Anyone Run The New 29 Inch Monitor?

7 replies to this topic

#1 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:52 AM

Just curious. DOes mwo look good with the new 29 inch monitors?

#2 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:21 AM

They're not exactly "new" new, but yes, I have a dell 2913WM. Slightly expanded field of view @ 2560 x 1080, heck of a lot simpler to configure than 3 screen eyefinity, and doesn't make a dent in my GPU.

I caught the dell on a deal on newegg, got it for $450. Comes with 0 dead pixel promise for 3 years. They honor it, I went through 4 screens before I found one that fit my . . exacting standards. Uses the same panel as the more expensive LG [mfg by LG]

In addition, if you have movies that are 21:9, it's absolutely epic NO BLACK LINES! If you're watching something in 4:3, tons of black lines, but you can't have everything ^^

Just bear in mind that while MwO supports 21:9 and it works well [I think I lost maybe 2 FPS over 1920 x 1080 if that] not all games support the rez

#3 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

View PostSen, on 16 November 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

They're not exactly "new" new, but yes, I have a dell 2913WM. Slightly expanded field of view @ 2560 x 1080, heck of a lot simpler to configure than 3 screen eyefinity, and doesn't make a dent in my GPU.

I caught the dell on a deal on newegg, got it for $450. Comes with 0 dead pixel promise for 3 years. They honor it, I went through 4 screens before I found one that fit my . . exacting standards. Uses the same panel as the more expensive LG [mfg by LG]

In addition, if you have movies that are 21:9, it's absolutely epic NO BLACK LINES! If you're watching something in 4:3, tons of black lines, but you can't have everything ^^

Just bear in mind that while MwO supports 21:9 and it works well [I think I lost maybe 2 FPS over 1920 x 1080 if that] not all games support the rez

ty. its mwo and star citizen for the forseeable future. so. m gud. TY for reply. Sounds great.

#4 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

I love my LG29EA93

that's one of the ones you mean right?

many times it gives me a rather nice tactical advantage

when I'm dead I sometimes tell my mates: look out on you're right, its just that I can see the enemy, my mates probably cant

a look from my jenner
Posted Image

and my highlander

Posted Image

Hunchback 4SP

Posted Image

Edited by Peter2k, 17 November 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#5 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

View Postmekabuser, on 16 November 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

Just curious. DOes mwo look good with the new 29 inch monitors?

I'm running it on a 42" and it looks good, so I'd assume so.

EDIT: Ah I see what you mean, hadn't seen these yet. I'm gonna have to check one out!

Edited by Victor Morson, 17 November 2013 - 02:58 PM.

#6 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

Yes, MWO looks very nice on a 30-inch monitor. Everything is crisper, and you see details farther out. Provided you can run it, that is. You need a very recent GPU+CPU combination because of how "optimized" the game is at the moment. My rig can not break 30fps consistently unless I set it all to Low.

#7 Clit Beastwood

• 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostModo44, on 17 November 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

Yes, MWO looks very nice on a 30-inch monitor. Everything is crisper, and you see details farther out. Provided you can run it, that is. You need a very recent GPU+CPU combination because of how "optimized" the game is at the moment. My rig can not break 30fps consistently unless I set it all to Low.

It wasn't regarding the size - the 29 inch hes talking about has a wider than usual aspect ratio, giving you more peripheral vision.

#8 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:33 AM

View PostFierostetz, on 21 November 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

It wasn't regarding the size - the 29 inch hes talking about has a wider than usual aspect ratio, giving you more peripheral vision.

like my post

those pics are with standard fov, nothing edited there
its realy nice wide and u can actually use the side windows to look out of them

I like it also more because I dont have a bezel in the middle

I also "overclocked" my display to have 75 Hz, makes it actually nicer than the 60Hz

Edit:

HOWEVER:
Bioshock Infinite looks great as well, but Skyrim need a workaround for the native resolution, and some games like Starcraft 2 will never have real native resolution for 2560x1080 as it seems

Blizzard seems thinks its a too big an advantage against other players (was reading that on the starcraft forums at the time)

Edited by Peter2k, 26 November 2013 - 03:57 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users