Remove Kdr From Statistics.

72 replies to this topic

Poll: Remove KDR and replace it with KAR. (130 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you support this suggestion?

1. Yes (76 votes [58.46%])

Percentage of vote: 58.46%

2. No (44 votes [33.85%])

Percentage of vote: 33.85%

3. Abstain (10 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 RogueDK

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 67 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:35 AM

Absolutly agree. Having "selfish" stats in a teambased game, is stupid. Reward people for working together. Have stats for how many times you got a saviour kill, or got a bonus cap: (We need a xp or cbill boost when we cap. It would help people acturally try to cap on conquest maps)

#62 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:43 AM

View PostRogueDK, on 01 December 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

Absolutly agree. Having "selfish" stats in a teambased game, is stupid. Reward people for working together. Have stats for how many times you got a saviour kill, or got a bonus cap: (We need a xp or cbill boost when we cap. It would help people acturally try to cap on conquest maps)

stat can't be selfish its a stat it shows how well you do and its not stupid to have them. Why not have all stats there is no need to remove anything ask for button to remove it from your profiles because I want to keep mine.

#63 RogueDK

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 67 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

View PostDiego Angelus, on 01 December 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

stat can't be selfish its a stat it shows how well you do and its not stupid to have them. Why not have all stats there is no need to remove anything ask for button to remove it from your profiles because I want to keep mine.

The K/D stat promotes selfish behavior. Too many people use the meta builds and/or hide when they are about to die to "statpad" their K/D stat. I've even seen people stay back and hide until the match is almost over, in hopes they can get some easy kills on badly damaged mechs.
Get rid of the K/D stat, it makes people ******** and brag about stats they got from being ********.

#64 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:06 AM

View PostRogueDK, on 01 December 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

The K/D stat promotes selfish behavior. Too many people use the meta builds and/or hide when they are about to die to "statpad" their K/D stat. I've even seen people stay back and hide until the match is almost over, in hopes they can get some easy kills on badly damaged mechs.
Get rid of the K/D stat, it makes people ******** and brag about stats they got from being ********.

Well my stats sucks and I don't play selfish nor I see people that brag about stats. People will play same with or without stats and since stats are private and not public there is no need to remove them, also people will use cheese builds no matter what because those are proven best and I have no idea why you get pugs so seriously. If someone wants to go and hide who am I to tell him how he should have fun same goes for every other stupid thing people do hell I'm planning to run ac 40 BJ1 would you rage at me for doing that in a pug ? Try to find fun in those stats in stead of bad try to measure your performance in mech and see how your play style reflects that and moment you change something notice how those stats change for better or worse.

#65 Boyka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:23 AM

I think at the moment these stats are not really functional until a "Start to collect data from now" button will not be added for all owned mech, so I can first do some upgrades and get all basic/elite efficiencies before start a really significtive test with 10, 20, 100 matchs for obtain a mech's efficiency (Killss/Damage/Assists/What do you want).

K/D and W/L stats can be usefull on "ONLY PUG MATCH" and "ONLY PREMADE MATCH", at the moment is more like "I HOPE IN SOME GOOD TEAM MATCH".

For now my vote is Abstain.

Edited by Boyka, 01 December 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#66 RogueDK

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 67 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:35 AM

View PostDiego Angelus, on 01 December 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

Well my stats sucks and I don't play selfish nor I see people that brag about stats.

People brag about stats all the time. Maybe not in game but if you join the clan scene you'll start to notice people in both yout own clan, and people in competing clans brag, or even complain that they just played a {Scrap} match and that it'll affect their stats.

People will play same with or without stats

Not so. As I said before: People do statpad all the time. I've seen it countless times. Ever wonder why that one remaining light, runs off and hides until the match ends? He does not want a death, which would affect his K/D. In the process he keeps everyone wait, while the other team is forced to win by cap.

...also people will use cheese builds no matter what because those are proven best...

Now THAT I agree with. It's a mix between balance issues and meta game. The two will always be in flux, but good developers keep on top of it.

If someone wants to go and hide who am I to tell him how he should have fun same goes for every other stupid thing people do...

Hey I do silly stuff too all the time in MWO. I do builds that I know wont be the most effective, I charge ahead in my badly damaged medium - trying to take out that fresh Atlas... BUT I never do things that makes people sit there and watch me being powered down for 10 minutes, just so I can enjoy a slightly higher stat. Or run off to cap in my fresh assault, when theres a battle going on, because you know... I might die and hurt my perfect spree with this mech.
It's all about thinking about other people and enjoying the game without it affecting other people negatively.

I'm planning to run ac 40 BJ1 would you rage at me for doing that in a pug ?

Lol nope. Just laugh at your attempt. ^^

Try to find fun in those stats in stead of bad try to measure your performance in mech and see how your play style reflects that and moment you change something notice how those stats change for better or worse.

I like the idea of stats as a tool to look up fun facts about your playstyle. My problem with them as they are now is that people change their playstyle to boost their stats, affecting gameplay. If PGI would change the stats into something that was channeling people into working together instead of focusing on stats that would make you less inclined to work as a team, I think the attitude of some people playing this game would change and we would have a more enjoyable time.

Man that was a long post. Sorry about that. I really hope I made my point here. I'm not going to beat this horse anymore here. It's dead. lol

#67 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

View PostRogueDK, on 01 December 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

Wall of text :)

Well I'm in clan (CDS) and in time I played with them and other clans no one even once said word stats, and its obvious that stats has nothing to do with skill because we are playing pugs if there were stats from competitive drops now that would be something worth looking. Now stats are just skeleton of what it should be and wanting to remove anything from that really doesn't make any sense to me. I don't think stats affect people as much as you think. We just need more of stats not less I'm all in for those stats you mention like damage taken and that stuff but really do you need to remove one to add another ?

#68 Pwnocchio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

View PostRogueDK, on 01 December 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

The K/D stat promotes selfish behavior.

Any stat can promote selfish behavior.

Right now you make a lot of money via kill assists, so there is no doubt some players try to damage every mech rather than focusing fire to remove mechs from play.

That doesn't mean we should delete the 'kill assist' stat.

#69 Poppaukko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 236 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

If it was removed it could still be tracked by the players themselves. Removing it serves no purpose other than to make it a bit more harder to track it.

Voted no.

#70 M3rc

Rookie

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 8 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

Voted: Abstain. I think the survey is a bit too narrow, though the dialogue seems to have covered most of it.

I'd like to see several additional stats added and placed with equal emphasis to KDR; stats could be divided into categories and based on weight (eg. Scouting stats, Tank stats, damage stats, etc...)

Furthermore, I'd like to be able to see stats based on time period. My first several hundred matches I really sucked...still do when I try out a new mech. But, since then my KDR has gone up and I've gotten better (especially when driving my favorite builds). I often wonder what my KDR over the last 30-60 days might be...

#71 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

Here is a post from Kyle about stats per mech - can't wait to get it! http://us.reddit.com...znele?context=3

#72 Exarch Levin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

View PostPoppaukko, on 01 December 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

If it was removed it could still be tracked by the players themselves. Removing it serves no purpose other than to make it a bit more harder to track it.

Voted no.

Exactly.

#73 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 03 May 2021 - 04:18 AM

absolutely yes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users