Calling the MPBT AFFS Community.

60 replies to this topic

#41 Meneiupptus

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:39 AM

Hmm, with all the negative feelings placed on a single leader, an old school leader or powerbase or even an organized group of players leading the rest in Davion... Roundrobin council style is the only way to go.

As for the DO there were only about 3-5 hundred players in MPBTECH EGA Beta and the DO worked then which is a grand site smaller then I expect will be in the first and second closed Betas for MWOMercs... look at SWTOR.Lightsaber WOW it had hundreds of thousands Beta testers in closed and there is no reason why MWOMercs cannot field the same amount or greater. Units will be born inside and be ready to be brought in. The only real thing House Davion needs is password protected Vent or Teamspeak with a large enough base to bring all the leaders or their advocates in. I don't know if this will cost money but I would contribute...even if I don't make it in to Beta.

Again I hate to lose and a House divided is playing to lose.

#42 Syro

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

I'd add that my reservations would be about the current beta and that being too small a pool to get a good sample of info about Davion players. Once the second closed beta hits when all the founder pack buyers get in on the 7th then that would be an ok start point.

Good point.

#43 Syro

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

The only real thing House Davion needs is password protected Vent or Teamspeak with a large enough base to bring all the leaders or their advocates in. I don't know if this will cost money but I would contribute...even if I don't make it in to Beta.

We dont' even need TS/Vent early on. We can setup IRC (pretty much for free) and keep things going that way early on. Worry about vent later.

#44 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostSyro, on 21 June 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

We dont' even need TS/Vent early on. We can setup IRC (pretty much for free) and keep things going that way early on. Worry about vent later.

Yeah TS/Mumble/Vent mostly benefit people who are actually playing the game, text communication works well enough for a command structure unless you want to be more buddy-buddy and just chat all day. An IRC channel would be fine.

#45 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostSyro, on 21 June 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

Yea, chat format or even possibly having meetings on the No Guts No Galaxy Ts server would probably be sufficient for anything of the such. I'd ask the guys over at NGNG first, but they're really awesome guys so I don't see it being a big problem.

That's probably the first step is to just get interested parties together (like Pappy of the 1st Robinson Rangers was attempting to do for a bit,) and talking to get to know people and can brainstorm ideas there, and just post other ideas on here in between meetings.

Just an idea.

#46 Syro

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

Well, I know there's a thread for scheduling the roundtables (is that Pappy's?). As for hosting IRC, I have almost a years' free use of a micro envrionment at EC2, which should be more than enough to hose MANY IRC channels. We'll get it figured out, one way or another.

#47 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostSyro, on 21 June 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

Well, I know there's a thread for scheduling the roundtables (is that Pappy's?). As for hosting IRC, I have almost a years' free use of a micro envrionment at EC2, which should be more than enough to hose MANY IRC channels. We'll get it figured out, one way or another.

You don't really need to host your own irc server, any existing server will let you make your own channel and password it, even hide it from server requests if you want to make it super secret. Just have to know the commands. #SynIRC is a pretty good host if you want to look into it.

#48 Aidan Malchor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 350 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostVandal, on 19 June 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

Actually, the despotic tyrant system sort of avoids that problem. The 'Goonie' system, if you will. When other alliances were bogged down by discussion and voting that took ages to get resolved, our Dark Lord and his Shadowy Cabal were able to make snap judgments that allowed us to mobilize faster then the enemy and outmaneuver them. The communistic 'ONE LEADER, ONE GOAL', coupled with unusually strong organization is probably why Goons were able to dominate EVE at all when facing down alliances that had both larger, and more veteran playerbases.

Of course, this system only works if you have a leader that is excellent at their work, like we do.

(Yes, I am ignoring all the times we flubbed fleet ops because the ops leader was drunk, shut up!)

Lol yeah, worked great until someone seen a squirrel or something shiny then all organization kinda went kaboom.

#49 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

Excellent work everyone!
I see even blackburns are looking to get clarification on things, great!
Lets keep it up!

