#41 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,374 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostR Razor, on 26 November 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

Not very old are you? YOU are responsible for your weapons fire, if you are aware of your surroundings then you minimize the possibility of shooting a friendly target. Do accidents happen because people run in front of you? Of course they do, but not all that often. More often than not, friendly fire is a result of dipshits "testing" their weapons at the beginning of a match.

I suppose to placate those of you that can't or won't accept responsibility for your own weapons fire they could turn the penalty off after the first 2 or 3 minutes of the match. Either way, there is way too much friendly fire out there. And nobody, absolutely NOBODY will ever be able to truthfully say they haven't been shot by or shot someone else in a friendly fire incident.

No numb nuts, you are advocating that I should hold back my fire cause a nitwit nub decides to walk in front of me and block my shots when while he was standing beside me we were both able to shoot, but to make matters worse I should then be penalized for that *****'s mistake? I'm sorry but your idea of penalizing people for hitting friendlies is absurd, if people want to minimize friendly fire then don't run in front of allies during a firefight, it's that simple.

Let me ask you a simple question? Are you a console player? There I said it, you are spouting off this rubbish like you are some Call of Duty fanboy demanding PGI remove a feature of this tactical shooter cause you want to play Call of Duty with Mechs?

If that is the case you should go play Hawken cause PGI don't serve your kind here.

Edited by Stonefalcon, 26 November 2013 - 02:25 PM.

#42 Hillslam

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

Keep friendly fire.

Crank up collision damage. Both PvP and PvE collision damage. Way up.

#43 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostHillslam, on 26 November 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

Keep friendly fire.

Crank up collision damage. Both PvP and PvE collision damage. Way up.

So eager to see collisions returning. It is a sorely missed component of the game and changes things quite drastically when it comes to light combat.

#44 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

The moment they remove friendly fire - I'm out and I will ask for a refund for every single cent I pooped into this game.

3PV brouhaha was bad enough... Removing FF will make it too dumbed down even for me...

Edited by Mycrus, 26 November 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#45 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

View PostStonefalcon, on 26 November 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

No numb nuts, you are advocating that I should hold back my fire cause a nitwit nub decides to walk in front of me and block my shots when while he was standing beside me we were both able to shoot, but to make matters worse I should then be penalized for that *****'s mistake? I'm sorry but your idea of penalizing people for hitting friendlies is absurd, if people want to minimize friendly fire then don't run in front of allies during a firefight, it's that simple.

Let me ask you a simple question? Are you a console player? There I said it, you are spouting off this rubbish like you are some Call of Duty fanboy demanding PGI remove a feature of this tactical shooter cause you want to play Call of Duty with Mechs?

If that is the case you should go play Hawken cause PGI don't serve your kind here.

No dipshit, I am a former Soldier and a responsible firearms owner that is cognizant of the fact that I am responsible for ANY weapons fire I make.............this is a simulation, meaning you should SIMULATE the same behavior you would exhibit in real life...........therefore you should make EVERY EFFORT to avoid Friendly Fire instead of saying stupid **** like "oh well he ran in front of me". Seems to me like you're more the COD player than anyone else I see posting in here.

#46 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostR Razor, on 26 November 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

No dipshit, I am a former Soldier and a responsible firearms owner that is cognizant of the fact that I am responsible for ANY weapons fire I make.............this is a simulation, meaning you should SIMULATE the same behavior you would exhibit in real life...........therefore you should make EVERY EFFORT to avoid Friendly Fire instead of saying stupid **** like "oh well he ran in front of me". Seems to me like you're more the COD player than anyone else I see posting in here.

Take a chill pill dude, no need for the harsh language here.

If you're a former soldier you know damn well there is no option to turn off friendly fire IRL, more-so what happens IRL when you shoot someone, last time I checked they don't just quit match and start another one in a new mech, they die. The moment you compare real life to a game it's over.

And FYI I am also a responsible firearms owner, I know very well to treat a weapon IRL with respect and proper control but we are talking about a game here and not real life. Please don't mix the two.

