• 6,950 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:13 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 16 November 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

Locust

1 Med Laser
2 Machine guns

Need I say more.

No, you've embarrassed yourself enough. :P The Locust's armament was standard for its weight class at the time, and its speed made it an excellent scout, particularly in double-blind games where that mattered. Its ability to reach certain breakpoints in speed is also the reason its legs are ~20% less tough in proportion to its weight than heavier 'mechs in MWO - because they used the numbers from tabletop, where the extra fragility was a tradeoff for those breakpoints.

#122 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:55 PM

View Postiliashan, on 11 December 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

Daboku in my opinion is the worst...and the funniest.

The result of a Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery think tank tasked with gleaning information from the Helm Memory Core, the Daboku was unveiled in 3038 to little fanfare. A near-instant failure with flaws in almost every major system, the 'Mech was nonetheless hurried to the front lines for the War of 3039 where it became both a laughing stock and a virtual death sentence for Kuritan pilots. Problems with the CASE system protecting the ammunition bins resulted in the auto-eject triggering when the torso armor was struck in a certain manner. DCMS MechWarriors found

themselves rocketing above the battlefield, often at the most inopportune moments, and ultimately took to disabling the auto-eject. Other problems included lasers that were prone to overheat, over-taxing the already burdened heat sinks, and routine jamming of the autocannon ammunition feeds, the result of an improperly designed chest cavity.
Combined, these problems persuaded the DCMS to shelve the design after the conflict. It was revisited in the 3040's and thanks to a further understanding of Star League technology ultimately became the successful MAL-1R Mauler.

Kinda like the Chevy of battletech? Lol just kidding not looking to start a war here.

#123 jarien13

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:11 PM

View PostDamien Tokala, on 22 September 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

centurion.

why? at max, three weapons. blow off the arm, it's a useless husk with two med lasers

Obviously you've never faced my a well piloted Centurion CN9-A running 2 MPlas in the CT and 3 SRM6+A in the LT.

Edited by jarien13, 22 September 2014 - 09:21 PM.

#124 Bespoke Cheese Cake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 225 posts
  • LocationThem Interwebs, often in K-Town

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:05 AM

Not sure if its the worst mech ever, but I could never get the Strider to work for me.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Strider

#125 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:14 AM

Daboku
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Daboku

"Problems with the CASE system protecting the ammunition bins resulted in the auto-eject triggering when the torso armor was struck in a certain manner. DCMS MechWarriors found themselves rocketing above the battlefield, often at the most inopportune moments"

#126 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:26 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 16 November 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

Urbanmech.

how dare you!!!

i will show you that one game out of a million when i did 1000 damage and 8 kills.

#127 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 22 September 2014 - 06:13 PM, said:

No, you've embarrassed yourself enough. :P The Locust's armament was standard for its weight class at the time, and its speed made it an excellent scout, particularly in double-blind games where that mattered. Its ability to reach certain breakpoints in speed is also the reason its legs are ~20% less tough in proportion to its weight than heavier 'mechs in MWO - because they used the numbers from tabletop, where the extra fragility was a tradeoff for those breakpoints.

My favorite game of Table Top I EVER played (not necessarily my best, but DEFINITELY my favorite) was one in which I, through supreme force of luck, managed to kill a Rifleman and a Warhammer in two consecutive turns in a Locust.

Managed to get position right behind and just above a Rifleman that had taken what it thought to be a relatively safe sniper nest spot, and then ignored the insignificant Locust that cruised up behind it and ended up kicking it's head clean off. Next turn, charge full speed down the hill and rammed the Warhammer at the bottom. He fails his piloting skill roll, falls on his back, damages his back armor, which ends up being enough to also damage his internals, which ends up resulting in a crit to his MG ammo...boom dead.

Never in my life have I done anything else even remotely close to that awesome in any other game of TT.

#128 Just wanna play

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:37 AM

View Postjarien13, on 22 September 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

Obviously you've never faced my a well piloted Centurion CN9-A running 2 MPlas in the CT and 3 SRM6+A in the LT.

We are talking about mechs with their actual set-ups, not custom ones

#129 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

View PostAhasver, on 02 December 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

Well try a Boardgame with some Clan Mechs on the other side equipped with Targeting Computer, ER Large Laser and Streak 6 and tell me the game ist still fun.

I'll raise you a C3 lance with two slaved Highlanders, and slaved Locust....

#130 jarien13

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:37 PM

View PostJust wanna play, on 08 October 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

We are talking about mechs with their actual set-ups, not custom ones

Umm...

View PostMarauderBronze, on 16 November 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

I see a lot of posts discussing the worst mechs in MWO, and also many posts discussing what is the best mech in MWO/Battletech Lore that people would love to see brought to life.

I'm wondering, what is the absolute WORST mech ever conceived across any and all Battletech related media (books, tabletop, video games, ANYTHING) in your opinion?

Guess I took too literal (and too liberal) of an interpretation of the OP then.

Edited by jarien13, 08 October 2014 - 09:41 PM.

#131 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:25 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 16 November 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

Locust

1 Med Laser
2 Machine guns

Need I say more.

Still better than a Cicada.

#132 Erkki

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:52 PM

For tabletop, there's such an incredible number of poor designs, my personal favourite(not necessarily worst one) is the Shadow Hawk SHD-7M.

Super expensive XL-engine medium with high tech weaponry. 8 LRM volleys, 16 light gauss. Light gauss explodes practically every time, well it still has good firepower after it loses that arm but because there's 2 other types of ammo on board too for LRM and SSRM, you have to keep the automatic ejection on. Because the CASE only protects that non-exploding gauss ammo in LT, but not the others that are in CT and RT. Some of the worst 1447 BV or 13 million C-Bills ever.

#133 Erkki

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:50 AM

The Ost meks are actually mostly average to very good compared to their tonnage and BV value(they are often min-maxed). Ostscout especially! Not every mek needs to be a Timber Wolf...

#134 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:57 AM

BC1-HM ... the bicycle-mech .
0.014 tons of mass, no armor/no weaponry besides what the rider brings along/is able to wear and can fire while simultaneously keeping control of his vehicle .

gnihihihi

Edited by Rad Hanzo, 18 November 2014 - 01:58 AM.

#135 David Sumner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:53 PM

View PostSkylarr, on 30 November 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

It is only 400 points of damage. (200 shots per ton x 2 points of damage per shot = 400). I would not call it the worse Mech ever since it is suppose to be a scout Mech. As a scout Mech it usually would encounter other light Mechs and infantry. The problem is the MG ammo rule. I feel they should operate like a mini Rotary A/C 2. Keep the range limit to 90 meters. It was introduced when they were trying to keep the rules simple. I have used House Rules in the past were you rolled a d6 for ammo consumption after each use.

Salamander.
Missile, XL, no case
We had "optional" reactor explosion rules in a game.
The salamander went up, its reactor went up, taking out the surrounding mechs (1/20 chance)
ALL their reactors went up. Almost all the mechs in range of them ALSO went up.

The GM just went for "you broke the city" (and we were outside the walls)

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users