• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 28 November 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

And the enemy can go "see those wombats are over there" Brilliant!

because shooting into the air in the first 10 seconds of the match starting "gives away" your spawn position....?

#62 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

FF is stupid in this game, in every game I have ever played, screw the so called realistic gameplay, it's nothing more than people using it to ruin your game. I've seen it several times though been a good while, but then I dont playt his game all that often anymore, however to my point I've seen teammates on both sides kill a couple of their teammates before they avenged the fallen player. I can say the same for a game like halo reach, WOW is that game in extreme need of taking the ff off, would make the game so much better, almost every match in that game is some d ick of a teammate shooting you so you cant use the sniper rife, or will grenade you at beginning of the match so forth and so forth so .i.. to those who think it's ok to have teammates that can kill you if they choose.

We have been lucky there isn't as much griefing in this game but then...I doubt there are nearly as many players online playing compared to retail games of today.

#63 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 28 November 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

FF is stupid in this game, in every game I have ever played, screw the so called realistic gameplay, it's nothing more than people using it to ruin your game. I've seen it several times though been a good while, but then I dont playt his game all that often anymore, however to my point I've seen teammates on both sides kill a couple of their teammates before they avenged the fallen player. I can say the same for a game like halo reach, WOW is that game in extreme need of taking the ff off, would make the game so much better, almost every match in that game is some d ick of a teammate shooting you so you cant use the sniper rife, or will grenade you at beginning of the match so forth and so forth so .i.. to those who think it's ok to have teammates that can kill you if they choose.

We have been lucky there isn't as much griefing in this game but then...I doubt there are nearly as many players online playing compared to retail games of today.

Then stick to COD and BF4

#64 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostSandpit, on 28 November 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

because shooting into the air in the first 10 seconds of the match starting "gives away" your spawn position....?

No but it is an indicator that when you do "flank" those same jackasses will repeat that process, likely due to some ADHD based affliction, at a time that will screw everyone.

If you do not have an enemy target, save the fireworks for when you do. Simple and easy...

P.S. Sorry, of all the stupid things seen done in MWO, it really irks me when I see such simpleton behavior. :D

Edited by Almond Brown, 28 November 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#65 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 28 November 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

No but it is an indicator that when you do "flank" those same jackasses will repeat that process, likely due to some ADHD based affliction, at a time that will screw everyone.

If you do not have an enemy target, save the fireworks for when you do. Simple and easy...

P.S. Sorry, of all the stupid things seen done in MWO, it really irks me when I see such simpleton behavior. :D

That has nothing to do with FF though? That has to do with dbags

#66 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

View PostSandpit, on 28 November 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

That has nothing to do with FF though? That has to do with dbags

And that is why we should not encourage said dbags by giving them yet another ganking tool to be dbgs with, aka increased ramming damage. They have enough now and others can respond to their antics if need be. aka fire back. :angry:

P.S. If you accidentally discharge on my Mech ion the Drop zone, it happens I know, and I look at you and you apologize or do not fire again, were good. If you fire on me, I turn and you fire again, even with a SL, then only one of us will leave the drop zone alive. The other will likely be in very poor battle condition but alas vengeance will have been mine either way.

Be a dbag if you must, but do not let me know who it was, ever. :D

Edited by Almond Brown, 28 November 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#67 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 28 November 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

And that is why we should not encourage said dbags by giving them yet another ganking tool to be dbgs with, aka increased ramming damage. They have enough now and others can respond to their antics if need be. aka fire back. :D

Rebounding that damage back to the attacker for the first few seconds of a match alleviates that completely. After that point it's business as usual witht he occasional friendly fire because people derp out in front of friendlies, accidents, etc. It completely eliminates the "lol Sorry, was just "testing" my weapons, chill out" and the damaged legs from "rolling out"

#68 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostSandpit, on 28 November 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

Rebounding that damage back to the attacker for the first few seconds of a match alleviates that completely. After that point it's business as usual witht he occasional friendly fire because people derp out in front of friendlies, accidents, etc. It completely eliminates the "lol Sorry, was just "testing" my weapons, chill out" and the damaged legs from "rolling out"

OK, and here I was thinking we all wanted a "thinking mans" game. Apparently that only applies after the non-thinkers get a few seconds first... :D

Remember. "If you just give a man a fish"... eh

Edited by Almond Brown, 28 November 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#69 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostSandpit, on 28 November 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

Did I say first 10 seconds or is that a lame attempt at a snarky response?

#70 Navy Sixes

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationHeading west

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

View PostAdvancingToTheRear, on 25 November 2013 - 02:53 AM, said:

Hello the only real gripe I have about MWO is ramming damage and friendly fire. I pilot a Kintaro and every single match 60 seconds into the match my Kintaro is halfway damaged due to allies ramming my mech repeatedly and not watching where they are shooting. I am not exaggerating when I say that every match about 65% of the damage I take per match is from friendly fire and allies not watching where they are going and running into me. Sometimes there will be a allied light hunter mech lance running around me in battle and they will ram me so many times in my Kintaros legs that one of my mechs legs will be completely destroyed by them. There was one match where 3 allied spiders were running in circles firing 12 machine guns everywhere and they destroyed a atlas teammate by critical hitting his lrm ammo with their machine guns and they blew my Kintaros arm off via ammo explosion in my left torso, which pretty much cost us the match. I know that in the past the developers have considered removing ramming damage and friendly fire, I think it would be a good idea to get rid of friendly fire and ramming damage. Please share your thoughts on this subject fellow mechwarriors.

Hey, Welcome!

