#41 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:48 AM

View PostLukoi, on 23 November 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

KDR is a great stat to look at but honestly, not even the first one I would consider in evaluating someone's abilities in this game if all you had was stats to consider.

The best stats I look for are C-bills per match and EXP per match

#42 DarkDevilDancer

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:38 AM

Kills/ deaths : 5662/3762
Kdr : 1.51
Wins/ losses : 3349/3100

Best mech:
Dragon slayer and Victor 9k both sit on 2.76

Worst mech:
Locust 1v at 0.80

I only pug.

#43 BlackLemon

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:58 AM

View PostStonefalcon, on 25 November 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

The best stats I look for are C-bills per match and EXP per match

Premium time artificially inflates this.

#44 divinedisclaimer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 280 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

Never below 1 and occasionally above 2.

#45 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

It would be great if an actuary was among us (or PGI) to work on a formula that would kind of sort out a unique stats reflecting one's global effectiveness.

There are enough numbers to play around and get something out of those to reflect this I believe.

Maybe a mix of all stats from Mechs with at least 20 games played could be considered, or only Elite Mechs (mean played enough that you should know exactly how to fully take advantage of the chassis). Then throw in a mix of K/D ratio with Damage done for each Mech and maybe partial weapons stats that would help tell how effective a player is with a particular Mech.

All this computed all together to finish up with a single number globally telling how good or bad a player is.

Would that be even possible? Or there are meaningless stats that would make this, well... still meaningless?

Edited by Rhialto, 25 November 2013 - 09:50 AM.

#46 jtyotJOTJIPAEFVJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:02 AM

Posted Image

#47 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

KD is 1,46 at the moment (~2500 matches, ca 33% premade)
Best Mech -which is quite funny- is my 100% PUG SHD-5M with 57/15 Kills (3,8 KD) in 41 games (12 losses). I should call it "the Lucky Bast..."
Worst: Viktor-9K at a 0,54 KD in ~30 games -.-, its even beaten by my Locusts (0,6-0,9)!

Edited by Mike McSullivan, 25 November 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#48 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

View PostRhialto, on 25 November 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

It would be great if an actuary was among us (or PGI) to work on a formula that would kind of sort out a unique stats reflecting one's global effectiveness.
I decided to do that a week ago. I started to design a web scraper app which would harvest the data from the MWO Mech Stats page, calculate average damage per match, average kills per match, XP per match etc, and then provide ranked data on each of my Mechs' performance, as well as trend data on whether I was overall improving or worsening as a pilot.

About three hours into the project I got an attack of the PGIs and instead created a ''good enough'' Excel spreadsheet... more in keeping with the spirit of and pace of MWO feature development ;).

Edited by Appogee, 25 November 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#49 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

Posted Image
My go-to medium mech HANDS DOWN. The Hunchback 4G is a pretty flawless design stock, and with upgrades only gets better.
Posted Image
The Jagermech used to be one of my all time favorite heavies until 5 AC/2s got nerfed into the ground. :/ Now I just run dual LB10X/4MG/2ML and a STD 265. It works alright ;)
Posted Image
The Yen Lo Wang I purchased simply because I wanted another AC/20 medium mech, and the Centurion chassis is one I always struggled with. Not this one. :P
Posted Image
Spider is finally coming back! Hitboxes are fixed so I don't feel so bad running around harassing in it anymore. Do you know how hard it is to maintain a 2.0 with only 3 medium lasers? lol
Posted Image
kintaro is quickly becoming my new favorite medium, it's fast and has so many missile hardpoints for harassment and suppression. Note: I do NOT run a Streak-taro.
Posted Image
Dragon is a go-to heavy I've been working on, I've had lots of good games with it so far. As long as you remember you use your speed to support smaller mechs, you'll be alright. Dragons are good on Conquest to get to a point and pick off a light and suppress heavier mechs from attempting to push. Don't be a hero!!!

#50 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostAppogee, on 25 November 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

[/size]I decided to do that a week ago. I started to design a web scraper app which would harvest the data from the MWO Mech Stats page, computer average damage per match, average kills per match, XP per match etc, and then provide ranked data on each of my Mech's performance, as well as a trend line on whether I was overall improving or worsening.

