4 replies to this topic

#1 The Government

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationReading, Pennsylvania

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

I have to say, that's an impressive back story -- very cool.

I don't think we're gonna get clans in this game though, nor are we going to be able to make custom content or sigils or... heck anything really.

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

Combining Clan Blood Spirit with Clan Goliath Scorpion (name-wise anyway). Kind of like Clan Jade Wolf in canon.

You will already be able to make your own mercenary unit by having 12 founding members -- see this link.

You can do what other Clan-wannabe units are doing -- make yourselves as a mercenary unit but with Clan traditions. As long as you don't use canon unit names, it should work. An example would be the Smoke Adders (named after the made-up Theta Galaxy of Clan Star Adder).

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 25 November 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#3 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 25 November 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

. An example would be the Smoke Adders (named after the made-up Theta Galaxy of Clan Star Adder).

Well, we did not want to take any existing Canon units since we have zero idea how picky PGI will be on enforcing that sort of thing. This just seemed like a cleaner option and it allows us the opportunity to play our favorite Clan :)

#4 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

That's a good thing. Actually, I would probably have used one of the existing Galaxy nicknames as the mercenary unit name. Something like Thunderstrike (after the Delta Galaxy). But you did something just as good, creating a new Galaxy that didn't exist before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users