#1 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

But in "present day" inner sphere time, you're just Clan Wolf?

#2 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:08 AM

small nitpick, "a steiner outpost on tharkad" is a silly thing to attack. There is no steiner outpost on tharkad, as tharkad is steiner's capital. There are few worlds in the Lyran commonwealth that would have as much security as tharkad.

#3 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:14 AM

It's a decent write up, but as Pbiggz pointed out you should change Tharkad to any other planet.

#4 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:54 AM

I like it, but I would like to know what their appearances are like, for example "Their Field, Dress, and Ceremonial Uniforms look like this", "They use these colors and accents on their mechs and equipment as the clan standard". As well as how they view and treat their own bondsmen. Another thing I forgot to add was how do they react when they are captured as bondsmen? Do they serve willingly, act disrespectful to their captors or commit bondsref upon being captured?

UPDATE: Also a founding year like 28XX or 30XX would help. Also give a reason behind their history, for example they were close allies of late Clan Wolverine and they wanted revenge for their destruction or they finally saw how Nicholas Kerensky was turning into a madman and betrayed the Scorpions, stuff like that would work. That's all.

Edited by Will9761, 20 November 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#5 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:06 AM

oh, and tharkad is the capital of the lyran commonwealth, by 3060 the federated commonwealth is already a thing of the past.

I'm in the process of writing up a summary of the BT timeline that should sum things up nicely. That might help you. Other than the tharkad thing I like the write up.

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:21 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 20 November 2013 - 07:36 AM, said:

Yeah until they insert the create Merc/Faction type stuff I'm a Wolf. And on Tharkad they attack one of the garrisons. The reason I chose Tharkad was because their goal was to cause mayhem by attacking the Fedcom capitol in stealth. I will switch my wording above.

You are looking at 2 RCTs of probably elite fanatical (1st & 2nd) Lyran Royal Guards so 2 Mech Regiments, 3 Tank Regiments(each) and 5 Infantry regiments Each) 2 Wings of Aerospace fighters (Each), and a Battalion of Artillery (Each) Plus the ComGuard 282nd Division A Combine arms formation. That is a very stout "Garrison"!

3060: 66th ComGuard

BTW, I only post this so you can write up your Bio better, or change it to a less High Profile target if you choose.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 20 November 2013 - 08:38 AM.

#7 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

A raid works better when you strike lightly defended border planets quickly, perhaps punching into a more heavily defended planet, and then moving out before the defenders can counter attack. Tharkad is located in the center of the lyran commonwealth, roughly 2 ELITE RCTs would be waiting for you on planet, and there is nowhere to run. As revolutionary as jumpship travel is, it still takes several weeks to move from point a to point b, especially if point a is tharkad and point b is a safe haven like the periphery. And that's not constant movement either, you make a jump, then spend a few days orbiting a star recharging your jump drives, then repeat. Unfortunately tharkad is also surrounded by lyran strongholds, so there's no place to get out easily. You may want to hit border worlds for that reason. Still relatively rich in resources and "phat lewt" but relatively undefended. Whack a few of em in quick succession with a sufficiently large force so as to draw attention to you, and then get out before reinforcements arrive to drive your raiders off planet. That is the key, you hit somewhere undefended and then get out before anyone has time to react.

Edited by pbiggz, 20 November 2013 - 08:55 AM.

#8 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

Pretty cool stuff, so as far as I know it goes like this:

The Blood Scorpions take bondsmen and treat them well, unless they do a dezgra act that gets them executed. Those taken as bondsman act cryptic to their captors. While being helpful, they tend to be disrepectful by agitating their bondholders with uneasy truths.

By the way did you make those attires? Because they look pretty cool. :)

#9 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

Thanks for the offer but, I only ride the banners of the Steiner half of the Fed-Com. But I look forward to seeing you on the field some day. It was pretty cool to see the work you put behind the CBS.

#10 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

Ok so the colors your using for the Clan Stardard is red, light blue and grey correct?

#11 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 19 November 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

Clan Wolf/ Clan Wolf in Exile are the targets of the Blood Scorpions

Posted Image

#12 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 20 November 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

Posted Image

Wow after seen this, I'm just imaging myself as a referee at a boxing match.

My only words are this:
"CyclonerM! Are you ready? Marack Drock! Are you ready? FIGHT!"

We can settle this Zellbringen style.

Edited by Will9761, 20 November 2013 - 02:36 PM.

#13 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostWill9761, on 20 November 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

Wow after seen this, I'm just imaging myself as a referee at a boxing match.

My only words are this:
"CyclonerM! Are you ready? Marack Drock! Are you ready? FIGHT!"

We can settle this Zellbringen style.

Mmh, i am not an Elemental, so i would fight better in my 'Mech :D
However, why not? Just let me edit your words:

"Today these two warriors have come to fight according to the Way of the Clans. They will fight in this Circle of Equals for the honor of their Clans and their heritage in the most honorable way of combat. In this solemn matter, let no one interfere."
:)

#14 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

I'm bringing snacks to the Clansmen watching this duel. They get crazy when they are hungry.