#50 Bastard Ken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

"You are dictatorial." My dear sirs, you are right, that is just what we are. All the experience the Lowtax people have accumulated through several centuries teaches us to enforce the people's democratic dictatorship, that is, to deprive the reactionaries of the right to squawk and let the people alone have that right.

#51 SparkSovereign

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

I'd like to put forward my support for an organized Davion. It's our schtick, after all. I have far less experience than I'd like with BattleTech related stuff, but I commanded a few huge (40+ players to a side) fleet battles in a game called Freelancer and did pretty damn well, if I do say so myself. If I'm any good at MWO I'd be honored to do my part for the Federated Suns, and I'd certainly like to know how I might contribute to any command structure we develop, even if just as a scout.

#52 Syro

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

I think at this point we are waiting for Pappy to wander back around and setup a roundtable. If he doesn't show soon, i might just try it myself. Then again, there is hesitation because we really don't know what the community warfare situation is going to look like.

#53 LordRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

Community warfare wont be at launch so..we still have a ways to go yet

#54 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:53 AM

View PostLordRush, on 02 July 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

Community warfare wont be at launch so..we still have a ways to go yet

Not doubting you but I haven't seen an official quote on this?

#55 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostJack Gallows, on 04 July 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

Not doubting you but I haven't seen an official quote on this?

Try a search, hes right. They gave an eta of 2 months post launch

#56 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostSupremacist, on 04 July 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

Try a search, hes right. They gave an eta of 2 months post launch

To be more specific, the Official Developer Update lists it as being 90 days or less (or more!) till Community Warfare is implemented.

"Russ Bullock said:

[font=Helvetica' date=' sans-serif']The one exception is the Community Warfare pillar which is a complex system but extremely important. In not wanting to delay the game, logic dictates it be added post-launch. Once fans are completely familiar with creating their 'Mech and pilot trees, the depth of Community Warfare will be added, with the core of the community experience projected to be in-game within 90 days of open beta.
[/font]

Edited by Vandal, 04 July 2012 - 04:37 PM.

#57 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostAtomfire, on 16 June 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

I agree that we need to get our *** in gear, we have the Goon Confederation on one front and we have a well organized nation of dracs on the other, if we don't get ready now you might as well kiss the Federated Suns goodbye.

Start kissing.

#58 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostVandal, on 04 July 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

To be more specific, the Official Developer Update lists it as being 90 days or less (or more!) till Community Warfare is implemented.

[/size][/font]

Missed that, thanks.

View PostHayden, on 04 July 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Start kissing.

Buy me dinner first.

Edited by Jack Gallows, 05 July 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#59 LordRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:27 PM

If I have one disappointment so far about this game is the fact that no editor will be made available. Not that I fully don't understand the reason at all. However, it eliminates the possibility of a League in which it could be VERY possible to organize a community driven House system.. But, with this current setup?
It wont happen.

Granted, it isnt all lost. I have the feeling that this game will surprise alot of people come launch, and from their? Only our time and financial investment will see our dream realized.

First things first before you go out and try to organize a group for this game. Do yourself a favor, just grab some friends ,jump on vent,crack open a couple of beers...tell some lies and for crying outloud...BE GLAD WE HAVE A GAME AGAIN!! Have fun fellas...thats what its all about

#60 Bad Electric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 174 posts
  • LocationChantilly Va

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

think these Lioas need to just give in to their desires and join House Davion since they only post here in our forums...

as for old vs new leadership. how about "new" form their units and once you have a player base you join into discussions with other unit leaders as to where the house is going/strategies for battle/polotics etc. seems like the logical path.

or is this a "I want to be king" thing and you have no pilots or a unit and you just want to be in charge kinda thing?

IMHO the unit leaders get together (as stated above) (this is logical) and co ordinate. alliances will be formed, the cream will rise, the dregs will sink.

in the end, we as a community will find a way to work together for the better of the house and our slice of the community, or the game will fail.

just one humble pilots thoughts on the matter...

~S~ Davion warriors!

Bad Electric <HHGD>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users