FF is an ugly part of the game, but one that shouldn't be changed, I think. Many people come from other games where their weapons don't hurt teammates, and so lack weapon discipline. It might sound too grim and serious for a game to ask players to maintain "weapon discipline" and "firing lane awareness," but it's what separates MWO from other "arcade" shooters. Yes, it's science fiction, yes it's a game that's supposed to be fun. That said, it is supposed to be a simulation, which means that part of the fun is dealing with things that you have to deal with in the real world, too. coffee-table sized AC20 shells and focused beams of energy aren't going to distinguish between friend or foe.

It happens to all of us, more or less, sooner or later, and both giving and receiving. You're zoomed in (in infra-red/night vision mode, no less) dumping AC2 fire on an enemy, and then you're dumping fire on the ally in the same mech-type that was brawling with them. Or you cruise in to a sweet spot where you can draw a bead on the enemy and take a hit in the back from someone who found that sweet spot a few seconds before you, only they were 340m behind your position.

If I shoot you and I realize it and I'm able (not fighting/running for my life) I'll type an earnest apology. If it happens to me, I'm pretty "whatever" about it. In the heat of the moment, **** happens, and if I was in their line of fire the fault is mostly my own. The exception is joyfire. It is always lame, and indicates that the emitter is everything bad about FNGs. Trust me on this, Advancing To The Rear, (great name, by the way) the more joyfire you see from your team at the beginning of a match, the harder it will be for you to win. It is known.

Again, welcome. Hope you stick with it!

#71 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

Posted Image
Does the way the hatchet looks in this pic bug anyone else? It looks like a little toy or something.

#72 AdvancingToTheRear

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:06 AM

I am making a desperate plea to Piranha to remove friendly fire for the welfare of the community. With the recent changes to how mechs are damaged, teamkilling has spiked. I had 3 matches in a row where the same player killed 7 teammates. He laughed and said, "go ahead and report me and get me banned, It is a free game I will just make a new account the game is free, I don't have anything invested in this account anyways, this is my troll account, all that will do is show me I got a rise out of you all and encourage me to teamkill more." These teamkillers are using stock ac20 blackjacks to shoot teammates from behind and sometimes they kill half the team before the rest of the team figures out whats going on. These teamkillers are shooting mechs in the rear where their ammo is located and blowing up teamtes via ammo explosion in 1-3 ac20 shots. This morning a teamkiller single shot killed a spider with a center rear torso ac 20 slug. I am asking for the communities welfare please do something, reporting doesn't work, the teamkillers are mocking us and daring us to report them they do not care.

#73 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostAdvancingToTheRear, on 15 December 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

I am making a desperate plea to Piranha to remove friendly fire for the welfare of the community. With the recent changes to how mechs are damaged, teamkilling has spiked. I had 3 matches in a row where the same player killed 7 teammates. He laughed and said, "go ahead and report me and get me banned, It is a free game I will just make a new account the game is free, I don't have anything invested in this account anyways, this is my troll account, all that will do is show me I got a rise out of you all and encourage me to teamkill more." These teamkillers are using stock ac20 blackjacks to shoot teammates from behind and sometimes they kill half the team before the rest of the team figures out whats going on. These teamkillers are shooting mechs in the rear where their ammo is located and blowing up teamtes via ammo explosion in 1-3 ac20 shots. This morning a teamkiller single shot killed a spider with a center rear torso ac 20 slug. I am asking for the communities welfare please do something, reporting doesn't work, the teamkillers are mocking us and daring us to report them they do not care.

support@mwomercs.com

report them, they get banned, TK drops instead of spikes

#74 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:59 AM

View PostAdvancingToTheRear, on 15 December 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

Might want to let him know that PGI probably has the ability to ban based on IP and that each time he logs on even with a spoofer his MAC is known to the server and they can likely ban him using that info as well. Account names cease to matter when you're banned based on a hardware identification.

#75 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:12 AM

Man last time I saw team killing was months ago. When House Liao an Goons landed on the same team. I refrained from shooting as they id a great job of killing themselves for us.

#76 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:48 AM

View PostAdvancingToTheRear, on 25 November 2013 - 02:53 AM, said:

Hello the only real gripe I have about MWO is ramming damage and friendly fire. I pilot a Kintaro and every single match 60 seconds into the match my Kintaro is halfway damaged due to allies ramming my mech repeatedly and not watching where they are shooting. I am not exaggerating when I say that every match about 65% of the damage I take per match is from friendly fire and allies not watching where they are going and running into me. Sometimes there will be a allied light hunter mech lance running around me in battle and they will ram me so many times in my Kintaros legs that one of my mechs legs will be completely destroyed by them. There was one match where 3 allied spiders were running in circles firing 12 machine guns everywhere and they destroyed a atlas teammate by critical hitting his lrm ammo with their machine guns and they blew my Kintaros arm off via ammo explosion in my left torso, which pretty much cost us the match. I know that in the past the developers have considered removing ramming damage and friendly fire, I think it would be a good idea to get rid of friendly fire and ramming damage. Please share your thoughts on this subject fellow mechwarriors.

Your team mates are far more dangerous to you then the opfor. its really why you loose match after match. your team sucked more then the other team.

You must keep your team mates at a reasonable distance for personal safety.

P.S. dont be that guy who runs to the front lines. stay within sight of the assaults and out of the fireing lanes.

P.P.S. don't be greedy for the kill. it will more then likely just get you killed. casue everyone in range will be going for it. the chance of some friendly fire goes up substantially.

Edited by Tombstoner, 16 December 2013 - 07:48 AM.

#77 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:25 AM

Collision does negligible damage. It takes something like 80 falls off the largest mountain to break a Spider's legs. A light hitting another mech at most drops it by something like 0.4%, which makes it say 99%.

I can only talk about what I see when I play, but I rarely see friendly fire incidents. Have seen maybe 1 or 2 in the last 6 months. And that's something that would stick out to me.

Might really just be in the newbie elo range.

30 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users