About three hours into the project I got an attack of the PGIs and instead create a ''good enough'' Excel spreadsheet... more in keeping with the spirit of and pace of MWO feature development ;).

ouch lol

#51 EmperorMyrf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostPiipu, on 25 November 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

Spoiler

how does one achieve a death of less than one?
Posted Image

Looks like I'm sitting at 1.9 right now, with a W/L ratio of about 1.09

My W/L ratio was <1 for quite a while and it took a good few months to grind out a better win ratio. My W/L since they started recording W/L per map is about 1.24. So for those of you discouraged that you'll never get your stats up, you will get better.

Looks like lots of you guys excel strongly with one mech, looks like I don't have a mech (even my outliers) with a KDR greater than 4. My main mechs are my Founders hunch at 2.54, CN9-D at 2.61, AWS-8Q at 2.89 and CTF-2X at 4.00. Then my lowest is that dumb ol SDR-5V at 0.93. Running that thing is so frustrating.

And while I don't believe that comparing the KDR of two different people to determine who is better works, I do believe the KDR is indicative of your own personal growth and progress. Accuracy is also a useful stat, but doesn't quite paint the whole picture. I know I'm a good shot (AC/20 accuracy 73.59) and with my lighter mechs I can twist out damage very well, but I'm trash at field position/being overwhelmed/biting off more than i can chew/etc.

#52 jtyotJOTJIPAEFVJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostEmperorMyrf, on 25 November 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

how does one achieve a death of less than one?
It's probably a floating point error in the kill counter. Happens all the time in programming.

#53 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostPiipu, on 25 November 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

Posted Image

It's amazing that you've managed to die with a decimal. Get your hand off it and try again.

#54 SmithMPBT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 793 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

Posted Image

#55 JDH4mm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

Okay....mine here i guess
Name............................................Value
MechWarrior Credits.....................1,471
Kills / Death..............................4,956 /1,730
C-Bills.......................................272,299,088
Experience Points.......................3,341,625
Wins / Losses...........................2,493 / 1,628
Kill / Death Ratio..............................2.86
Accumulative C-Bills Per Match......130,157.50
Avg. XP Per Match.............................810.88

Yes my C-bill value is correct, im positive i'm not the highest there is oh and i've got over 2m GXP so.... if theres a mech i like... well... ya figure it out ;-)

View PostMycrus, on 23 November 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

how can you guys stand playing in one mech for thousands and thousands of drops?

Because I've done it before and i know what works and doesn't work =) I'm quite comfortable where im at. I'll switch up once in a while when i feel like it.

Its easy to play in something so fun, it hardly gets boring, except for the map repititions .... which does get old.

Edited by JDH4mm3r, 25 November 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#56 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

I think your KDR has to be evaluated with regards to your Win:Loss ratio and how often you pug vs group play.

2.4 WL / 2.76 KDR / mostly pug'ing and leveling those damn mechs for the tier list.

#57 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

100% Medium Mech Solo-Pugger:
My best K/D was around 2,3 pre ECM/ELO afair.
Did go down to ~2 after ECM and with ELO and Missile Nerfs (bcs Missiles are a Medium Mechs weapon) its now at a 1,59 K/D and still slowly shrinking.
I have 5-Kill matches but i have wrong turn oops dead matches too - its easy to die nowadays^^

W/L Assault: 1,17
W/L Conquest: 1,2 (has gone down since Conquest was nerfed into Assault v0.7)
Afair i had a W/L slightly above 1,3 but >3000 matches later ELO works ;)

And atm i have all Maps posiive but one with Alpine best with a >1,5 W/L and the worst River City Night at 1,0 W/L.

All the Mechs i frequently play are more suited for Conquest (big enigines. light weaponload) matches bcs i like Mobile Warfare more.

In the end K/D means nothing to me - i want fun fights and stay with a positive W/L.

Edited by Thorqemada, 25 November 2013 - 03:21 PM.

#58 TheGreatNoNo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 448 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

Spoiler

I`v started giving up on pugging really in the last month, soley because it was getting too fusrating. My 4P krd used to be higher, then I got sloppy.

What I would REALLY want to see is a friendly fire stat in there, I really do what do know this.

#59 JDH4mm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

My friendly fire stat is low, i believe i've got under 10 teamkills lol

#60 KinsonRavenlock

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 44 posts
  • LocationCalgary,Alberta

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

I'm about 50/50 pug/4man
Name Value MechWarrior Credits 0 Kills / Death 6,802 / 1,666 C-Bills 29,175,665 Experience Points 4,761,265 Wins / Losses 3,692 / 1,281 Kill / Death Ratio 4.08 Accumulative C-Bills Per Match 161,791.07 Avg. XP Per Match 957.42
I mostly play victors/cataphracts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users