#47 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:05 PM

just rebound friendly fire for the first 10 seconds of the match, after that be careful, if it's intentional report it

#48 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

View PostStonefalcon, on 26 November 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

Take a chill pill dude, no need for the harsh language here.

If you're a former soldier you know damn well there is no option to turn off friendly fire IRL, more-so what happens IRL when you shoot someone, last time I checked they don't just quit match and start another one in a new mech, they die. The moment you compare real life to a game it's over.

And FYI I am also a responsible firearms owner, I know very well to treat a weapon IRL with respect and proper control but we are talking about a game here and not real life. Please don't mix the two.

Hey Einstein, maybe you should check your earlier post to see where the harsh language / name calling originated.............that's right, there is NO option to turn off friendly fire, so you SHOULD be penalized for commiting it, just as you would be penalized if you shot someone even on accident in real life..............and because you're apparently unable to discern the meaning of SIMULATION allow me to assist.............the game is supposed to SIMULATE what life would be like if we were piloting these Battlemechs IN REAL LIFE.............the only reason anyone could possibly have for not wanting penalites for friendly fire is because they are either too lazy or too stupid to control what their weapons do and would rather play a CALL OF DUTY type CONSOLE game instead of a SIMULATION.

#49 Nimura Nekogami

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 96 posts
  • LocationErfurt

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:02 AM

I only like games where you need to watch your fire. Removing it would destroy this game for me. :D

I would take the penalty for friendly fire if those guys running in front of you would get something like this too. :blink:
(if not: nope)

And comparing it with Real Life is.....strange.
Isnt "friendly fire" some action called from the British and US Army? It happens in Real Life! :angry:
Also, if an Soldier would blocking the line of sight for his unit members, to get an "Kill", he would have to explain his action if he survived this stupidity. ;)

#50 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostR Razor, on 26 November 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

Hey Einstein, maybe you should check your earlier post to see where the harsh language / name calling originated.............that's right, there is NO option to turn off friendly fire, so you SHOULD be penalized for commiting it, just as you would be penalized if you shot someone even on accident in real life..............and because you're apparently unable to discern the meaning of SIMULATION allow me to assist.............the game is supposed to SIMULATE what life would be like if we were piloting these Battlemechs IN REAL LIFE.............the only reason anyone could possibly have for not wanting penalites for friendly fire is because they are either too lazy or too stupid to control what their weapons do and would rather play a CALL OF DUTY type CONSOLE game instead of a SIMULATION.

I'm done dude, you just can't be reasoned with.

Posted Image

#51 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostStonefalcon, on 27 November 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

I'm done dude, you just can't be reasoned with.

Posted Image

Why im not surprised XD XD GOGO R RAZOR GO !! XD

But apart from that i support R Razor about friendly fire getting penalized ; of course based on the percentage you made on the match.

P.D: I hate people crossing my line of fire when using zoom......got the face to tell me "{Dezgra} stop FF" :S damm!!

P.D2: Penalty wont allow us to make 12 vs 12 drops with THUNDERDOME (1vs1) style matches T_T.

Edited by strikebrch, 27 November 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#52 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

View Poststrikebrch, on 27 November 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

Why im not surprised XD XD GOGO R RAZOR GO !! XD

"Never argue with an *****. They will drag you down to their level and win with experience."

This is why I've stopped counter arguing, cause if I don't stop this will never end.

#53 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostStonefalcon, on 27 November 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

"Never argue with an *****. They will drag you down to their level and win with experience."

This is why I've stopped counter arguing, cause if I don't stop this will never end.

I like your mech in your banner ^_^

#54 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostSandpit, on 27 November 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

I like your mech in your banner ^_^

LOL I like your posts regarding what would happen if pgi removed everything people asked for.

One thing though, the post saying "PGI should remove people posting on the forums" was a troll post I made many months ago so you could probably remove it from the list, it attracted about 20 pages of rage and more dislikes than Kanye West.

#55 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostStonefalcon, on 27 November 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

LOL I like your posts regarding what would happen if pgi removed everything people asked for.

