25 replies to this topic

#1 Livebait

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 411 posts
  • LocationDrop ship Alpha, drinking beer

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:37 AM

Thank you for fixing the Awesome, Orion and Spider. The changes IMO were needed. The Awsome especially needed help. For an assault, it was truly worthless.

As for the Spider, it takes damage now the way a light should. You're gonna still hear some crying from those who are sad that their cheat mobile has been brought in line with other mechs. But, they'll get use to it.

Now lets get some objective points on maps for extra c-bills and make more varied maps. Less heat maps. And please double the size of river city. It's a friggin cluster F. If you spawn in lower the enemy can actually start shooting you 1 second into game play. Weak.

#2 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:00 AM

Yeah bigger maps are needed. Just imagine if we had urban map with size of alpine peaks.

#3 Clit Beastwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

View PostDiego Angelus, on 22 November 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

Yeah bigger maps are needed. Just imagine if we had urban map with size of alpine peaks.

Ugh chasing people that shut down rather than get killed will be ridiculously annoying in such a map ;)

#4 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostFierostetz, on 22 November 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

Ugh chasing people that shut down rather than get killed will be ridiculously annoying in such a map ;)

If we had proper objectives\rewards something like that wouldn't even be a problem.

#5 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

Forest Colony needs more added to it. It's teeny! :D

#6 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostLivebait, on 22 November 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

Now lets get some objective points on maps for extra c-bills and make more varied maps. Less heat maps. And please double the size of river city. It's a friggin cluster F. If you spawn in lower the enemy can actually start shooting you 1 second into game play. Weak.

Yea!! Because war is always fair so MWO should be too!!! :D

#7 Heavenly Angel

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

Do you actually play awesomes? The hitbox change made them worse.

#8 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

View PostFierostetz, on 22 November 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

Ugh chasing people that shut down rather than get killed will be ridiculously annoying in such a map :D

One might consider that a strategy perhaps......enhancing game play..... people still fall for chase the light all the time.

#9 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

View PostHeavenly Angel, on 22 November 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Haven't played mine yet...are you referring to the 9M and PB? Or all of them? How are they worse now?

#10 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

An urban map fully urbanised the size of Alpine is not goign to happen. I cant recall which Q&A it was on, or if infact it was in a Q7A ..but i distinctly remember PGI stateing that such a map would hamper performance to much for those on low spec rigs, so they wont be making a map like that.

#11 Clit Beastwood

• 2,262 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostTombstoner, on 22 November 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

One might consider that a strategy perhaps......enhancing game play..... people still fall for chase the light all the time.

What I mean is, when the last mech alive is a light and they run off somewhere to power down and preserve their KDR. One team won already, hiding is only wasting everyone's time.

#12 Odwalla

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 22 November 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

I've actually heard this argument a few times on these forums. I can't tell if people are trying to be funny or think this is actually a good argument for unbalanced game mechanics...

+1 for the OP. Very happy with the recent patch changes.

#13 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 22 November 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

If you want war, go pack up your bags and join the Marines. I'm here to play a video game about fighting giant robots across the galaxy.

#14 needforsleep

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

I for one, welcome our new Awesome overlords.

#15 VIPER2207

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 565 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostHeavenly Angel, on 22 November 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

can't fully agree with this.
the CT definitely takes less damage now, damage spreads wider over all torso sections now. But the chassis itself is still a barn door, with massive torso hitboxes. But that's a problem with the design of the mech itself, not with the hitboxes. it's simply not easy to miss a shot on such a big target, but i'm fine with that

edit:
btw:
Posted Image

Edited by VIPER2207, 22 November 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#16 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

View PostFierostetz, on 22 November 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

What I mean is, when the last mech alive is a light and they run off somewhere to power down and preserve their KDR. One team won already, hiding is only wasting everyone's time.

Yes i agree that is cheap and i personally charge the front line in my commando. but the game is cap the base not team deathmatch.... i would not be interested in death-match and i refuse to play resources. so every time PGI adds a new mode the player base get a little smaller. this may be why we dont have more modes.

#17 Clit Beastwood

• 2,262 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostTombstoner, on 22 November 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

Yes i agree that is cheap and i personally charge the front line in my commando. but the game is cap the base not team deathmatch.... i would not be interested in death-match and i refuse to play resources. so every time PGI adds a new mode the player base get a little smaller. this may be why we dont have more modes.

Oh I'm not interested in death match either. I'm a light pilot at heart. I just hate spending 6-8 minutes tracking down a cored out locust :D - gripers gotta gripe! Need some caffeine to elevate my outlook on the world.

#18 Odwalla

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostFierostetz, on 22 November 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Oh I'm not interested in death match either. I'm a light pilot at heart. I just hate spending 6-8 minutes tracking down a cored out locust :rolleyes: - gripers gotta gripe! Need some caffeine to elevate my outlook on the world.

I think lights are going to LOVE deathmatch once they introduce weight limits :D

#19 Clit Beastwood

• 2,262 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostOdwalla, on 22 November 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

I think lights are going to LOVE deathmatch once they introduce weight limits :D

I *love* brawling in all my lights. I know it's not what they're for. I know there are better ways to go about it. But darnit, heading into a fight I know I will probably lose and turning it around is a lot of fun to me. I sometimes pilot an unarmed spider for the same reason. It's like counting coup http://en.wikipedia....i/Counting_coup

My new favorite light class killing machine is the deaths knell ever since they upped the speed to 172 :rolleyes: SO MUCH FUN

#20 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostArmageddonKnight, on 22 November 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

An urban map fully urbanised the size of Alpine is not goign to happen. I cant recall which Q&A it was on, or if infact it was in a Q7A ..but i distinctly remember PGI stateing that such a map would hamper performance to much for those on low spec rigs, so they wont be making a map like that.

Well if people can load alpine I see not reason why it shouldn't load urban map of that size.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users