystrokes.

I use the top front, mid front, and bottom thumb buttons for extra weapon groups (4,5,6) I have weapon group 1 and 2 on left and right click, 3 on spacebar (i never use JJ's.. to broken ..dont start :P ) I have the sniper button set to reduce DPi by 80%, i normaly run at 1000 with MWO.

TBH for MWO i dont use the extra buttons much, with my hand size i find half of the thumb buttons to hard to reach whilst mainting precision aiming, however for MMO's (hence the mouse name) they are fine.

Dont forget u also have the 'shift' button to shift between primary and secondary Modes on the fly. (thats the button on the right side of the ***** near the front)

I dont have an issue with the quality myself, i used ot use a Logitech G5, so this is a big upgrade, the only thing i dont like is the wire/cable, i hate braided cables on mice ..they kink like crazy..really wish manufactuers would stop using them. ..PSu cables, and other 'in case' cables are fine for looks, but for mice. . nooo.

EDIT: oh and the pinky rest is awesome ..all mice should have it.

Edited by ArmageddonKnight, 26 November 2013 - 10:46 AM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users