1 Day Premium Time? Mwo For 24 Hours Straight?

29 replies to this topic

#1 XPhantasmaX

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • 63 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

So today I found out I got 1 day of premium time for free due to the recent patch. and I'm considering going for a MechWarrior Online 24 hour marathon. I know it sounds crazy but there are people out there who pulled off playing a game for 24 hours straight. Its doable.

Starting saturday NOV 23 at 8:00AM EST If my premium time is still available I will activate it, my 24 hour runs starts the second I activate it. I will be posting hourly screenshots and present them on the forums when im done showing how much C-bills, mech XP, and GXP I have accumulated over the course of this 24 hour run.

I might try and stream it, if I can. but we'll see. I'm not too experienced with that kind of stuff. and last time I tried to stream anything ended up being a disaster due to technical errors.

In the meantime I'll look over the forums every now and then and do what I can to get ready for this event. Any suggestions that can help me do this is appreciated.

Edited by XPhantasmaX, 23 November 2013 - 06:24 AM.

#2 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

Just don't make yourself sick / kill yourself doing so (euphamistically or otherwise) ^_^ :)

Best of luck, :D I have no idea what else to tell you though. :D

#3 sneeking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:29 AM

just remember the danger isn't during the marathon its after...

I once pulled a grand theft marathon with some assistance from artificial means (if you get my drift) the problem was re integration with the real world, I don't want to tell you what was my first instinct at the traffic lights when I went out in my car afterwards.

#4 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:43 AM

it´s doable, although the "fun" part is arguable at best :ph34r: best advice i can give is, start with coffee and/ or other energy boosters LATE (and well dosed) , because the kickback can be ugly and it WILL come. i don´t have to say that you better keep your hands off of illegal/ artificial stimulants, do i? otherwise, good luck and enjoy the experience, i myself did that sh** too often <_<

Edited by Alex Warden, 21 November 2013 - 04:46 AM.

#5 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:54 AM

View Postsneeking, on 21 November 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

just remember the danger isn't during the marathon its after...

I once pulled a grand theft marathon with some assistance from artificial means (if you get my drift) the problem was re integration with the real world, I don't want to tell you what was my first instinct at the traffic lights when I went out in my car afterwards.

Well, as long as he doesnt go to an Army balistics testing ground and think that LRMs dont deal any damage within 180 meters, then he should be more or less fine.

#6 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:07 AM

You'll need this.

How to make a good poopsock.
  • Take one pair of boxershorts and cut a hole in the rear.
  • Attach a sock to the hole. The longer the sock, there more room you have.
Now you can play for 24 hours without taking a bio break. That'll probably give you an extra 500,000 C-bills

#7 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts
  • Locationstill remains a mistery.

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:19 AM

As long as you get to sleep very well the night before you might be more than good to go. Coffe and Coke will do the trick for the final part.

#8 Evil Ed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 527 posts
  • LocationStavanger, Norway

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:31 AM

I suggest you do this on a public TS-server, so people can drop in and play a few games with you.

#9 XPhantasmaX

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • 63 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostEvil Ed, on 21 November 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

I suggest you do this on a public TS-server, so people can drop in and play a few games with you.

I'll Look into that. I'll update you guys on what public TS server ill be on tomorrow.

View PostMutaroc, on 21 November 2013 - 05:19 AM, said:

As long as you get to sleep very well the night before you might be more than good to go. Coffe and Coke will do the trick for the final part.

I'll make sure I get at least 10-12 hours of sleep. I'll probably get some energy drinks at the store either today or tomorrow. :D

Edit: Tomarrow and tomorrow sound awfully similar.

Edited by XPhantasmaX, 21 November 2013 - 08:59 AM.

#10 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

Sounds like a recipe for renal failure... Hope you get to stream it!

#11 Bacon_Warrior88

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:16 AM

Get some Copenhagen winter green pouches, beer, coffee, and anything else naturally found on earth and you should be good. Also, you may want to set up an extra laptop if you have one near you. Have a 24 hour marathon of TNG or BSG playing. This could be EPIC dude. Do it up right.

#12 xCico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

Good luck to your health ;)

#13 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

I wish I had the day off, we could go to the looney bin together!

#14 XPhantasmaX

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • 63 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

A quick update on the 24 hour marathon.

1st of all no stream. sorry. :D haven't got the time to set it up. plus its too much of a hassle.

and about the TS thing I mentioned earlier I'm going to be on "Apocalypse lancers" TS servers. If you guys are interested in teaming up with me and want to use TS to do voice chat with me, check out their website, check out their TS server I'll make sure I get the "OK" from their admins. I'll be on their Server throughout the entire marathon

I'll make another post before I start the 24 hour run with a screen shot of my current C-bills and GXP and the mechs I'm going to be using during this run. I will not be purchasing any consumable modules. I'll post at least 23-24 screenshots indicating highlights of whatever match I finished and the last screenshot will show how much I've earned over the course of this run. I'm looking forward to this.

#15 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hope you keep comfortable!
I recommend having some veggies with ya during the night. They've helped me stay awake (nothing 24 hours though). I found that junk food just bogged me down, made me feel sick, and wish my life ended. The sugar boost was nice, but I probably induldged in it a little too early. Something about the freshness of veggies woke me up better than cans of coke. But I'm guessing that the caffine will be nessicary in the later hours for sure lol

Best of luck! :P

#16 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

I remember days when I played computer games like this.
However, unless you really want to, I highly do not recommend it except by the following rules:
- Always take bathroom breaks and I do mean go to the ACTUAL bathroom.
- Always take time out to eat the 3 meals at the right time of the day.
- Don't be afraid at certain points to take anywhere from 2-5 minutes away. Smoke, take a short walk, at the least stretching exercises.
The above rules will keep you from getting too exhausted and worn out, no good playing if you get wore out later in your body (affecting control use) and eyes (affecting vision). The benefits are far worth more than the time you think you lose.

This is all from the days I used to play 24 hour gaming sessions plus the time I spent doing 24 hour work shifts on my jobs. If you don't take care of yourself, you will erode your ability to play.

Edited by Merchant, 22 November 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#17 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostTiggo Bitties, on 21 November 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

Get some Copenhagen winter green pouches, beer, coffee, and anything else naturally found on earth and you should be good. Also, you may want to set up an extra laptop if you have one near you. Have a 24 hour marathon of TNG or BSG playing. This could be EPIC dude. Do it up right.

I always love the "natural" bit. Arsenic is natural. So is lead. I really don't think that ingesting uranium is a good idea though.

Also, beer doesn't occur naturally.

#18 XPhantasmaX

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • 63 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:32 AM

Hey guys hows it going. just an update before I get started. I promised a screenshot before I start the marathon.

Posted Image

#19 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

It may be too late to suggest food/drinks (since you might be past your shopping deadline...), but I would suggest drinking Kombucha for energy instead of coffee, energy drinks, or other diuretics; Low-Sodium V8 for the health value and for the potassium that will counteract the sodium-rich salty snacks you'll be eating; and a stockpile of smoked ham and cheese sandwiches....

... well, that's just what *I* would do...

#20 Stefan Schneider

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLow signal

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

Are you still alive mann?

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users