Pgi Licencing Mw:ll Rights

11 replies to this topic

Poll: License the rights to MW:LL Mechs and Maps Idea (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you Support PGI for this

1. Voted Yes (6 votes [24.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.00%

2. Mabey (4 votes [16.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.00%

3. No (15 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

Greetings,

The content that was called MW:LL has lost, or had it's licence revoked. The current media is only a Mod of Crysis, and the backers have withdrawn support for that product. It has been temporally taken over by dedicated fans but again it is not authorized.

Any rights/licences that were used from Ms (holder of the current rights) are gone. So asking for assets to be used will not work. And there may also be a scaling issue between MW:LL and MWO.

Yes I would like to have access to all the maps and art objects from MW:LL but I do not think it would be as simple as transferring the items into this game. Most are directly from the Crysis game inventory so additional issues there.

Nice idea, but it would not be compatible.

9erRed

#2 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:49 AM

MW:LL was a mod of Crysis Warhead (CryEngine 2). It had not license from Microsoft. PGI already holds the license to the MW IP and it will add its own artistic flair to the mechs when they are added to the game. That leaves only the maps and PGI clearly has its own viewpoints on what a map should be that are different from the map creates over at MW:LL did.

#3 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:20 AM

View Post9erRed, on 22 November 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

Greetings,

The content that was called MW:LL has lost, or had it's licence revoked. The current media is only a Mod of Crysis, and the backers have withdrawn support for that product. It has been temporally taken over by dedicated fans but again it is not authorized.

Any rights/licences that were used from Ms (holder of the current rights) are gone. So asking for assets to be used will not work. And there may also be a scaling issue between MW:LL and MWO.

Yes I would like to have access to all the maps and art objects from MW:LL but I do not think it would be as simple as transferring the items into this game. Most are directly from the Crysis game inventory so additional issues there.

Nice idea, but it would not be compatible.

9erRed

yep.

But for the record, MW:LL never had or attempted to obtain a license to use the BT IP from MS.

The second it would have been monetized the modders would have been sued right out of the solar system :P

#4 Firewuff

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

The second PGI touches ANYTHING from mwll they are in all sorts of legal problems. Also the game play if completely different and those maps would not work. Not to mention porting them is a huge amount of work to then fix all the bugs.... Not legal... Not practical

#5 Miken

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 225 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

Damn i want play game modes like in MWLL but with mechs from my mechbay in buy menu!

#6 Lupin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:47 AM

What we need are more game types and the ability to play 1 selected team vs another selected team.
This we are supposed to be getting but they are taking WAY to long to do it.

#7 Captain Stiffy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

In a perfect world my friend. In that perfect world there would be no such thing as IP rights for old *** busted garbage and we could just have fun forever.

In this real world every single person or company that has a copyright to a grainy photo of **** stained undies jealously guards it like someday it's going to feed their grandchildren.

Copyright law as it is SUCKS and it's going to be another 50 years before anything even starts getting done about fixing it.

#8 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostFarix, on 23 November 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

MW:LL was a mod of Crysis Warhead (CryEngine 2). It had not license from Microsoft. PGI already holds the license to the MW IP and it will add its own artistic flair to the mechs when they are added to the game. That leaves only the maps and PGI clearly has its own viewpoints on what a map should be that are different from the map creates over at MW:LL did.

The Living Legends maps are way better and the gameplay itself is far more enjoyable. The game requires skill and dedication in order to get access to better Mech's and cheese prevention is done by requiring you to grind C-Bills while playing matches and increasing your rank.

#9 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

I'd love it if we had more of the BT universe represented in MWO, as they did with LL. Tanks, aircraft, battle armor, defensive emplacements..... That would be freaking awesome.

#10 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

I didn't agree with all their design decisions (eg one BA = star of elementals) but I have to say MWLL was a superior game until it was run out of town.

#11 Jesoo_Creesto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:27 PM

Sorry for necroing, didn't notice it was old thread
TO ANY MOD: please delete this, thanks

Edited by Starch1ld, 02 November 2016 - 06:34 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users