43 replies to this topic

#21 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

You also get extra exp, which is quite useful for skilling up new 'mechs. And 50% is a large proportion - especially if we had more base earnings. =) I really think that the core problem is the slow rate of base c-bill generation that causes buying new 'mechs to become a grind. Stacking premium with Phoenix variant bonuses has helped my c-bill gain tremendously - but I am not looking forward to when my premium time is gone.

#22 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

You also get extra exp, which is quite useful for skilling up new 'mechs. And 50% is a large proportion - especially if we had more base earnings. =) I really think that the core problem is the slow rate of base c-bill generation that causes buying new 'mechs to become a grind. Stacking premium with Phoenix variant bonuses has helped my c-bill gain tremendously - but I am not looking forward to when my premium time is gone.

Premium should give at least +75% more cbills and exp. Premium should also let you use any camo or pattern you want as long as your premium is active. Premium should give you free consumables too. Premium just isnt worth $10 a month right now.

#23 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

I sometimes wonder how much time new players in any MMO including this one spend looking up things before playing to save themselves headaches later.

View PostMadCat02, on 22 November 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

Hell i wait 20 minutes to find matches sometimes . You gona be playing by yourself soon .

But I already have Training Grounds. :P

View PostKhobai, on 22 November 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

Premium should give at least +75% more cbills and exp. Premium should also let you use any camo or pattern you want as long as your premium is active. Premium should give you free consumables too. Premium just isnt worth $10 a month right now.

Camo & Patterns - there should be a system where you pay a different MC amount to use a purchased camo on any Mech you own, either at the time of purchase or forever. The current Purchase for Single Use / Purchase for One Mech, All Variants doesn't work and is why when I have MC I do NOT purchase Camo.

Free Consumables - No.

#24 SideshowLucifer

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

I'm pretty happy with the speed of earnings currently. I came in and had no problem buying my mechs and outfitting them. If I could get them easily and always have them optimized, I'd get bored with it.

#25 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

View PostKhobai, on 22 November 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

wow, uhm no

Premium time gives a good enough c-bill bonus now. It's not a monthly fee or sub. Now if they ever offer that, I could see getting a slightly bigger boost for that but premium time is good where it's at.

The one idea I almost liked was camos. There's an idea to make premium a little more attractive. Give players a custom premium camo and color scheme for the length of their time. (Maybe let them pick one camo and 3 colors for all of their mechs out of a few different selections?) That would be a cool deal and not give them too much of an advantage.

#26 Henry Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:28 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 22 November 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

As far as "defending PGI," I love the propaganda war the Complainers like to wage against anyone who points out that their complaints may not be justified.

Typically that's the reaction you get from someone when you don't jump into their temper tantrum with them, and point out the flaws with logical facts. "Don't agree with me? FANBOI!"

The simple fact is, its a Free To Play business model. It is NOT supposed to be easy for anyone exercising the "Free" part of Free To Play. It's not supposed to be 'easy mode' for most anything, as a Free To Play model is designed to get the player to cave in and spend real world money here and there throughout the game. A Free To Play model doesn't want you to grind out c-bills to buy that next mech. The Free To Play model wants you to start the grind, say "this is going to be too long" and buy some MC's and get the mech that way. That's how they make money. Is it possible to grind c-bills and get all the mech's (not counting hero) that way? Sure it is. But it's not supposed to be easy.

#27 Degalus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:02 AM

I think its more the grindfeeling and less the reward. Other MMO have the same or more grinding but also rewarding you with something else until you have enough to get what you want. Here in MWO its boring to see nearly the same numbers over and over again. It would be nice to have a Salvagesystem like Mechcommander.
Could look like this Anti Grindfeeling Suggestion

#28 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:08 AM

View PostMadCat02, on 22 November 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

Hell i wait 20 minutes to find matches sometimes .
Really...? 20 minutes...?! The most I've ever seen is 2 minutes, and after that, a ''failed to find match'' error.

I do think Premium Time should have been buffed to a 2X multiplier at the time they nerfed the free CBills. It would have been a mild ''put'' to counterbalance the ''take''.

Edited by Appogee, 23 November 2013 - 05:10 AM.

#29 Blurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

Nope I would rather have more and more people leave the game.

Why buff it when people will just leave because of the insane grind. Even with premium time it is hard to pull any really $ while trying to upgrade mechs.

