10 replies to this topic

#1 Feylan

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

Hi All,

I've just started getting back into MW:O after a long break, and I'd love to get into a casual Kurita group. The only problem is, I live in Japan in a two-square metre apartment and I'm pretty sure my wife would get a little stab-happy if I started speaking randomly at my computer all night while she's working / watching TV / practicing her "I don't want you spending any more time with those toy robots" glare right next to me :o Also, I'm guessing my team mates don't want to hear Japanese TV in the background all night.

Is having voice comms pretty much a requirement for joining up? I get the feeling the answer's going to be yes, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Of course, option two is getting one of these, but I think I'd end up feeling like a crazy commando nut :)

Edited by Feylan, 20 November 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#2 DEN_Ninja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

View PostFeylan, on 20 November 2013 - 07:56 AM, said:

Hi All,

I've just started getting back into MW:O after a long break, and I'd love to get into a casual Kurita group. The only problem is, I live in Japan in a two-square metre apartment and I'm pretty sure my wife would get a little stab-happy if I started speaking randomly at my computer all night while she's working / watching TV / practicing her "I don't want you spending any more time with those toy robots" glare right next to me :o Also, I'm guessing my team mates don't want to hear Japanese TV in the background all night.

Is having voice comms pretty much a requirement for joining up? I get the feeling the answer's going to be yes, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Of course, option two is getting one of these, but I think I'd end up feeling like a crazy commando nut :)

Not going to lie tho, that neck mic seems like a great freaking idea for late night incursions where you wish not disturb folks like roomies.

#3 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostFeylan, on 20 November 2013 - 07:56 AM, said:

Hi All,

おはいようございます!
私はチムロスラブ呼びます。どうぞよろしく!<B>

Your Time zone makes it kinda rough to play with you given it's +7 Hours for West Coast North Americans and +10 hours for East Coast Americans. You might have a Chance with Europeans.
Most Kuritan House Units are casual with the Occasional Sub Groups who want to do 12-mans, don't feel you have to be one of these people.

*We have people join our teamspeak without talking, just listening. Our unit leader has odd working hours and doesn't like to wake his kid because he plays in the morning and late at night. But, he still joins in on our teamspeak server by typing to us in conversation. Trust me it will be a whole new Friendly dimension even if you don't speak. :) *
「Important]It might be extra rough for you to play with Kuritans without use of Teamspeak seeing as it is our Grouping tool, and life blood.

Because it's bit rough for you. I would recommend the Ryuken-Ni-Sorei They're an Oceanic group who uses Mumble. Everyone else seems to use Teamspeak. If you use Teamspeak use Multiple Teamspeak servers and don't feel trapped into one Unit. We frequently skip Teamspeak server to Teamspeak Server just to play with friends Just ask ManaValkyrie
Use these ts3.arkablegions.com
ts60.gameservers.com:9306 <- if there is a Password it is:R0n1n
housekurita.teamspeak3.com:6619 <-if there is a password it is:Yakuza

That said the Arkab Legions Would love to play with you. But don't feel committed, feel free to play on other servers. Unfortunately teamspeak is kind-of-a must-have.

ざんねん、テアムスペークを使わなければなりません
Here is the Teamspeak link http://www.teamspeak3.com/ Make sure to install the Appropriate one for your system, and it is freeware so you should not be charged.

「Important] Some good Hours to play with North Americans, seem to be from 5pm West Coast-8pm also mornings from 7am-10am West coast (that's 午前零時Midnight-3am in Japan)日本で ごぜん一時~午前三時 OR 午前十一時~午後二時に遊ぶいいんです。So your best hours to play is lunch time. Because a lot more people play in the Evening in North America than in the Morning. Even though Europeans play during hour Evening because they're Freaking Hard Core. XD ALTHOUGH, On Thursday AND Saturdays You can find Pretty much people always on at pretty much any hour. Friday is Date Night so you're kinda Screwed don't even try XD.

If for some apocalyptic reason none of the interest you, which I find hard to believe. There is the DCMS unit list found here
http://mwomercs.com/...-and-resources/
頑張って下さい!!

私たちは将来の中にみなさんを見たほしいです!

Edited by Timuroslav, 20 November 2013 - 11:26 AM.

#4 Arcainite

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNew Gotham City, Irurzun

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

There is a really good unit called Ryuken-Ni that is supposed to be made up of mostly Pacific area timezone members, including a large asian player base. This is a canon unit like my own 3rd Benjamin Regulars and so we are subject to the devs' whims same as with any House regular unit. I was going to join Ryuken-Ni but didn't find any on before I decided to form my own regulars unit.

#5 Feylan

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

チムロスラブさん、こんにちは。

はじめまして、フぇイランと申します。よろしくお願いします。

いろいろお知らせしてくれてありがとうございます。チームスピークの件はやっぱりそうですよね。確かに残念ですが、頑張ります。

Thanks for your response guys, I guess I'm probably looking for an Oceania group then - the American time zones really only work on weekends, and I'd like to get online a bit more frequently than that.

I think I'll look up Ryuken-Ni-Sorei and see if they're interested in a mute recruit.

Thanks again for all the help!

#6 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

There are a multitude of units that are willing to have players who cant talk back traditionally. We have a player in my unit who for a long time who couldn't talk on TS for a while and did just fine because he would listen in to what we would say, and react accordingly and occasionally typing up funny comments in the lance chat.

So feel free to stop in and see us on the various TS servers, most people are understanding of Real World constraints.

#7 unFearing

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

In reality, no, voice comms are not necessary to join a group and feel like you are part of the group.

You are pretty fluent in English by the looks of it, so reading text or hearing words from teammates shouldn't be a problem. A good pilot is one who's got a hand for killing, ears for orders, and a brain for tactics and situational awareness. So long as you possess these traits, you will probably feel about 80% of the MW:O tactical experience.

However, if you want to lead your 4 man group or even 12 man group, even in the slightest, having to type out enemy names and data will always be more cumbersome than pressing a button to talk (Push-To-Talk feature on most voice comm programs) or using Voice-Detection. There's an added sense of being "in the game" when you're able to communicate with your team, rather than them just communicating with you, but it's not necessary to excel as a pilot.

Edited by unFearing, 20 November 2013 - 06:51 PM.

#8 Feylan

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

Thanks ManaValkyrie, unFearing, I'll try hopping onto some TS servers and see how I go. I'm happy being a grunt instead of a leader, so hopefully it'll be fine.

:) Thanks for the English compliment unFearing, I hope my language skills aren't too bad, I am Australian after all! (I moved to Japan a few years back.)

#9 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostFeylan, on 20 November 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

Thanks ManaValkyrie, unFearing, I'll try hopping onto some TS servers and see how I go. I'm happy being a grunt instead of a leader, so hopefully it'll be fine.

:) Thanks for the English compliment unFearing, I hope my language skills aren't too bad, I am Australian after all! (I moved to Japan a few years back.)

Your most welcome, and once I go back to my regular shifts I am actually usually about during some of your gaming hours, especially on the weekends anyway, so if all else fails look me up, I am usually around 4pm - 8/9am GMT, if i am not immediately online, i am signed in and check my TS regularly.

#10 kiriage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 119 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

Ryuken Ni wont have any problem with not using voice comms, they are a good group with some experienced players. A little inactive at the moment while waiting for CW to come online, but theres usually a few on in Oceania evening time. Head on over to their website and sign up there. Also pls feel free to add me as a friend through the mwo client and send a group invite if you see me on..happy to team up any time

#11 Binbo Gami

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 48 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

I never use comms when I play in the evening and the ryuken-ni always manage to put up with me, and everyone is only too happy to play casually.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users