Patch Day - November 19Th - LIVE!

302 replies to this topic

#21 Lynx7725

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

I predict a lot of wailing by soon to be ex-Spider pilots later today and this week.

I thank the PGI team in advance.

#22 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

Ok, thanks for the replies. That clears it up.

#23 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

Pretty yummy stuff all around.

#24 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

SRM and Hit detection fixes please and thank you? Just throwing this back in here for now again. If you can't fix them to make them work at least make them shoot puppies and rainbows so they're interesting to look at!

Posted Image

#25 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

View PostBlackIronTarkus, on 19 November 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

the way I understand it is like the centurion, the shoulder(arms) cover more of the side torso thus making side torso smaller.

Also, catapult pilots are probably disapointed, plus no weapon visualisation on old mech this month. Im tired of my cataphract sporting UAC and AC10 when in reality he is only energy equiped. :S

They changed Catapult weapons visualisation this month.

#26 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

View PostJman5, on 19 November 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

Can't wait to check out the spiders.

Be advised that fast-moving Mechs will still be "hard" to hit because of Lag/Host-State-Rewind deficits... the Hitbox adjustment will probably just reduce damage-spread across torso sections and rather leave your shots concentrating a little more on singular components. It won't be too much of an effect, though, I assume. It should be a nice touch, but not a game-changer.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 19 November 2013 - 09:59 AM.

#27 BigTaeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBotany Bay

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

This patch is fantastic. The changes to the hitboxes are very welcome, and it is nice to know Paul and the rest were listening when we asked for a change to be made to the pelvis.

Thank you for bringing back Fire Selected Weapon Group. I know this was a very sore spot for quite a few people, and while this does not excuse the fact you removed it in the first place, at least now it is back we can forgive and move on.

#28 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

View PostLynx7725, on 19 November 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

I predict a lot of wailing by soon to be ex-Spider pilots later today and this week.

I thank the PGI team in advance.

Yeah. OTOH, I also predict excitement by those of us who like Spiders but felt like we were cheating running them at the chance to take them back out. Hitbox fixes sound good, let's hope hitreg doesn't mean they're still broken.

#29 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

View PostLynx7725, on 19 November 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

Finnaly... Great patch! (seems to be)

#30 Dimitry Matveyev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 122 posts
  • LocationLatvia

Sounds nice!

But as a catapult pilot I am disapointed.

#31 Theodore Laservelt

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

So glad about FSWG ^_^ Although I just began trying to learn to use the 1-6 buttons more. But overall the FSWG is more intuitive for me.

#32 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

Was hoping Awesomes would get their hitboxes spread to larger arms mostly and some side torso increase to migrate the center torso beer belly. Oh well, gotta take the old 8V Barnside for a spin and see for myself after patcher

#33 St4LkeRxF

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 19 November 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

Be advised that fast-moving Mechs will still be "hard" to hit because of Lag/Host-State-Rewind deficits... the Hitbox adjustment will probably just reduce damage-spread across torso sections and rather leave your shots concentrating a little more on singular components. It won't be too much of an effect, though, I assume. It should be a nice touch, but not a game-changer.

Many spider pilots didn't bother to even move they just sit there and didn't die, so if this help to kill ones that don't move i like it.

#34 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

Dear PGI:

You have drawn the last straw. You won't see anymore money from me. Why? Because rather then just getting rid of or actually reducing the annoying cancer that is screen shake from missiles and ballistic weapons, you choose to force us to waste a module slot for a mere convenience. Not to mention your failure to fix the overpowered Air Strike and Artillery Strike modules that can headshot certain Mech's instantly. Your failure to also correct how bad the Ultra AC/5 is with it's asinine jam rate, is another reason why I won't be buying anything, because you fail to fix what is wrong with this game on a consistent basis. You have failed to deliver Community Warfare and UI 2.0 in over a year since announcing both features and you have failed to even be honest with the fans and give us a time frame as to when the content will be out. Right now the Phoenix Project was a waste of a purchase for the medallions because you have yet to deliver the content to support them, so there is no point in having a loyalty medallion when there is nothing to buy or collect. That system should have been in place when the Phoenix Project came out, but it isn't.

G.G PGI, you continue to disappoint your fanbase on a daily basis.

Sincerely

One annoyed customer

#35 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:04 AM

Business as usual, I see. Well maybe one day this game won't suck anymore.

#36 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

Nice patch, thanks.

#37 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 19 November 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

Looks like a solid patch and I'm excited for more...a question though. Wasn't the biggest complaint about the Awesome that it had HUGE side Torsos? So why are they now even bigger? (Shoulder change)

Not at all. It was the center torso people were complaining about as it has been up to this point huge. Hopefully this puts the mech in line with the rest of the assaults. It will be interesting to see how this affects the Pretty Baby and 9M though since those are XL mechs.

#38 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

It's nice to "add back" the UAV destruction bonus that was forgotten many months ago.

#39 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

Looks like the Atlas might be even tougher. Though that won't help XL Atlases.

#40 Whatzituyah

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

We should really be lucky we have something to reduce screen shake. Enjoy what you got as a module "its better off that way because less screen shake=better aim its an advantage"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users