Edited by Will9761, 20 November 2013 - 02:57 PM.

#15 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

Woah woah woah...

Slow down! There hasn't even been a formal batchall yet!

PLEASE USE THE PROPER SYNTAX WHEN CHALLENGING OTHER MECHWARRIORS.

This is either a trial of grievance, refusal, or annihilation, but nobody touches anyone until a proper batchall.

#16 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

Hey Marack, here are all Clan's viewpoints that I made to fit in what each clan thinks of the Blood Scorpions, take a look and tell me what you think.

The Clans Regarding the Blood Scorpions:

Clan Blood Spirit -This clan thinks that they are above Kerensky and his views.
We will show this false clan who they are dealing with.

Clan Cloud Cobra- Like us they tolerate spirituality and faith, but the Scorpions must give up their hatred for Kerensky in order to see The Way.

Clan Coyote- The Scorpions wish to destroy the Warden views that we hold so dearly. They must be stopped by any means nessecary.

Clan Diamond Shark- We are always happy to give any clan material for a profit. The Blood Scorpions however, are an exception. Their vile views of Kerensky is profication enough to consider them as a lesser "clan".

Clan Fire Mandrill- We shall put an end to these traitors immediately!

Clan Ghost Bear- We will annihilate these disrespectful surats.

Clan Golaith Scorpion- A battle of scorpions, they are now an osbtacle we must overcome in order to rebuild the Star League.

Clan Hell's Horses- A dezgra group of anti-Kerensky hatemongers. These are enemies who deserve nothing but our contempt and scorn. We hate them worse than the Bears and the Mandrills.

Clan Ice Hellion- Bloodthirsty cultist, they are nothing more and nothing less.

Clan Jade Falcon- These dezgra fools have always been a thorn in our side. When they approach us, our
talons stand ready!

Clan Nova Cat- Never have we meet a clan who sports different views like this before. They have shown us great respect, let us keep it that way.

Clan Snow Raven- We have no intentions of meeting this clan, but should we ever cross in battle, blood will be spilled.

Clan Star Adder - Disguisting creatures, they preach the Way of Clan and deviate away from The Founders teachings. They are worse than the Blood Spirits.

Clan Steel Viper-The Blood Scorpions have gained a momentum of our respect for their feud with the Falcons. However, their views on the Founder is an insult to our clan as a whole. As far as we are corncern with them, they are traitors to Kerensky's vision and cannot be trusted.

Clan Wolf- After the Refusal War, the Scorpions were displeased with our clan's revival. Likewise, Khan Ward is displeased with "cultist" calling themselves a clan.

Clan Wolf in Exile- If the Scorpions want to ravage the Inner Sphere they will have to go through us!

Edited by Will9761, 20 November 2013 - 05:15 PM.

#17 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

OH! I like this part of the time line. Operation Revival, otherwise known as the clan invasion was started by the smoke jaguar in 3048 and supported by most of the crusaders, but clan wolf (at the time there was only one) attempted to block operation revival by a trial of refusal. A cluster of wolves met an equal jaguar force and all though the wolves fought honourably, they were defeated. Having won the trial, ilKhan and smoke jaguar Leo Showers could think of no greater dishonour for the dissenting wolves then to force them to join the very invasion they opposed. The reason the wolves ended up invading much more quickly is that they decided the best way to stop the crusaders was to outdo them. While Ulric Kerensky's plan was much more complex, one of the facets of his plan was that should the invasion continue, clan wolf would likely reach terra first, they would be ilclan, and then they would order the invasion to stop.

I can supply you with more information if you require it.

#18 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

actually the wolves often won planets through diplomacy and negotiation, they allowed local governments to continue to function, and they actively pursued good relations with their new subjects. Any time they faced armed resistance they went out of their way to minimize collateral damage and end the conflict early if they could.

#19 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

You probably would want to hit a series of periphery planets (I.E. more than one and in quick succession or simultaneously.
You might want to hit them near the border with the occupation zone to draw the attention of the jade falcons as well, OR near the border with the remnants of the Free Worlds League (which collapsed during the jihad) possibly eliciting a response from relevant forces there as well.

#20 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:23 AM

My question for you is, do you really wanna go the route of a Clan "terrorist"? Choosing that route should put you right about in line with the Bandit Caste. With a Terrorist style, you are completely removed from the ideal of reducing civilian collateral damage. One thing I admire about the Clans. I would suggest Guerrilla fighters over terrorist. It is your faction in the end, but I cannot tell you how to write your ideas.

I created a Clan myself nearly a decade ago(Clan Stone Rhino) and I helped my daughter create hers(Clan Obsidian Tiger) as well. So I love seeing, new ideas.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 21 November 2013 - 04:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users