One thing though, the post saying "PGI should remove people posting on the forums" was a troll post I made many months ago so you could probably remove it from the list, it attracted about 20 pages of rage and more dislikes than Kanye West.

No way! lol That was actually one of my personal favorites ^_^

#56 Lykaon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

View PostAdvancingToTheRear, on 25 November 2013 - 02:53 AM, said:

Hello the only real gripe I have about MWO is ramming damage and friendly fire. I pilot a Kintaro and every single match 60 seconds into the match my Kintaro is halfway damaged due to allies ramming my mech repeatedly and not watching where they are shooting. I am not exaggerating when I say that every match about 65% of the damage I take per match is from friendly fire and allies not watching where they are going and running into me. Sometimes there will be a allied light hunter mech lance running around me in battle and they will ram me so many times in my Kintaros legs that one of my mechs legs will be completely destroyed by them. There was one match where 3 allied spiders were running in circles firing 12 machine guns everywhere and they destroyed a atlas teammate by critical hitting his lrm ammo with their machine guns and they blew my Kintaros arm off via ammo explosion in my left torso, which pretty much cost us the match. I know that in the past the developers have considered removing ramming damage and friendly fire, I think it would be a good idea to get rid of friendly fire and ramming damage. Please share your thoughts on this subject fellow mechwarriors.

Firstly it sounds like your perception of the damage you take from friendlies is exagerated especially the ramming damage.

Ramming damage is minimal.I have experienced matches where two opposing mechs were out of ammo/weapons and were deliberatley ramming to try to land a kill.It's tedious and also unlikely to occur before the clock runs out.

Secondly friendly fire is a two way street.In that I mean one guy shoots the other is in the way.Don't get in the way.

Thirdly sometimes there are griefers who fire on friendlies intentionaly.Record their names and report or at the very least record their names and warn other players on the guys team that he has a history.

Fourth(ly) Have you given any thought to joining a player organization either a house unit or a merc corp.Dropping with 11 other players that all know better than to run off like a 3 year old on a sugar rush guns blazing will vastly reduce your friendly fire experinces.

#57 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

I pug only and I am fine the way it is past wanting collisions back. I think the kill stealer and the ***** who walks in front of your shot will learn quickly from it rather than making it a kindergarten safe zone.

We just need to counsel the blind and deaf as much as we can. Just stop weapons testing off the pad. To me its a true sign of a useless pilot when I see that. Firing in the air or into a wall only encourages roger ramjet to test his too except he is too stupid to be careful. Darwin will take care of the rest.

#58 Nimura Nekogami

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 96 posts
  • LocationErfurt

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:39 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 28 November 2013 - 03:44 AM, said:

I pug only and I am fine the way it is past wanting collisions back. I think the kill stealer and the ***** who walks in front of your shot will learn quickly from it rather than making it a kindergarten safe zone.

We just need to counsel the blind and deaf as much as we can. Just stop weapons testing off the pad. To me its a true sign of a useless pilot when I see that. Firing in the air or into a wall only encourages roger ramjet to test his too except he is too stupid to be careful. Darwin will take care of the rest.

I will never stop firing in the air! never!!! (more than one "!" to show how serious i am) :D
It looks awsome :D *pewpew**kabooom**wushhhhhhh*
And i think there is an great gap between firing your weapons in the air/ in a wall or at your mates. :ph34r: ^_^

#59 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:59 AM

View PostNimura Nekogami, on 28 November 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

I will never stop firing in the air! never!!! (more than one "!" to show how serious i am) :angry:
It looks awsome :wub: *pewpew**kabooom**wushhhhhhh*
And i think there is an great gap between firing your weapons in the air/ in a wall or at your mates. :blink: :D

And the enemy can go "see those wombats are over there" Brilliant!

#60 Nimura Nekogami

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 96 posts
  • LocationErfurt

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 28 November 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

And the enemy can go "see those wombats are over there" Brilliant!

At the moment im runing an Atlas......everyone who is not blind or plays with an deactivated monitor will see me. :blink: :wub:

And there are pionts on each map where you could do something like this without giving out your position.
(most of the time i do this at the end of an game :D )
I dont see a problem in this. :angry:

29 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users