I think it is fair - PGI doesnt value my time and my money that is just ok with me. I move on.
Devs gotto eat to.

Edited by Blurry, 23 November 2013 - 06:52 AM.

#30 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:40 AM

View PostViges, on 22 November 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

New players have cadet bonus.

I remember back in closed beta when I had enough money to buy a new mech. I sure as hell didn't know what to do with it all--do you think this has changed much since then for the noobs?

They don't even get the trial and error experience we had with the free MC.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 23 November 2013 - 07:41 AM.

#31 Charons Little Helper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:45 AM

Of course I want more Cbills.

I also want a raise at my job.

And candy. Lots of candy.

#32 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:58 AM

View PostHenry Morgan, on 23 November 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

Typically that's the reaction you get from someone when you don't jump into their temper tantrum with them, and point out the flaws with logical facts. "Don't agree with me? FANBOI!"

The simple fact is, its a Free To Play business model. It is NOT supposed to be easy for anyone exercising the "Free" part of Free To Play. It's not supposed to be 'easy mode' for most anything, as a Free To Play model is designed to get the player to cave in and spend real world money here and there throughout the game. A Free To Play model doesn't want you to grind out c-bills to buy that next mech. The Free To Play model wants you to start the grind, say "this is going to be too long" and buy some MC's and get the mech that way. That's how they make money. Is it possible to grind c-bills and get all the mech's (not counting hero) that way? Sure it is. But it's not supposed to be easy.

Both true; I personally think the current level of c-bill gain feels too slow, to the point that it discourages me from buying premium time on a regular basis. PGI of course will monitor statistics and try to do what's best for the business - which will also be what's best for many players. But they'll also monitor feedback - assuming it's presented in a way worth listening to.

#33 JudgeDeathCZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostKhobai, on 22 November 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

I dunno about a cb earnings buff. But how bout a premium buff? +50% cbills just isnt worth buying premium for.

This.I do not need that +50% xp since mine all mechs are masterd and I have enough GXP to buy all modules twice.
I have 91 days of premium time and I do not use it bcuz I have no reason to...

#34 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:10 AM

View PostHenry Morgan, on 23 November 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

It is very possible but you have to play for a long time.I have all my mechs except TDK,X5 and phoenix ones bought by c-bills :D .

#35 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

Premium Time.

#36 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostKhobai, on 22 November 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

I dunno about a cb earnings buff. But how bout a premium buff? +50% cbills just isnt worth buying premium for.

I bet PGI will add a loyalty bonus to premium time when and if CW ever comes out. And PGI said house loyalty/rep will have an impact on mech prices. That doesn't help prices now but a hero mech sure does!

#37 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

View PostBlurry, on 23 November 2013 - 06:51 AM, said:

Nope I would rather have more and more people leave the game.

Why buff it when people will just leave because of the insane grind. Even with premium time it is hard to pull any really $ while trying to upgrade mechs.

I think it is fair - PGI doesnt value my time and my money that is just ok with me. I move on.
Devs gotto eat to.

Says the guy with a PP badge.....
:D

#38 Firewuff

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

Don't sell your weps... Dump equip your unlikely to use again. Thnk before you spend... Its not hard. 30mill on rebuying wepa... Your an ***** then.... Radical needs ... Hardly

#39 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 23 November 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

I remember back in closed beta when I had enough money to buy a new mech. I sure as hell didn't know what to do with it all--do you think this has changed much since then for the noobs?

They don't even get the trial and error experience we had with the free MC.

When I started there was no cadet bonus. And there was repair and reload.
And UI was even worse. And and and...

Some people are just ***** kids who whine all the time.
Is it that hard to go to forum and find some guide? Or wiki?

You know there was time when you needed to read a MANUAL to know what buttons do. And now this new generation of players wants everything right now and for free.

#40 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

Back in my day I had to walk 10 feet in the blinding A/C to physically turn on my nintendo. None of this fancy shmancy "Hit a button on my controller and turn it on from the bed" stuff!

4GB ram?!!??! I had 8mb and was dam happy with it!

lol sorry the more and more we get into this it really does seem like a generational thing. Younger players tend to have grown up post "cheat code" era when you had to really work at even finding out cheat codes. (Anyone else remember having to BUY cheat code books of Game Shark????)

Now if you can't jump in and do everything you want from the first minute of loading up a game then it's "too much work"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users